Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial? (Read 1109 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial?
Reply #90 - 07/12/13 at 15:15:02

[quote author=5F495E435B4E43582C0 link=1372451081/75#89 date=1373661998]Dane Allen wrote on 07/12/13 at 13:23:01:
Serowbot wrote on 07/11/13 at 18:16:13:
That said, I think we can agree that Zimmerman did everything right at least up until the point Martin attacked him. No, we can't... not even remotely...There were many recent burglaries in the community, Zimmerman observed a guy he didn't recognize from the community climbing fences/crawling through bushes.Zimmerman observed what?... The boy was walking home from the store with an iced tea and Skittles,.. not"climbing fences and crawling through bushes"... Where do you get this BS? He called the police and kept an eye on the suspect. The 911 dispatcher asked questions and provided some simple instructions.

Martin came after Zimmerman Says Zimmerman?,...- Zimmerman, who is supposedly martial arts trained, folded like a cheap deck of cards. Martin, known as an accomplished street fighter, narcotics abuser and gun trafficker, pounded Zimmerman with impunity. Hardly unarmed, Martin had aggression, rage and a sidewalk at his disposal in addition to his youth, fighting skills and fists.

Zimmerman was a guy helping his community which was suffering a crime spree by taking his turn keeping watch and calling the authorities when he witnessed something suspicious. He did it right.

If Zimmerman was not armed then it would be Zimmerman who would be dead. It's odd that in todays world it is ok for a 17 year old, for the sake of being a minor, to visciously assault a resident for whatever reason he had. Why didn't he just ignore Zimmerman and continue home, Zimmerman didn't approach, talk to or engage Martin? Why attack a guy while he is on the phone to 911?

Martin was the aggressor and it is sad that his life ended the way it did but we as a society can't jail Zimmerman because we feel bad for the family. Zimmerman rightfully protected himself and for the state to try to railroad him while whipping up racial tensions is inexcusable.
Absolutely nothing you say here is accurate...
I think we can agree on nothing...
Your story is a complete fantasy...

The text messages and pics on Martin's phone that were withheld by the prosecution until the last minute detailed drug use, attempts to find .38 pistols, attempts to sell a .22 pistol and details of street fights and requests from a half-brother to teach him to street fight too.

This is a very emotional situation but you can't convict a guy based on feeling bad for the family. Yes it sucks. The kid had very poor judgement and, based on some of the activities the kid was involved in, poor parenting and supervision. It sucks, it really does.

The witnesses corroborate much of Zimmerman's testamony and very little of the prosecution's case. Zimmerman would have called the cops on anyone he didn't recognize that night, he's done it in the past. If you have proof that Zimmerman is racist then show it. I've avoided this topic because it is soo emotionally charged, including the state's effort to get Zimmerman at all costs.

What it comes down to is reasonable doubt and Zimmerman's story held up to scrutiny. Now we will see if the jury can withstand the pressure and do the right thing.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #91 - 07/12/13 at 15:18:01

Quote:
The boy was walking home from the store with an iced tea and Skittles,.. not"climbing fences and crawling through bushes"... Where do you get this BS?

A report I read stated that Martin didn't walk around to one of the entrances to the community, rather he jumped a fence or shrubbery or somethign to take a short cut home through the small community. I  will see if I can find that.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #92 - 07/12/13 at 15:30:05

racist! zimmerman HATES blacks!

ooops,, uhhh,, weelll,, maaayybe not..

In late 2010 and early 2011 George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller.

In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white.

TheDC has confirmed the identity of the Zimmerman family member who wrote the letter but is withholding that person’s specific identity out of concern for the family’s safety.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/04/zimmerman-demanded-discipline-in-2010-race-...

of course, if its not on every station, it couldnt be true

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #93 - 07/12/13 at 15:56:55

Dane Allen wrote:

Quote:
What it comes down to is reasonable doubt and Zimmerman's story held up to scrutiny. Now we will see if the jury can withstand the pressure and do the right thing.

Not likely. This judge has done everything she could to guarantee a conviction.She allowed the jury to consider manslaughter on the next to last day of the trial, even though the trial started with ONE charge -murder 2nd. And the jury is not aware that the possible sentence in Fla for manslaughter is 30yrs. Which is the same as the minimum possible sentence for murder 2nd. Imagine their suprise when the women on the jury decide that the prosecution didn't prove murder, but that since they feel sorry for Travon's family, they'll throw them a bone and convict on manslaughter; and then they find out that they've sent Zimmerman to jail for 30 years anyway, on a LESSER charge.

Regardless of what any ones opinion is regarding Zimmerman's innocence or guilt, this trial has been a travesty.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #94 - 07/12/13 at 16:26:09

Regardless of what any ones opinion is regarding Zimmerman's innocence or guilt, this trial has been a travesty.

