Send Topic Print
Gun Control Is Great! (Read 695 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #90 - 07/06/13 at 15:49:45

A corollary to this thought,.. the crime rate is always lower in areas where law-abiders can arm themselves easily, and, as you would expect, the crime rate is higher where gun laws make it harder for law-abiders to own guns.  This is not rocket science or opinion,.. this is just the way it works.  Bad guys go for easy victims, they tend to avoid situations where they might get shot.

and the trumpets blare

dunt duh duh duuuuunt!

& reality was spoken aloud,

the crime rate is always lower in areas where law-abiders can arm themselves easily,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #91 - 07/06/13 at 17:25:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/06/13 at 15:49:45:
A corollary to this thought,.. the crime rate is always lower in areas where law-abiders can arm themselves easily, and, as you would expect, the crime rate is higher where gun laws make it harder for law-abiders to own guns.  This is not rocket science or opinion,.. this is just the way it works.  Bad guys go for easy victims, they tend to avoid situations where they might get shot.

and the trumpets blare

dunt duh duh duuuuunt!

& reality was spoken aloud,

the crime rate is always lower in areas where law-abiders can arm themselves easily,

Yea its like when there is everyone armed there will be no crime by criminals ... except, if everyone was armed, the criminals will just pick the one they can surprise .. .which is why we see cases where criminals break into houses where the people are armed.

Having no gun restrictions doesn't mean there will be no gun crime. The crime will still be on the weakest and the ones who criminals can surprise ...

Remember this - There are gun rampages @ police stations when the rampager can get a gun - A man who worked for the New Jersey Department of Corrections grabbed an officer's gun and opened fire inside the Gloucester Township Police station early Friday, injuring three officers before being shot dead

Link - http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Shooting-at-Camden-County-Police-St...

There is very few shootouts @ police stations cos they take everyone's gun @ the gate and use metal detectors to prevent you from being armed inside a cop house.

Every one being armed will not prevent gun crimes.
The criminal being unarmed will 100% prevent a gun crime. And this - you cut criminal gun ownership in 1/2, it drops gun crime in 1/2 ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #92 - 07/07/13 at 11:34:46

"Every one being armed will not prevent gun crimes" You're right, you still have the gangs and dopeheads but I bet the crime rate drops.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #93 - 07/07/13 at 12:09:25

youre never gonna get 100% safety from goofy people,, this pretense that you can show a potential for freedom to fail to make EVERYONE safe is somehow enough to dismiss freedom as the right answer is tiresome. your " answer" doesnt create 100% safety, but IF it did, i would still support guns, because the 2nd clearly points out the danger to mankind by goobs.
i find it amazing the condition of society, the direct connection to "progressive
' ideology & the continued support to keep running down that road.
how much damage must be done by a group before they see they are wrong?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #94 - 07/07/13 at 18:35:59

If you removed all gun laws nation wide I'll bet crime rates stay nearly the same. Your theory is that since everyone will be armed you'd see a reluctance on the part of criminals to attack someone ... however they now attack people not knowing if they are armed or not. I doubt that will change. Removing all gun laws, wont change the criminals thought that .. .1. There may be no one in the house. 2. We could get in and out while still having the element of surprise. 3. They may still not be armed.

However It will wholly result an increase in people killing each other over a parking spot ... which the ydont now, they just bang each others cars ...
It will result in an increase in accidental shootings.
It will result in an increase in suicides.

BTW the biggest item stolen when you have home break in's - guns. I'd bet that increases.

