Send Topic Print
Gun Control Is Great! (Read 695 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #15 - 06/18/13 at 13:27:35

You do know that if you are not a criminal you wont be prevented from buying a gun under any "gun control" system right ?
Its your right granted via 2nd amendment.

How do they verify you are not a criminal ?

More importantly, when states will hand over guns no questions asked to any one without looking at who they are, it really dilutes your right as a "non criminal" ...

I have a gun ... I am a non criminal. I hold an advantage over the common criminal by virtue of the gun - the criminal who has better skills @ doing harm than I do - hey he's a criminal - and the state of SC just negated that advantage I held.

Criminals have no right - or atleast they have very few rights. That is as it should be. They should not have the right to congregate and assemble, they should not have the right to freedom of roaming around free (which is why we put them in jail), right to do many things ...

By handing them guns without checking you have handed them the power to kill their enemies, witnesses and other who stand in their way. And diluted the rights of the law abiding.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 06/18/13 at 13:33:50

87% of gun shootings are done by minorities. Please don't label me as a racist, that's just the way things are. You take out our minority shootings and we have less than most European countries.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 06/18/13 at 13:47:50

Midnightrider wrote on 06/18/13 at 13:33:50:
87% of gun shootings are done by minorities. Please don't label me as a racist, that's just the way things are. You take out our minority shootings and we have less than most European countries.

I'm sure 90% of gun shootings are done by guns brought from other states.
Prevent that and you have a 90% reduction ...
I dont care about the 2 lowlives who killed each other.
I only care about the 8 bystanders on each side.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/18/13 at 13:55:39

YOu dont have one iota of evidence to back that up. What you DO know is, they werent bought in Chicago,.,

We cant even stop things as big as human beings from crossing our border. How you gonna stop somethin as small as a GUN from crossing a state line?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 06/18/13 at 14:04:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/13 at 13:55:39:

YOu dont have one iota of evidence to back that up. What you DO know is, they werent bought in Chicago,.,

We cant even stop things as big as human beings from crossing our border. How you gonna stop somethin as small as a GUN from crossing a state line?

Where the guns came from is totally irrelevant. Had these regulations not been in place there would be a lot less death.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #20 - 06/18/13 at 14:07:53

srinath wrote:

Quote:
You do know that if you are not a criminal you wont be prevented from buying a gun under any "gun control" system right ?

Not exactly true. Under the "gun control" system here in NY I am prevented from buying a lot of guns. Even after undergoing a background check to prove I'm not a criminal- and in the case of handguns only after obtaining a a very expensive and somewhat difficult to obtain premit granted by the state - am I allowed to buy SOME guns. Only the ones that NYS has decided are OK. If I want a gun that NYS doesn't approve of I'm out of luck.  Same thing is true in several other states. It's not a huge leap to get from being allowed to only buy SOME guns to being allowed to buy NO guns.

There are a lot of people in our government who think the 2nd amendment is just an obstacle to implementing their agenda. They will try to circumvent it any way they can.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 06/18/13 at 14:13:51

Gun registration means diddly, if that. One of our farm guns is legal so long as it has an A.O.W. license on the premise. And the way it was registered allows anybody on the farm to use it as they see fit AND they are related to the license holder. Will cost me all of $5 to transfer the license when my father in law dies... But, he's switching it to a "corporation" held A.O.W., so anybody in the "corporation" can use it anywhere, any time, 100% legally.

So, in essence, I've got a perfectly legal shotgun with pistol grip and 14" barrel...

It violates federal gun laws of 1968, but, as long as that piece of paper is in the safe...

Even in a same day handgun purchase state like TN, there are background checks. The only exceptions for new purchase background checks is... black powder operated. Unless the law has been recently changed, the gun store isn't even allowed to ask you for identification. I've got a .54 Great Plains that is every bit as accurate and deadly as a scoped .30/06...

Universal registration is a pipe dream. Too many people across the land know how to operate a forge and a powder mill. And if they are crafting smoothbores, any rock that will fit down the barrel is a legitimate projectile. Where there is a will, there is a way... That reminds me, I need to order some more smithing coke, I'm running low...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #22 - 06/18/13 at 14:33:33

WD wrote:

Quote:
So, in essence, I've got a perfectly legal shotgun with pistol grip and 14" barrel...

It violates federal gun laws of 1968, but, as long as that piece of paper is in the safe...

