Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ryca tank support (Read 49 times)
wombat

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ryca tank support
07/17/13 at 12:56:13

I'm fitting Ryca's bolt-on support for its modified tank. It seems that the posts that hold the rubber pucks are too long. I've had to cut 6mm off each side and remove the welded-on stop washers to make it fit. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Ryca tank support
Reply #1 - 07/17/13 at 15:07:03

wombat wrote on 07/17/13 at 12:56:13:
I'm fitting Ryca's bolt-on support for its modified tank. It seems that the posts that hold the rubber pucks are too long. I've had to cut 6mm off each side and remove the welded-on stop washers to make it fit. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

I did not have that specific problem, but it was hard to slip the tank on and for the hundred or so times necessary for tank alignment and wiring configuration.  Make sure you paint the tank as the very last step.

I had to do some grinding on the frame and the tank to make sure there was enough clearance, plus I had to bend the RYCA tank support bracket in lots of small adjustments to get the tank centered on the frame.

Also, I had to turn the coil 90 degrees and make a new mounting bracket for it because it was rubbing on the tank.

I spent several evenings getting our two RYCA bikes adjusted to where the tanks were not touching anywhere but on the rubber of the forward mount and the aft mount.

A lot of this is discussed in the Double RYCA build thread.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 07:29:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ryca tank support

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.