You wont get a decrease at all in crime ... you get decreases now a days only cos the neighboring city/county/state laws are different.
If some town imposes gun control laws, the criminals in the next county think they stand a better chance finding an unarmed chump next town over. So crime increases in that 1 town. Now there is a siphon effect. If there was no town with a tight gun law, the criminal will just commit the crime in his county.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #95 - 07/07/13 at 22:15:04

I really don't believe anyone would be killed over a parking spot, especially if they think the other driver might be armed.. Any nonfelon can go out and buy a $100 shotgun now if he wants to commit suicide. You still bring up SC but they have to go through Federal Gun checks like NC. Every state does. I can buy black guns in NC,are they legal in SC? A lot of states they're not. Those states have more gun crimes. The more gun laws a state has leaves the honest people sitting ducks. The elementary teachers and principles are being offered at no cost carry classes in NC. I bet a madman would think twice now about attacking a school. He wants to kill and taking out a couple of people isn't gonna do it. more than 2 or 3. He wants to be famous forever.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #96 - 07/08/13 at 08:53:06

Midnightrider wrote on 07/07/13 at 22:15:04:
I really don't believe anyone would be killed over a parking spot, especially if they think the other driver might be armed.. Any nonfelon can go out and buy a $100 shotgun now if he wants to commit suicide. You still bring up SC but they have to go through Federal Gun checks like NC. Every state does. I can buy black guns in NC,are they legal in SC? A lot of states they're not. Those states have more gun crimes. The more gun laws a state has leaves the honest people sitting ducks. The elementary teachers and principles are being offered at no cost carry classes in NC. I bet a madman would think twice now about attacking a school. He wants to kill and taking out a couple of people isn't gonna do it. more than 2 or 3. He wants to be famous forever.

Crazies dont care ... gun laws not going to stop any of that, a $100 bullet will, they are first time shooters ... they wont have a criminal record. We may get em with a psych test, but can you imagine the squealing from the gun nuts and NRA when we try to subject people trying to buy a gun to a psych test. Worse yet when one guy who's been rejected by a psych panel from getting a gun cos he's nuts gets killed by someone else that got a gun illegally, can you imagine the screaming then ? I can.

The assumption about parking space murder is that you think they are thinking ... oooo maybe he has a gun, maybe he this or that ... if they did that. it wont be road "rage" it will just be road "anger" ... or road "impoliteness" they now bash each others cars ... one person could still be armed and shoot the other ...

States with gun laws have gun crimes cos they suck them from the neighboring states that dont have gun laws. If we had the same laws all the way across, there wont be any commuting crimnials ... they will be resident criminals instead. Today I'm gonna go to charlotte rob a convenience store and drive back to my hood ... will just be, today I'll rob a convenience store in belmont and save driving to charlotte cos those guys are as armed as belmont.

More gun laws a state has, while the next state has fewer ... that leaves honest people in that state sitting ducks. AKA the SC and TX effect. People buy in SC in legit stores with a legit ID, and since SC throws them away after the sale, they promptly sell it to their "associates" who drive em to NYC or DC and supply the criminals there.
That leaves the Good people in DC and NYC (are there any left ? I thought its all white collar criminals in both places) vulnerable to being killed by a SC gun.

Regional Gun laws dont work so well ... cos roads do. Since roads are nationwide - so should gun laws.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #97 - 07/08/13 at 12:00:45

The long holiday weekend in Chicago was a bloody one as the Windy City's gun control laws again prove to be a failure. More from the Chicago Tribune: Rahm Emanuel should be made to walk the streets unarmed abiding by the gunlaws he created. When you live in the most violent city in the US, then you lay off half the police force you should be fired. Stupid, stupid, stupid. The money saved probably went into his pocket like Goldman Sachs taught him to do.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #98 - 07/08/13 at 12:29:20

srinath wrote on 07/08/13 at 08:53:06:
Midnightrider wrote on 07/07/13 at 22:15:04:

Crazies dont care ... gun laws not going to stop any of that, a $100 bullet will, they are first time shooters ... they wont have a criminal record. We may get em with a psych test, but can you imagine the squealing from the gun nuts and NRA when we try to subject people trying to buy a gun to a psych test. Worse yet when one guy who's been rejected by a psych panel from getting a gun cos he's nuts gets killed by someone else that got a gun illegally, can you imagine the screaming then ? I can.

The assumption about parking space murder is that you think they are thinking ... oooo maybe he has a gun, maybe he this or that ... if they did that. it wont be road "rage" it will just be road "anger" ... or road "impoliteness" they now bash each others cars ... one person could still be armed and shoot the other ...

