SP1!

Re: Chase Snowden DOWN!
Reply #15 - 07/05/13 at 11:01:45

Pine wrote on 07/05/13 at 10:44:25:
oldNslow wrote on 07/05/13 at 07:07:24:
Quote:
Really we want to have it both ways.

Sri,
I don't know who the "we" you're refering to are, but I am most assuredly not one of them. I'm not at all interested in "having it both ways" I've said several times on here that I don't want the government to protect me; I want it to leave me alone.

This.. very much this.  Way too many bad things occur when government seeks to "protect" the citizens. Make no mistake, the government cares not one bit about the lives lost in 9/11. They do care about the black eye the government got.

What govt is this you're talking about ?

Seriously the whole bravado about "let me keep my guns and I'll protect myself" ... is all the 4 walls of your tiny room, compared to what is nationally @ risk.

Cool.
Srinath

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #16 - 07/05/13 at 11:03:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/13 at 07:09:27:
7 still, no support for clappers arrest,

Clapper should be fired.. cause he is an idiot. Hell my 15yo son can lie better than that!

BTW .. I will go with Sri on one thing... Bush senior was a CIA insider, and allowed the CIA access to the DC machine greater than ever before. I was not and am not a fan of the Bush regime.  It may well be that current Admin has at least held the CIA at bay. But the intelligence machine has already been birthed, and that genie aint going back in the bottle anytime soon. The blatant lies told by Clapper are only a small indication of the power that the intelligence machine ALREADY wields.  Of course they lie... what is a senator gonna do about it? What is the president gonna do about it. Nothing.... they cant... INTELLIGENCE... they hold all the cards.  Cut our funding and see how quickly the bad guys find out (cause we will tell them) where to hit us. Heck... the WHOLE Snowden thing could be a made up deal.. The intelligence machine wants MORE money .. more power... whats spilling a silly secret to the power they can get with scaring congress?    Again.. I don't know how I got to be part of the 3000.. but this wasn't news to me. This was told when the NSA wanted to increase their surveillance to READING and storing all EMAILS. Phone logs... pffffftttt chump change.

Think it cant happen? The banks told congress to get out of wall street back in 2004. They needed more freedom to make money. When the head of SEC took it to congress she was railroaded out of DC... out of government. No she wasn't at ALL surprised by 2008. ..... oh and to date no one has had the balls to put the old restrictions back on the banks. ( but they have given them money) PS: this was all on a PBS special on TV!!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #17 - 07/05/13 at 11:21:18

srinath wrote on 07/05/13 at 11:01:45:
Pine wrote on 07/05/13 at 10:44:25:
oldNslow wrote on 07/05/13 at 07:07:24:
Quote:
Really we want to have it both ways.

Sri,
I don't know who the "we" you're refering to are, but I am most assuredly not one of them. I'm not at all interested in "having it both ways" I've said several times on here that I don't want the government to protect me; I want it to leave me alone.

This.. very much this.  Way too many bad things occur when government seeks to "protect" the citizens. Make no mistake, the government cares not one bit about the lives lost in 9/11. They do care about the black eye the government got.

What govt is this you're talking about ?

Seriously the whole bravado about "let me keep my guns and I'll protect myself" ... is all the 4 walls of your tiny room, compared to what is nationally @ risk.

Cool.
Srinath

Sri we are agreeing with you!

Can I protect myself?? NO!!!!!!! But I would rather die with all my freedoms intact,,, living my life unhindered... not wondering when I will made "disappeared" for some mis-dialed phone call. Than to life as "kept" and "protected".

Nothing ... nothing is more important than freedom. National Security .. either it serves ME and my freedom... or I am enslaved to it. Many country's enjoy a higher standard of living than the US... don't think I want to move Arabia any time soon. I could probably earn more money in CHINA than here... but money is not the point.  Hell, if I want to be "protected" I would move to North Korea.

Now to be sure, an intelligence machine is needed, and classified info that I don't need to know about and all. And sure, efforts and diligence is needed to protect the country at large. But the second that "national security" reduces the liberty and freedom of everyone, not based on crimes or even intent.. but simply based phishing... the line is crossed.  The USA system relies on the assumption of innocence. The phone logs assumes the guilt of everyone.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 07/05/13 at 11:47:25

I dunno, I dont think we're ever going to get "all our freedoms" ... there is too much population in many pockets of the country ... have you heard the saying "your RIGHT to flail your arms around ends where my nose begins" ...

Yea too many noses in too close proximity in many many cities.
People are the problem, you cant have your rights, cos other people have their rights and they get in your way.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #19 - 07/05/13 at 12:23:06

Snowden, I wish we had a 100 just like him. We cant keep the government in check. They do things behind our backs and we have no say so, patriot act, homeland security, Federal Reserve, drones overhead, national database, Monsanto poisoning, ruined our childrens education and I could go on. The government has gone wild worrying about us but they're not worried about our safety. They're worried about guys like me who have just about had enough of their sh!t. They'll pass a bill when they know 80 or 90% of the people are against it. They don't want us to have the ability to defend or attack, no 2nd amendment. They're doing illegal searches and getting away with it. Theres no one to police them. Anything they do is OK and the people have no say. I wish I could be Warren Buffet for one day and anyone that leaks damming information would be an instant millionaire. They're spending more on the rest of the globe when they could be putting our people to work on the infrastructure instead of handing them food stamps. Our people are sick of our foreign policy but once elected our politicians do nothing about it. Obama sux, he's done nothing but lie and try to cover his a$$ and do away with half the constitution.. He's done nothing he promised to do. His insurance plan sux and I know a couple good doctors who told me the day it goes into effect they're through. Congress screwed that up, I'll lay the blame where it lies. They're crying about welfare, SS. If I had the money I paid in I would be a millionaire, now they don't want to give some of it back. The middle class is a thing of the past that use to keep this country running, Nafta and a few more agreements has made the middle class a dinosaur. We haven't had a president we could trust since JFK. He was killed because he was gonna blow the whistle.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:47:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Chase Snowden DOWN!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.