Right. But what's happening in New York and some other places is much more insidious than just requiring a tax stamp  for something that would otherwise be prohibited. They are controling what specific firearms can be legally sold in the state; period. Just keep putting guns on that list year after year and pretty soon - BINGO - can't sell anything. Legal dealers,who are already regulated to death, will dissapear. For all practical purposes then you have almost total gun prohibition. The 2nd amendment or even any federal law notwithstanding.

If the feds decide to try something like this, and are ever even partly succesful, we are going to be in trouble.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 06/18/13 at 16:58:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/13 at 13:55:39:

Good point JOG, and one I have been making all along. We cant make anything work @ state level. I was using SC and TX just as an example. And as an aside to your point - They were not bought in chicago after 1994.

That's why we need to impose continent level - US, canada and mexico to go along with the gun control laws. You hand more guns to people when there is a drive by, all that will happen is a multi fold increase in deaths almost entirely all unrelated bystanders.
In drive by's, no one can defend themselves. Say they see the car that is a threat ... they all start shooting ... so do the car (afterall why should they stop, they are driving through ...) instead of 5 dead from 1 gang and say 5 by standers, you'd have 5 from 1 gang, maybe a few from the other (the one with the car) and maybe 20 bystanders (cos people shooting @ a car will be spraying far worse than those from the car ... killing people on the opposite side of the street.

An any case - you have made the exact point I was trying to make.
Chicago crimes committed by people who bought guns else where and there are no gun laws in that elsewhere ... You cant have that.

You cant buy a gun easier in 1 location than in another. Then criminals will always get the easier to get guns, and the law abiding will be sitting ducks.
If in 1 location a criminal doesn't have a particular right ... he should not have that right in any other location in the country ...

In NY I am a serial rapist ... but in SC I am free to hang around schools and see if I can offer a drink to a few young-un's ... how does that make sense.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 06/18/13 at 17:03:56

Dane Allen wrote on 06/18/13 at 14:04:01:
Where the guns came from is totally irrelevant. Had these regulations not been in place there would be a lot less death.

How ? this was a driveby wasn't it.
So both sides weren't armed in the driveby ? So a gang was shooting @ a gang of pacifists ?
And if both sides were armed, ready and actively shooting @ each other ... instead of just 1 - there will be fewer deaths ?
Is that in all cases of drive by's or just this 1.

OK I should say that if there was a driveby and the side not in the car returned fire effectively ... they may not have returned the favor of the driveby on the other gang's turf ... or maybe they would have ...  Shocked

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 06/18/13 at 17:14:31

And here is the beauty part -

This is a below average weekend for chicago - 7 dead 26 shootings - below average -

Here is some unbiased media on that number -

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/17/us/illinois-chicago-weekend-violence/index.html

It was a bloody Father's Day weekend in Chicago, but police said murder and shooting rates are significantly below those at the same time last year.

Seven people were shot to death and there were 26 "shooting incidents" from Friday to Sunday, according to Chicago Police Department spokesman Adam Collins.

But to put it into perspective, Collins said, eight more people were shot on the same weekend last year. He said overall crime in Chicago is down 14%, the lowest since 1963.

No wonder its only the gun nuts croweing about this ... and the unbiased media is like meeeh ... doesn't this happen every week ...

Anyway - you need to look @ the source, any one with a tilt can tilt it their way using un referenced sensationalism and numbers without a baseline ...

Much like this: I ate so much yesterday @ cici's pizza I now weigh a really crazy 235 lb.

Midnight - can you educate the people and give them a baseline ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #26 - 06/18/13 at 17:52:17

srinath wrote on 06/18/13 at 17:03:56:

So both sides weren't armed in the driveby ? So a gang was shooting @ a gang of pacifists ?
And if both sides were armed, ready and actively shooting @ each other ... instead of just 1 - there will be fewer deaths ?

OK I should say that if there was a driveby and the side not in the car returned fire effectively ... they may not have returned the favor of the driveby on the other gang's turf ... or maybe they would have ...  Shocked

Cool.
Srinath.

I mean whether the guns were obtained locally or out of the area made no difference. And in regard to the total number of deaths, there would be less without all these gun restrictions. As we all can see, criminals won't follow the laws but the citizens will and will become easy targets.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 06/18/13 at 18:07:03

Dane Allen wrote on 06/18/13 at 17:52:17:
srinath wrote on 06/18/13 at 17:03:56:

Cool.
Srinath.