States with gun laws have gun crimes cos they suck them from the neighboring states that dont have gun laws. If we had the same laws all the way across, there wont be any commuting crimnials ... they will be resident criminals instead. Today I'm gonna go to charlotte rob a convenience store and drive back to my hood ... will just be, today I'll rob a convenience store in belmont and save driving to charlotte cos those guys are as armed as belmont.

More gun laws a state has, while the next state has fewer ... that leaves honest people in that state sitting ducks. AKA the SC and TX effect. People buy in SC in legit stores with a legit ID, and since SC throws them away after the sale, they promptly sell it to their "associates" who drive em to NYC or DC and supply the criminals there.
That leaves the Good people in DC and NYC (are there any left ? I thought its all white collar criminals in both places) vulnerable to being killed by a SC gun.

Regional Gun laws dont work so well ... cos roads do. Since roads are nationwide - so should gun laws.
Cool.
Srinath.

More gun laws a state has, while the next state has fewer ... that leaves honest people in that state sitting ducks.

so, how about all of them use the laws the ones with the lowest crime rates use?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #99 - 07/08/13 at 12:40:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/08/13 at 12:29:20:
so, how about all of them use the laws the ones with the lowest crime rates use?

Once again for the 14,000th time will not pan out to be feasible, or even correct.
Here is why 1. - montana I would assume has the lowest crime ... and the lack of people provides the safety you wont have in NYC. Dane's Idea of banning people will work ... except, in the overall concept of use of resources, tightly crammed into small spaces is more energy efficient.

Montana's model for low crime, is to have no people. NYC cant implement that, and I wont like to live in NC if the population density in NC was montana-esque.

2. I agree with having the same gun laws across the country. However picking the lowest ... its right on par with your "an armed society is a polite society" so we should hand every one who walks into a police station, court house, and school including 1-2-3 rd graders a gun. That has been your suggestion all along ...

We should pick the NYC law and implement it everywhere. We should also keep a full on database of ownership, registration, rifling on everything we can.

Criminal guns will get tossed with each crime. They will then replace them (and that will make the NRA happy) with guns we have data on and we will keep their records, and when the bullets turn up @ a crime scene, we can find who shot up the place.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #100 - 07/08/13 at 13:44:01

Actually, what we need is to build big walls around NYC, Newark, Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, Los Angeles, Frisco, Seattle... and hit each one with fuel air devices until even the mole people are gone.

Followed by making violent crimes against children and the elderly capital offenses, sentence to be carried out immediately upon conviction, no appeals, no vacations at the loony bin on the tax payer's dime...

Then, and only then, consider modifying the existing federal gun laws. AFTER making sure there are no more traitors to the American way of life in any political, educational, media format, etc...

As a nation, the USA has devolved to the level of the Wiemar Republic, blended with the graft, sloth, greed and indifference endemic to Africa and the Middle East...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #101 - 07/08/13 at 13:46:51

so, you see crime as a population density issue? maybe there is some validity to that, idk,, but, its really just a theory..

how about this?
lets TRY the more freedom aproach instead of the lefty louie ride some more,, i see gun laws relaxed follwed by de3creased crime, stats prove it over & over,, in the name of the big c, at least try freedom before we do more control of the people,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #102 - 07/08/13 at 13:50:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/08/13 at 13:46:51:
so, you see crime as a population density issue? maybe there is some validity to that, idk,, but, its really just a theory..

how about this?
lets TRY the more freedom aproach instead of the lefty louie ride some more,, i see gun laws relaxed follwed by de3creased crime, stats prove it over & over,, in the name of the big c, at least try freedom before we do more control of the people,

Lets try common sense instead of the Righty RMoney Ride some more ...

I see tighter gun laws followed by reduction in crime in the surrounding area over and over and over, in the name of the Big C and lets try freedom of not having armed criminals and controlling the people and NRA pushing their garbage for their masters in the name of the second amendment by arming criminals.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #103 - 07/08/13 at 14:50:19

show me the stats,, fbi stats dont agree

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #104 - 07/08/13 at 16:02:38

JOG, the cities listed are all full of nanny state commies, who'd miss them?

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 11:44:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.