Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
having trouble getting rid of backfires (Read 41 times)
xxxBILLMANxxx
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

having trouble getting rid of backfires
07/17/13 at 19:55:02

bike: 88 ls650, 11xxx miles
mods: blue collar bobber exhaust, stock 47.5 pilet and upped to 157.5 main, .63 spacer, k&n air cone filter right on carb, alot of cosmetics but thats all performance wise.
 OK so ive been working on a bobber build for the last month and i finally finished it tonight i have been fiddling with the carb on and off through the build but cant get it right. its runs and rides fine just cant shake the backfires and the loud bang when i cut it off. i had originally upped both jets right off the bat without testing stock jets with mods (my mistake) i put 50 pilot and 157.5 main, it ran ok but was backfire like crazy and their was no change when i turned idle mix all the way in and out alot of turns ran exactly the same. so it went back to the stock 47.5 pilot now when i adjust, it just ever so slightly changes not even noticeable.  now ive seen in the rejetting thread that the old bikes like mine already have bigger stock jets than the newer, so do i need to go back to stock 155 main also. it also said humidity comes into play and i live in north Mississippi so its like a sauna all summer 85 to 100% humidity. is that why its seems to be running rich even with higher flowing exhaust and cone filter? ill post my build on here later and show yaw what ive done with the bike Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 03:16:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › having trouble getting rid of backfires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.