Send Topic Print
Srinath (Read 113 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Srinath
07/19/13 at 06:15:38

I can't find it now but one thing you said, that at least I thought to be profound, was a comment regarding other countries.

I believe the quote was along the lines of "Who do you think they [education system] tell children is #1 in other countries?"

This stuck in my head because I've only lived this sheltered life in the US with the propaganda that we are #1 forced into our heads. It made me consider, for a moment, that the US is not number 1. Although this may sound egotistical you are combating years of brainwashing so consider the light shining through the clouds a good thing.
It makes sense though. I believe the Chinese teach the Chinese that they are the best and brightest. That's not a far stretch for me to make.

I had a chance to speak with a woman from Peru and one from the Dominican last night.
They were both born and raised in their respective countries and later immigrated to the US.
They both said that their countries are just like here in CT. That there are rich people and there are poor people. That the poor outnumber the rich. One brought her husband home to meet her family and she said that when they left he had this image in his head he was going to wake up in a bathtub of ice missing a kidney but by the time they left he wanted to go back.
Both said that they were raised and taught in school that the US is the supreme force. They both agree opportunities are more abundant here than in their own countries.

I'm wondering how it compared for you.
In India were you raised believing that India is #1?

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Srinath
Reply #1 - 07/19/13 at 06:36:16

Paraquat wrote on 07/19/13 at 06:15:38:
I can't find it now but one thing you said, that at least I thought to be profound, was a comment regarding other countries.

I believe the quote was along the lines of "Who do you think they [education system] tell children is #1 in other countries?"

This stuck in my head because I've only lived this sheltered life in the US with the propaganda that we are #1 forced into our heads. It made me consider, for a moment, that the US is not number 1. Although this may sound egotistical you are combating years of brainwashing so consider the light shining through the clouds a good thing.
It makes sense though. I believe the Chinese teach the Chinese that they are the best and brightest. That's not a far stretch for me to make.

I had a chance to speak with a woman from Peru and one from the Dominican last night.
They were both born and raised in their respective countries and later immigrated to the US.
They both said that their countries are just like here in CT. That there are rich people and there are poor people. That the poor outnumber the rich. One brought her husband home to meet her family and she said that when they left he had this image in his head he was going to wake up in a bathtub of ice missing a kidney but by the time they left he wanted to go back.
Both said that they were raised and taught in school that the US is the supreme force. They both agree opportunities are more abundant here than in their own countries.

I'm wondering how it compared for you.
In India were you raised believing that India is #1?

--Steve

We were not taught India is #1, however I was taught by people who lived under british rule. We knew we had just got out form under serfdom. That idea was fresh in our mind. However we also were taught to not bear ill-will against england or the west.

India was so culturally and language wise so diverse, I feel more @ home 1/2 way round the world, than I would have 200 miles away. Most of the cities I visited as a child, I could not bear to spend another second in. I hated Bangalore, I hated Delhi, I nearly got lost and had visions of being an abandoned child in Tirupati (a pilgrimage city less than 100 miles from my house). I could not live in anything except the city I was born in. India has 22+ languages, with about as much similarity as russian and english. And I hate 21 of them, and am forgetting that other 1 by the day. There is no way back ... In fact I'd like to move to Peru ... my spanish is fast improving. Or chile, when I retire.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/19/13 at 07:11:35

para,
now you will start to see other places where your thots & feelings have been created for you. youre doing what is called
deprogramming

look it up, its not easy & there is info on it. thinking about other places & what lies they are told is a start

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/18/14 at 11:15:51

Where are you, buddy?
Pine? What did you do to him?!

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 02/24/14 at 13:11:23

Who me? hopefully nothing... I loved reading/sparring with Sri. I even lead my sunday school class in a study on Hindu.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/25/14 at 06:15:16

My memory fails me. I thought it was you who was keeping in touch with him as he moved to NC?
But I see now your profile says you're in Mississippi.
I can't remember anymore.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/25/14 at 07:16:32

Midnight was his buddy. in fact, what's become of Midnight? he hasn't razzed me in a long time. I know he had health problems. anyone know?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 11/27/19 at 06:18:31

Sorry been awol. In 2013 I had foot surgery around this time and decided I'd cut way back on foruming.

I've recently acquired another savage in fact from another self exiled member. This savage is for my son. I have still got that other savage acquired some time in 2005.

Still riding, foot surgery helped it in fact. I'll have to read the forum to pick up where it was I left off.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/27/19 at 09:23:35

Hello Srinath. I remember the name. Welcome back.
Glad to hear a surgery didn't keep you from riding.
I'm facing the potential of a knee replacement, perhaps double, knee replacement in the future.

Honestly starting looking at the three wheel Cam-Am Spyders in case the knees won't support a leaning bike.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 11/27/19 at 09:37:55

LOL, my foot surgery corrected years if not decades of pain.
I've got more aggressive and am doing things like I am a freaking teenager, since the pain prevented me from doing so in my 20's and 30's.
More of a maniac now. I don't know about replacements though, I had topaz for a plantar fascia inflammation.
I think I stopped posting cos the savage was pretty much a deep buried project. I also stopped posting on the SV site, was doing GS and audio pretty much. MZ GSXR, XS etc all also stopped. In 16-17 I got an SCR and turned it to a bolt, so I started on the SCR and bolt forum.,

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:14:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Srinath

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.