Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial? (Read 1109 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial?
Reply #105 - 07/12/13 at 23:36:57

Midnightrider wrote on 07/12/13 at 23:29:42:
No responsible gun owner would try to defend Zimmerman. He made all gun owners look bad. He made a racist comment to the police. Those blanket blank blanks always get away. Everyone can figure out how to fill in the blanks. Neighborhood Watch groups are taught never to engage!!!!  That's about all I know about what went on but not following police orders got him in a lot of trouble. Someone made a comment a few pages back that dispatch are not police and you don't have to follow their orders. You have to go to a class to become a certified neighborhood watch person. The first thing they tell you is do not engage, call the police and let them handle it. George decided he wasn't going to let the blankety blank blank get away. It wasn't his job,it was the polices. He had been told that at least twice.

+1...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #106 - 07/13/13 at 04:05:38

Many Zimmerman supporters are trying to make this a race issue...
It is not..
It is a gun rights issue...

If that's the case Sew, then why are you always talking about walking while black and your other references to Martin's race?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #107 - 07/13/13 at 05:14:40

the media made it a race issue. ive been arguing on points, not race,
this is a lynching now, due to pressure to convict from outside the courthouse

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #108 - 07/13/13 at 05:15:09

Quote:
It is not..

No, it's not. The real legal issue has nothing to do with either gun rights OR race.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #109 - 07/13/13 at 05:26:37

i think you otta just go ahead & say what it is, then, cuz, im stuck

unless its self defense?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #110 - 07/13/13 at 07:00:36

I just don't get this, there are a whole bunch of protesters outside the court house in Sanford. What are they protesting??? the jury is still out and can't see the signs or hear the protesters. WTF are they doing except acting like a bunch of uneducated trouble makers. Oh wait a minute, that's a racist comment isn't it. How can the truth be consitered racist when it is the truth??
 It was self defense, nothing else except one person defending himself from bodily injury when his head was being slammed against a concrete sidewalk by an attacker.  

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #111 - 07/13/13 at 07:04:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/13/13 at 05:26:37:
i think you otta just go ahead & say what it is, then, cuz, im stuck

unless its self defense?

That's exactly what it is . Was Zimmerman in danger of death or serious bodily harm and was his response justified? Yes or no?

Look - a guy is dead, another guy is likely to spend the better part of the rest of his life in jail,and the legal system, the same system that is supposed to protect you, me, or anyone else, if we are accused of something we are innocent of, and punish us if we are guilty, has been made a mockery of.

Most of the media, almost all of the so-called "experts" and unfortunately a lot of the posters here, have decided that this case is not about the right to self-defense, which it is,  but that it's just another stone to use on whatever particular axe they have to grind.

No matter how the jury decides; the television, radio, and internet circle jerk surrounding this case is going to go on forever - they are still talking about OJ Simpson fer cryin' out loud - and when the next case comes along, that can be perverted into something that it is not, just for the sake of inflaming entrenched prejudices and political agendas, the same crap will start all over again and we will all be the worse for it.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #112 - 07/13/13 at 08:58:40

I've seen people who navigate through life perplexed and wanting....they seem to never find any lasting peace or serenity. Reading this thread reminds me further of those who I have come to observe......do they drink the poison hoping the other person will die? I wish I could say or do something that would open their eyes and ears......I can't. Its up to each of us to choose.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #113 - 07/13/13 at 09:35:53

i know you wont like this, but, factodamattah izzzz,, i can piss you off & you can start whoopin my tushy & if i decide i cant reasonably defend myself from your right & righteous ass whoopin, i can defend myself with a gun IF,, IF,, IF,, IF,, IF,, i am afraid you are gonna knock my dumb ass out & keep pounding,,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #114 - 07/13/13 at 10:58:07

oldNslow wrote on 07/13/13 at 05:15:09:
Quote:
It is not..

No, it's not. The real legal issue has nothing to do with either gun rights OR race.  