I mean whether the guns were obtained locally or out of the area made no difference. And in regard to the total number of deaths, there would be less without all these gun restrictions. As we all can see, criminals won't follow the laws but the citizens will and will become easy targets.

That's precisely 1 of the points I am making ... even though you're coolly stating something I'd consider far from a given - namely -
And in regard to the total number of deaths, there would be less without all these gun restrictions.
How do you know that ? I think I made the case where there will be a lot more.

Anyway to the other point  - Now law abiding citizens dont go fishing for easy states to buy guns in.
Criminals do.
This has put the balance of power in favor of the criminal.
Now having no gun laws will still put the balance of power with the criminal - cos  - well he's better trained to be a criminal.
To get that balance out of the criminals side - we need to have tight gun laws nation wide - and in fact we need to have it continent wide.
That way the criminal will progressively not get easy guns ... they will all be tightly documented ... rifling and serial number to the owner etc.

So a criminal will not have a incentive to get a gun ... its like every gun is known to the cops and has a body on it and is pointing right back to him ... and non criminals will still have the same laws as they do now in chicago etc and hence stay armed @ the same rate and use it as they do now.

Easy guns for all without restrictions and questions really puts criminals in charge ... they are criminals, experienced and battle hardened so to speak. Its like civilian vs a soldier ...

Guns being obtained locally or in a low restriction area makes all the difference - that is how criminals get guns. Fish for a co conspirator criminal who would drive the 1000 miles to a low restriction state and buy em and turn em over to him. That is the whole point.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #28 - 06/19/13 at 06:57:01

First things first, thank you for not hacking away at me simply because I participated in this thread.

At first glance, by reading my post it may seem I am advocating mafia. I am not.
The message I tries to get across is that Mafia wants the city to be shipshape, clean as a fiddle, so that "business" can go on as usual.

Create fracas, and the Police will go ape. Whereas "kill a cop" may be a "rite of passage", it is just as true nobody wants an extra 1000 troopers shipped in because DoJ is foaming at the mouth.

As for the issue about the Chinese, no, it was not a chinese gang raping a girl, it was a young (late teens) mother clutching her baby who was taken, kidnapped and gandraped to death. Literally.

The Police went on the hunt, but the chinese community was mounrning and very tight-lipped, and by the few and broken witness reports obtained, the perpetrators were "possibly fomr the Middle East". Who knows, maybe they were.

What is certain, two young NorthAfricans (from Morocco) were found... one hung to a tree with his hand tied behind his back - clearly a suicide...
...the other beaten to hamburger standards...

(Yes, there was a case of 5 chinese gang-raping an Italian girl, one of these was the son of a High ranking diplomat. He was arrested all the same, there are ways you can waive diplomatic immunity and throw the guy in jail if you really want to.)

Anyway, back to the "Mafia" discussion, what I meant is that the Mafia will ensure that there are no "mad dogs", no "independent" petty criminals running about, because it raises public outcry for more law and order.

So, how does all this apply to "restoring Law and Order" ?

Make it extremely NOT worth it to break the rules.
Shoot first - a very unpopular move, but sometimes it will save lives.
When in Court, apply max. sentence, let them rot in jail waiting for the appeals Copurt to summon you.
Paradrop illegal criminals back where they came from; no need to fly, land and fly back, just open the hatch and geronimo! they're going, going, going... gone.
Soylent Green... inmates should be well fed... Embarrassed Shocked Huh
 Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 06/19/13 at 09:12:20

You dont happen to have read Homer's Iliad - the book from which Troy the movie was a part of have you ?

Not all issues have a begining and end ... some of these rapes and counter rapes and drive by's and counter driveby's and what not, are iterations upon iterations upon iterations passed on from mouth to ear from people alive and dead to the next generation ...

"Its always something isn't it" To quote Brad Pitt in Troy.

It is in fact a lot easier to settle with 1 st gen immigrants on both sides.
Wait till they spend 20 generations.

All this complaining and hand wringing about blacks committing crime - gee the whites should have thought about that before loading up ship fuls of them and dragging them across the ocean.

The one exception to this I'd say is - The mexicans who "came here looking for a better life". Those fools should be rounded up and air dropped into whatever hole they crawled out of anchor babies and all ...

If we did that, the blacks can go back to their traditional line of work without the illegal competetion and they will be busy making a living to try to make a life by killing.

We have millions of unemployed ... there are no jobs americans wont do. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:31:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.