+1, & i believe its more likely to go on downhill from here.
new black panthers are spreading hate
& making threats. larry pinkney, founding member from the 60's, says its
an
"owned & operated" cia funded operation.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #95 - 07/12/13 at 16:36:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/12/13 at 15:30:05:
racist! zimmerman HATES blacks!

ooops,, uhhh,, weelll,, maaayybe not..

In late 2010 and early 2011 George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller.

In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white.

TheDC has confirmed the identity of the Zimmerman family member who wrote the letter but is withholding that person’s specific identity out of concern for the family’s safety.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/04/zimmerman-demanded-discipline-in-2010-race-...

of course, if its not on every station, it couldnt be true

From the same source...
Report: Matt Damon likes to mud wrestle midget prostitutes when he’s bored

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/12/report-matt-damon-likes-to-mud-wrestle-midg...

Are you buying that one too?... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #96 - 07/12/13 at 16:57:34

lovely game, innit?
you go hunting, it was made public shortly after his arrest

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #97 - 07/12/13 at 18:00:28

Dane Allen wrote on 07/12/13 at 15:18:01:
Quote:
The boy was walking home from the store with an iced tea and Skittles,.. not"climbing fences and crawling through bushes"... Where do you get this BS?

A report I read stated that Martin didn't walk around to one of the entrances to the community, rather he jumped a fence or shrubbery or somethign to take a short cut home through the small community. I  will see if I can find that.

Ok, the community Martin encountered Zimmerman in is a gated community surrounded by fence so Martin went over this fence, through some neighbors yards and over their fences. I guess that is what triggered this whole thing.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #98 - 07/12/13 at 19:19:22

No, i believe he was staying with relatives while he was suspended from school.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #99 - 07/12/13 at 19:20:55

Serowbot wrote on 07/12/13 at 16:36:50:
From the same source...
Report: Matt Damon likes to mud wrestle midget prostitutes when he’s bored

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/12/report-matt-damon-likes-to-mud-wrestle-midg...

Are you buying that one too?... Grin...

Ooooh no, Dane's now going to accuse you of shooting the messenger and then declare victory.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #100 - 07/12/13 at 19:53:39

Sarah Silverman is not a midget... Huh...

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #101 - 07/12/13 at 20:18:25

"Florida: Supporters of Trayvon Martin are using social-media sites to organize nationwide riots and issue threats of murder if George Zimmerman is found not guilty. [Despite laws against inciting riots, federal and state law enforcement are ignoring these serious threats. If war protestors or critics of the Federal Reserve  made similar threats, they would be in prison before dawn.] InfoWars 2013 Jul 8 (Cached)"
If you don't have a carry permit it might be a good time to start thinking about getting one. No white people were involved but that's who they're threatening to shoot. Jesse and Al will be edging them on. Its OK for them to be pregidous.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #102 - 07/12/13 at 21:31:52

prejudiced

root
pre judge

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #103 - 07/12/13 at 23:00:29

Many Zimmerman supporters are trying to make this a race issue...
It is not..
It is a gun rights issue...
Specifically, it is a "Stand your ground" issue...
This law, is new... and it is controversial...
There has been a rash of state laws enacted, allowing a "Stand your ground" defense...
... and this is the reason that this crime attracted media attention...

This is not a matter of opinion,... it is a matter of short term memory...
We are talking about the rationality of the "Stand your ground" laws...

Misdirection,.. is not a method of argument... it is a method of obfuscation...
If you can't argue your point... you have already lost the argument...

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #104 - 07/12/13 at 23:29:42

No responsible gun owner would try to defend Zimmerman. He made all gun owners look bad. He made a racist comment to the police. Those blanket blank blanks always get away. Everyone can figure out how to fill in the blanks. Neighborhood Watch groups are taught never to engage!!!!  That's about all I know about what went on but not following police orders got him in a lot of trouble. Someone made a comment a few pages back that dispatch are not police and you don't have to follow their orders. You have to go to a class to become a certified neighborhood watch person. The first thing they tell you is do not engage, call the police and let them handle it. George decided he wasn't going to let the blankety blank blank get away. It wasn't his job,it was the polices. He had been told that at least twice. I'm not defending Zimmerman but race did play a part. I believe if Trayvon was white  he would still be alive. Stand your ground law can be a good law if its not abused. All morality is gone. This new generation,most of them come from single parent homes and have no conscious and take no responsibilty for what they do. A lot of them are raised on Ridlin and cant distinguish the real world from their violent video games. Thirty years ago I stayed downtown at night, a lot of live music and most of the time I was playing in a band. I wouldn't go there at night now unless I was heavily armed. I'd make the perfect target, a disabled old man who can barely walk, sometimes I have to use a cane. That's why I carry everywhere I go and the Stand Your Ground law would benefit me if I were threatened. I would never start a fight but I should have the right to defend myself. Like they say I'm to old to fight and to slow to run.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:23:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Have you been watching the Zimmerman trial?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.