This past year or so,.. has seen a rash of mass shootings by crazies, and a lot of discussion about gun laws... Much more than usual...
Dem's have been pushing for better background checks, especially at gun shows...
Rep's at the state level have come up with the "Stand your ground" laws, and enacted the all over the place...
Meanwhile all the attention has made for booming gun sales,  and ammo shortages....

This incident made national news amidst this frenzy,.. and  the issue was does "Stand your ground" hold up as a defense, if you are in pursuit at the time, rather than retreat, or standing your ground...

Gun rights people are trying to paint the picture, beginning at Travon's first physical contact,... and saying Zimm acted in self defense...
Myself, and others, see the event as beginning when Zimm spots Travon,... from there, Zimm was the aggressor...
-he got out of his truck in the rain (this would look suspicious and aggressive to Travon)...(a guy is coming at him from a vehicle pulled over in the street, not parked at a house, and in the rain)...
- Zimm ignored the 911 advice...
- Zimm hung up with 911...
Then info is vague... but the two became close enough for physical contact...
Witnesses only saw what they saw after they heard screaming or gun shots... before that, there is only Zimms word...
SO, the national question is... can you have a "Stand your ground" defense, if you were not standing, but actively seeking the confrontation?...
The fact that Zimm was loosing the confrontation is secondary...
Zimms behavior, from a reasonable point of view, was more suspicious and aggressive that Travon's... he left his car, in low light of dusk, to pursue someone, in the rain... if I were Travon, I'd have been scared and on defense, just like him,... and just like his girlfriend said he told her...
Travon was standing his ground...
Zimm was rushing toward him... (and he was rushing... you can hear him panting on the 911 tape,.. the 911 person commented on it...
Why, at this point, did Zimm hang up?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #115 - 07/13/13 at 11:51:29

+1000 If Zimmerman walks we have the blueprint for legalized murder.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #116 - 07/13/13 at 12:06:00

It already is - that stand your ground crap -

Florida's "stand your ground'' law has allowed drug dealers to avoid murder charges and gang members to walk free. It has stymied prosecutors and confused judges. • It has also served its intended purpose, exonerating dozens of people who were deemed to be legitimately acting in self-defense. Among them: a woman who was choked and beaten by an irate tenant and a man who was threatened in his driveway by a felon.

Seven years since it was passed, Florida's "stand your ground" law is being invoked with unexpected frequency, in ways no one imagined, to free killers and violent attackers whose self-defense claims seem questionable at best.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/florida-stand-your-ground-law...

Oooo dont forget this beauty -

COLUMBIA, S.C. -

The George Zimmerman case brought the "Stand Your Ground" defense to the forefront.

It gives you the right to use deadly force to protect your home, your car, yourself and others on your property.

But now, one murder case is on hold while the South Carolina Supreme Court makes big decisions about the law.

In a Columbia murder case, a man accused of breaking into a home and killing the man who lived there is trying to use the "Stand Your Ground" defense.

The attorney for Gregg Isaac says Isaac was defending himself because the man whose home he broke into was about to pull a gun.

The judge would not hold a hearing on the use of that defense, so the state Supreme Court will hear arguments on when during a trial a judge has to hold a hearing on the use of the "Stand Your Ground" defense.

http://www.wsav.com/story/22829330/photo-cutline-gregg-isaac-is-charged-with-...

Yup, you need to stand your ground in every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse regardless of whether you are breaking in or not.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #117 - 07/13/13 at 12:29:59

I just don't want every neighborhood patrolled by swaggering gun thugs with god complexes, which is exactly what we'll get if that plug-ugly walks. It will be open season on anybody the gunners don't like.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #118 - 07/13/13 at 12:55:26

- Zimm ignored the 911 advice..

Facts matter and this is not true. It is a lie that has been retold so many times, it's taken as truth. He was on the phone when he was told we don't need you to do that. Go back and read or listen to the transcripts and tell me how you can allude (and that's what you're doing) that he ignored the advice?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #119 - 07/13/13 at 12:58:40

+1000 If Zimmerman walks we have the blueprint for legalized murder.

That's the kind of stupid comment that will incite riots. You, like the two Rev's should think before you talk.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 20:46:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.