Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
US woman gets 20 years for firing warning shot... (Read 343 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: US woman gets 20 years for firing warning shot
Reply #15 - 07/15/13 at 14:22:08

I don't get your point Jerry. It was 7:00 PM not "the wee hours of the morning". Are you referring to "Sundown" laws where "Negro's" must be off the streets by sunset??

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #16 - 07/15/13 at 14:31:21

I have to admit that I didn't watch one minute of this trial, nor even read more than a few sentences about it.
Somehow, I got the idea that the shooting occurred around 2 AM.  If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.
No need for the insult about the sundown laws.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #17 - 07/15/13 at 14:47:56

It was sarcasm Jerry, I figured that you weren't aware of the time. No offence was intended.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #18 - 07/15/13 at 15:03:26

Star -
Sorry, too, Friend.  It's the end of a tough day, plus I'm sick with a respiratory infection ( on antibiotics for it), plus my whole left arm hurts like the devil fro a tumble I took last Thursday on a wet tile floor, and tore the bicep muscle.  The whole are is bruised an looks like a grape.
All in all, I guess I wasn't up for appreciating sarcasm.
My doc is also certified in sports medicine, and when I saw him this morning for the arm, he reminded me that there aren't any 66 year old quarterbacks for a very good reason.  I feel like I got blind sided by a safety blitz.
Take care.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Ryan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Meade, MD
Reply #19 - 07/15/13 at 15:41:07

srinath wrote on 07/15/13 at 14:05:57:
But didn't Zimmerman also get his gun from the car ?

The difference is, he didn't miss, but she did ... you've heard the saying right, "Gun control is being able to hit yoru target", so he excercised gun control, and she did not.

Cool.
Srinath.

I don't know if Zimmerman got his gun from the car.  I would think he had it on him the whole time.  The difference is that it was proven in court that Zimmerman was the one that was attacked and he defended himself.  And unfortunately the only one who can dispute that claim is Trevon Martin.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #20 - 07/15/13 at 15:49:33

Ouch.. Jerry,take care of yourself my friend. It's boiling hot up here in Michigan (even on the lake), so it must be an inferno down there. Take a few days off from the office, sit in an easy-chair with a good book and a cold drink, and get plenty of rest...no fooling...Doctor's orders.  Wink

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #21 - 07/15/13 at 15:53:08

OK, will do, so long as you cover payroll, pay the utilities, pay the rent, pay the  computer people, etc., etc., etc. (G).

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #22 - 07/15/13 at 15:57:43

I'm already finishing the cold drink - it's called Famous Grouse on the rocks.  Does wonders for a sore arm and a sour temperament.
Thanks for the concern - it is nice to have genuine people as friends, even when we don't agree all of the time on political issues.  I wish some of our other contributors could see the world likewise.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #23 - 07/15/13 at 16:45:22

Jerry, that is one of the most profound comments I've read so far about the entire unfortunate occurance. I've always thought that the tragic death of Travon is more of a comment on our entire society where violence seems to have become the first  choice not the last. For some strange reason people have lost the ability to be civil to each other. It is upsetting at a lot of different levels.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 07/15/13 at 18:07:47

Ryan wrote on 07/15/13 at 15:41:07:

The difference is, he didn't miss, but she did ... you've heard the saying right, "Gun control is being able to hit yoru target", so he excercised gun control, and she did not.

Cool.
Srinath.

I don't know if Zimmerman got his gun from the car.  I would think he had it on him the whole time.  The difference is that it was proven in court that Zimmerman was the one that was attacked and he defended himself.  And unfortunately the only one who can dispute that claim is Trevon Martin.

Abcnews said -
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-gun-back/story?id=19663922

Prosecutors in their closing argument had said that Zimmerman getting out of his car with a loaded gun to follow the teenager led to Martin's shooting.

I guess the prosecution said he got out of his car with gun ...

I think the defence said no, he followed him, then went to his car to get the gun ... I guess driving away isn't offered as an option for "stand your ground" You need to be armed, not get to safety in your car, and then follow someone unarmed and then stand your ground, and it all is valid only if you shoot and kill the guy.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 07/16/13 at 02:00:47

self defense, wasnt SYG,, he was on his back, being beaten,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #26 - 07/16/13 at 13:09:39

Cool.
Srinath.

No, the difference is Zimmerman/Martin wasn't a stand your groud case, the defense didn't even pursue a stand your ground hearing. It was solely self-defense on it's merits.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 07/16/13 at 13:13:13

Dane Allen wrote on 07/16/13 at 13:09:39:

Cool.
Srinath.

No, the difference is Zimmerman/Martin wasn't a stand your groud case, the defense didn't even pursue a stand your ground hearing. It was solely self-defense on it's merits.

Yea first claim "stand your ground" so cops let you go, then you get cleaned up off all the evidence etc etc, and 45 days later you get arrested and get out on bail, then claim self defence in the hearing.
Nice bait and switch if you ask me ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #28 - 07/16/13 at 13:15:13

Ryan wrote on 07/15/13 at 14:03:32:
Before you shed tears for this girl, read the story and read the stand your ground law.  She was the aggressor.  She was not defending herself.  She had a chance to leave.  She went out to the car, got the gun and went back into the house.  Stand your ground does not apply here.

Well, that is the plight of women in abusinve relationships where children are involved. How many times does to "father" take the kids and kill them in spite of everyone else? The family has been disintegrating under increasing social liberalism and the weakest members of society are usually the victims.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #29 - 07/16/13 at 13:21:31

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 07/15/13 at 14:31:21:
I have to admit that I didn't watch one minute of this trial, nor even read more than a few sentences about it.
Somehow, I got the idea that the shooting occurred around 2 AM.  If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.
No need for the insult about the sundown laws.

It was totally inappropriate for Star to insult you that way!! In my experience, those on the left readily use false accusations of racism when they have nothing to contribute to the conversation. It is a trick to put you off when they have no valid points. This is the guy who through crocodile tears wanted civility in these forums, well for everyone else but him it turns out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:08:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › US woman gets 20 years for firing warning shot...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.