Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why immigration reform will bury the republicans. (Read 57 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Why immigration reform will bury the republicans.
07/02/13 at 11:13:03

In 2012, Mitt Romney got creamed with both Asian and Hispanic voters. Exit polls found President Obama winning 71% of the Hispanic vote and 73% of the Asian vote.
These demographic groups are exploding—Hispanics and Asians made up 22% of the country's population as of 2011, up from 12% in 1990—so national Republican elites are desperate to find a way to appeal to them. The centerpiece of that effort is finding a way to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill.

Pulled from -
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-look-drastically-different-resembled-16...
Here is the trick question ...

Hispanics who vote are a minority of hispanics in the country.
Asians who vote are the overwhelming majority of asians in the country.

The desparation of republicans and it stinks to high heaven, we see as trying to leap frog asians who have never ever ever been illegal with Hispanics who are illegal 9 to 1.
There is a wave of ready made citizens coming from asia. India especially, people like me who came to the US, had babies, and when they had to choose to go illegal or leave, they left. They obviously took their kids to their country, where the kids developed the work ethic and knowledge tha tonly comes from your parents telling you "you will study physics and mathematics and chemistry, study 12 hours a day if need be and if you still fail, I will accept that" - these kids have a US citizenship cos they were born here to my colelagues in the 80's and 90's and hence they dont have to endure the 10 years of slavery like I had to. They also dont have any student debt cos schooling in India is pretty inexpensive and they have the work ethics of rust (never sleeps).

The express way to lose Asians by 99% and only make up 5-10% in hispanics, and likely lose that 5-10% in the white vote is to do a "immigration grant"

Now you can turn around and say ... but the democrats are going along.
See democrats are the party of the working man. They wont go along if republicans didn't start the slide. They already have 71% of hispanic vote, we know that, and we still voted 73% for democrats.
If republicans drop their push now ... it will stay @ 71 and 73.
Republicans keep pushing ... it will go to 65 say, and 99 and they will lose 5-10% of the white vote ...

So Mitt "I got 47% of the vote" Rmoney will slowly turn into Mitt "I am getting 42% of the vote, and I am glad I conned 42% into voting for me" RMoney ...

The house republicans are blocking this ... hopefully they succeed, then if they put Joe Arpaio on the ticket I may be motivated to vote for em.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Why immigration reform will bury the republica
Reply #1 - 07/02/13 at 11:59:52

Quote:

Well, something needs to bury them - might just as well be that. But the Democrats need to get tossed into the same hole before the dirt goes back on top. This nuts aint gonna get fixed by ANYONE who is in DC right now.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 07/02/13 at 12:01:52

"nuts" ??? Not what I typed.

How come I can't say Sh*t?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/02/13 at 12:06:37

oldNslow wrote on 07/02/13 at 11:59:52:
Quote:

Well, something needs to bury them - might just as well be that. But the Democrats need to get tossed into the same hole before the dirt goes back on top. This nuts aint gonna get fixed by ANYONE who is in DC right now.

The Immigration solution is a solution in search of a problem. No one needs to touch it. Illegals want to stay illegal, their anchor babies are not likely to be thrown out without the 17th amendment being tossed out. The border security is a red herring, and we need to enforce immigration laws electronically and we can choke it off by putting a tax on remittances ...

However Immigrants will always vote atleast 7-3 democratic, cos they are the working class.
You can bury the democrats all you want ... immigrants will be democratic by 2-1. Atleast. Any underhanded attempt such as this to change that will result in 3-1 or 4-1 or 99-1 democratic.

One more of those "we need to hold both feet to a fire ideals" when it looks like republicans are going to be blamed huh. OK.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 07/02/13 at 13:08:07

Sri... for the most part I have given up trying to follow your posts. Its not worth my time or effort. The "if your gonna blame both, then I will say crazy stuff" got real old real fast... Now when no-one blames both.. you still have to drag that dead camel in...

Now all that said... I do agree .. Immigration reform is complete bogus. Its a waste of time and money.. but DC don't care cause they can always print more money and its a great time waster versus people noticing things like war or raising taxes or making every citizen a criminal.  

The repugs cant have real immigration reform.. because it breaks the current model... that is that business wants cheap labor. If you make current illegals legal... then they will bring in MORE illegals.. to be the NEW cheap labor.  
Demi know they got the illegal vote regardless, and are just using this to appeal to "we are guilty cause we have money" white crowd.

As far as I am concerned the immigration reform... is a crap law for the normal hard working everyman. Its a win for both parties.. or at least they want it to be. And its a win for business.. that own both parties.

My co-workers ( one from China and one from india) are ready for the law to be passed.. they want it. As soon as it is they will "go illegal" and then use the new softer laws to become legal versus the old way which is only hard on those entering legally. ( of course of them are programmers.. so they don't really have any issues)

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 07/02/13 at 14:00:24

Pine wrote on 07/02/13 at 13:08:07:

Demi know they got the illegal vote regardless, and are just using this to appeal to "we are guilty cause we have money" white crowd.

