Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike just popped thru exhaust and shut down. (Read 52 times)
newsavageguy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike just popped thru exhaust and shut down.
06/18/13 at 15:29:30

So today on the way home from work in 5th gear around 65mph the trusty ole Savage popped once from the exhaust then just shut itself down. I pulled off to a frontage road still rolling fired it up by twisting the throttle a tish and away I went like it never missed a beat? I am not sure what would have happened ran fine back up to speed 65mph the next mile into town? Anyone else ever experienced this. Ample gas in the tank no low fuel light on?

IP Logged
newsavageguy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike just popped thru exhaust and shut down.
Reply #1 - 06/18/13 at 15:44:53

After thinking on this some, I wonder if it wasn't that lovely stock petcock as it gave me issues early on?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Bike just popped thru exhaust and shut down.
Reply #2 - 06/18/13 at 15:57:18

Probably. Or you got some bad fuel and the carb had to try and pass a piece of grit, temporarily plugging a jet. Drain the float bowl into a clean jar and look for sand, rubber chips, water or similar signals of bad fuel.

But odds are your petcock hiccupped. Mine never failed, but it would occasionally have a hitch in its operation. Solved post crash via "new" (junkyard scrounged, no idea what off of) tank and manual petcock.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:32:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike just popped thru exhaust and shut down.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.