Illegals cant vote. No law is going to change that ... even legals cant vote. Only citizens can. I didn't have a right to vote till 2010, I have been legal since 92.

As far as I am concerned the immigration reform... is a crap law for the normal hard working everyman. Its a win for both parties.. or at least they want it to be. And its a win for business.. that own both parties.

Pine wrote on 07/02/13 at 13:08:07:
My co-workers ( one from China and one from india) are ready for the law to be passed.. they want it. As soon as it is they will "go illegal" and then use the new softer laws to become legal versus the old way which is only hard on those entering legally. ( of course of them are programmers.. so they don't really have any issues)

I have no idea what this become illegal and become legal again BS is, I am going to guess you dont understand what they said, or they dont understand what is being done. Its not going to be faster to go illegal and get back to legal ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/02/13 at 15:33:28

if romney had every hispanic vote, he still lost.. theyre blowin smoke on all this.

heres what is coming, print this out, pin it on the wall.

they do the bill. amnesty, but not citizenship. every employer of American citizens with more than 50 employees will be required to provide "quality medical coverage". So,, americans get laid off, newly legalized illegals get their jobs, becausew they arent yet eligible for federal benefits, as per the bill.

you guys got no idea the economic devastation headed for the blue collar americans.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 07/03/13 at 07:36:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/13 at 15:33:28:
if romney had every hispanic vote, he still lost.. theyre blowin smoke on all this.

they do the bill. amnesty, but not citizenship. every employer of American citizens with more than 50 employees will be required to provide "quality medical coverage". So,, americans get laid off, newly legalized illegals get their jobs, becausew they arent yet eligible for federal benefits, as per the bill.

you guys got no idea the economic devastation headed for the blue collar americans.

True, and its already happening ...
Illegal immigration has really been devastating for the blue collar worker.
Legal immigration has been semi devastating for the white collar worker. The flip side of that is that IT is easily outsourced, and legal immigration has stemmed that. Maybe its not been as bad for the white collar IT worker.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 07/03/13 at 08:27:05

srinath wrote on 07/03/13 at 07:36:08:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/13 at 15:33:28:

True, and its already happening ...
Illegal immigration has really been devastating for the blue collar worker.
Legal immigration has been semi devastating for the white collar worker. The flip side of that is that IT is easily outsourced, and legal immigration has stemmed that. Maybe its not been as bad for the white collar IT worker.

Cool.
Srinath.

/agreed

As to my co-workers.. that was just their talk at the Indian Restaurant we like to eat at. Whether they understand or not... dunno.. They do have a bigger interest than I, so I have to assume they paying more attention to it. ... speaking of which .. we need to head back there

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 07/03/13 at 14:22:33

Pine wrote on 07/03/13 at 08:27:05:
As to my co-workers.. that was just their talk at the Indian Restaurant we like to eat at. Whether they understand or not... dunno.. They do have a bigger interest than I, so I have to assume they paying more attention to it. ... speaking of which .. we need to head back there

Back in the day ... 15 years ago the penalty for being illegal For 1 month is essentially no penalty.
For up to 6 months, it was to be out of the country for a year - My lawyer wanted me to use this before my year in canada cos I had to be out for a year anyway. I didn't cos it also puts your employer @ risk, I didn't want that. I quit my job 3 days before the visa clock ran out, and in under a week I was driving to canada.
Illegal for 6 months - 1 yr and penalty is 3 years out.
Illegal for 1-3 years was 10 years out.

I dont think that has changed, especially for a lower count now.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
keith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/05/13 at 18:08:31

The biggest problem with the bill they want to pass is it will just encourage more people to come illegally.  We did amnesty in the 80's with a promise to reform the system and put tighter controls on immigration.  Obviously that never happened.  Like most people I am 100% for legal immigration, but if you are here illegally you have broken the law.  You should not be given better treatment for it.  Fine the business that hire and eliminate the jobs that way.  Do not gvie federal benefits to people that do not come here legally.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 07/05/13 at 18:59:40

And tax remittances.
Fix the budget crisis in a matter of days.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 07/05/13 at 20:32:59

keith wrote on 07/05/13 at 18:08:31:
The biggest problem with the bill they want to pass is it will just encourage more people to come illegally.  We did amnesty in the 80's with a promise to reform the system and put tighter controls on immigration.  Obviously that never happened.  Like most people I am 100% for legal immigration, but if you are here illegally you have broken the law.  You should not be given better treatment for it.  Fine the business that hire and eliminate the jobs that way.  Do not gvie federal benefits to people that do not come here legally.

man,, you really need to go up & read my posts.

Do not gvie federal benefits to people that do not come here legally.

Theyre not gonna GET that,, theyre gonna get AMNESTY, not Citizenship.
\
SOOOO,,
An employer with 50 or more employees will have to provide

"Quality health insurance" for employees,

THAT will not apply to the Amnestied Illegals

SOOOO

Americans get laid off

Add it up, man,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:11:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why immigration reform will bury the republicans.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.