Gun Control Is Great! (Read 695 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #45 - 06/28/13 at 18:07:38

Midnightrider wrote on 06/28/13 at 17:33:37:
I don't think there's a person that participates on the TT that doesn't own a gun. If you want gun control turn your guns in. Its real simple but until you do get rid of your guns you really have no right to argue with me.

What logic is that - register them and if they wanted rifling - they are welcome to put a bullet in it and fire it and get marks.
I am not for gun "confiscation" I am for gun registration and I am for preventing criminals from getting guns.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #46 - 06/28/13 at 19:25:51

Sri, dream on my friend. Criminals will always have guns. I bought 2 unregistered guns probably not far from where you live. The guys that sold them to me didn't want to see my license or anything, just the cash. Both of em are collectors pieces and I don't ever plan to shoot them. I wrote the license # of the vehicle they were driving down. My wife run the numbers and they're clean. Its better I got em than someone else, if you know what I mean. You don't need a gun to kill someone. Those Syrian Rebels Obama is wanting to give guns to cut two Christian Missionarys heads off with a knife and Obama is gonna reward them with guns. It wouldn't have been as slow and messy if they had just shot them.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #47 - 06/28/13 at 20:00:43

If you have the money someone is just around the corner waiting to open his trunk and deal.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #48 - 06/28/13 at 20:04:32

srinath wrote on 06/28/13 at 18:07:38:
Midnightrider wrote on 06/28/13 at 17:33:37:
I don't think there's a person that participates on the TT that doesn't own a gun. If you want gun control turn your guns in. Its real simple but until you do get rid of your guns you really have no right to argue with me.

What logic is that - register them and if they wanted rifling - they are welcome to put a bullet in it and fire it and get marks.
I am not for gun "confiscation" I am for gun registration and I am for preventing criminals from getting guns.

Cool.
Srinath.

I'm not against gun registration but they wanted more than that. The bills tacked on to the gun registration bill were bullsh!t. If I die my wife or kids couldn't even get my guns. I would have to register a shotgun my grandpa give me when I was 11 years old. They wanted to know where every single gun was in the US. You know what comes next, confiscation. Wash. is becoming scared of us a little. They know we're getting fed up. Well they confiscate all the guns and the criminals are the only ones who own guns now because they never registered them in the first place. Most of my guns are registered because I bought them new. We have enough gun laws in place right now, I heard over 12,000. They're not keeping crazies from killing people but if it wasn't a gun it would be a knife or baseball bat. Some people are born predators and nothing written on a piece of paper will stop them. You have Racist, Drug Dealers, Rapist. The only way to stop them is to shoot first. If you have a gun learn how to use it.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #49 - 06/28/13 at 20:06:08

Starlifter wrote on 06/28/13 at 20:00:43:
If you have the money someone is just around the corner waiting to open his trunk and deal.

AMEN

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #50 - 06/29/13 at 08:05:51

Midnightrider wrote on 06/28/13 at 20:06:08:
Starlifter wrote on 06/28/13 at 20:00:43:

AMEN

Yes and nowadays its cheaper to buy it that way than from a proper gun store in say chicago or NYC. That's cos you're buying it from someone who bought it in TX or SC.
If that WFO market didn't exist ... criminals will be fighting for the fewer that come through from mexico ... as you know, it would be gun or cocaine ... so its worth its weight in cocaine. For law abiding, you can buy it @ a gun store.

Here are some more items to think about.
The law abiding people dont keep needing guns. You dont have a "need to get rid of a gun". That eliminates the constant turn over needed.

Criminals will keep needing guns ... they have 1 right now, its useful in the 1 crime they use it in, past that, its a liability, it ends in the bottom of the river. A cheap gun from SC is needed for their next crime.

Criminals are the target market of the NRA. Register every gun and the owner after background check and every sale and keep rifling marks on everything and you will almost instantly see a huge drop in gun crime, without any impact on gun defence. Of course that will deflate the NRA, cos unless criminals keep getting guns that they keep tossing in the river the NRA's backers the gun industry dont get squat.

Have you heard this one - if car companies had about 3lb of nickel average more per car in the steel they buy, you would never have to deal with rust. Of course they wont do that cos it cocsts them a sale. Same with guns and NRA.

They need it to be loosey goosey ... so anyone can buy a gun ... that way criminals will be able to always buy and restock after they toss their gun after a crime.

Then they tell you ... "criminals will always have guns" so you should get one ... or 20 ...
Utter garbage.

Yea I see all the registration = confiscation crap ... total BS.

Registration and rifling data are a big line of defence against criminals ... and it doesn't involve shooting the bullet before it shoots you.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #51 - 06/29/13 at 13:10:32

I dont mind rifling my guns, I will only use then in a self defense situation or target practice, but there again the criminals aren't going to do it. Sri you cant stop the criminals, all you can do is practice with your gun and learn how to protect your friends and family. I heard you mention moving. It would be nice if you could go to a suburb of Charlotte like Mooresville where the crime rate is a lot less.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #52 - 06/30/13 at 13:30:41

Midnightrider wrote on 06/29/13 at 13:10:32:
I dont mind rifling my guns, I will only use then in a self defense situation or target practice, but there again the criminals aren't going to do it. Sri you cant stop the criminals, all you can do is practice with your gun and learn how to protect your friends and family. I heard you mention moving. It would be nice if you could go to a suburb of Charlotte like Mooresville where the crime rate is a lot less.

I hadn't fired in 10 years ... and I shot a 17 a couple months ago, and @ 100 yards I was like 2-3" off, side ways - wind I think.

But Midnight - you dont throw a perfectly fine gun into the river do you ?
Criminals do. They then need to buy more. This is 90% of the sales of guns.
A gun lasts forever. Without this literal turnover there will be no need for guns companies to have any sale volumes like they have now.
I cant think of anything I own that I have had as long as my gun. Its even older than the GSXR I've got in late 95. Its second only to my marriage and by extension a few things like pictures etc.

I can see ammo being a volume business.
I cant see guns being a sustainable business without criminals tossing em in the river and buying more. Loose gun laws, allow that to happen. Criminals need that, the rest of the law abiding people dont.
The "criminals will never go through background checks" mantra is bogus. Criminals get guns legally bought in a state without any laws. They will "never go though background checks" ... cos they dont need to. They just drive 3-400 miles and pick em up in SC or TX.

Loose gun laws weaken every law abiding citizen's power over the criminal.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #53 - 06/30/13 at 22:49:25

Buying a handgun outside of your state of residence, legally, is a major leaguer pain in the ass. It has to be shipped from the FFL holder who sold it to an FFL holder in your state.

Register the rifling... I collect smoothbores... there is NO rifling to start with...  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #54 - 07/01/13 at 07:43:05

WD wrote on 06/30/13 at 22:49:25:
Buying a handgun outside of your state of residence, legally, is a major leaguer pain in the ass. It has to be shipped from the FFL holder who sold it to an FFL holder in your state.

What ... this from the guy who says you can get a gun from the back door of a police station if you went there with drugs ...
Anyway, out of the trunk of a car, brand new guns in WA DC and NYC ... easy, bought legit from SC and driven to and sold in NYC. My neighbors do that with cigarettes and alcohol.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #55 - 07/01/13 at 08:09:36

I specifically said LEGALLY. If I want an unregistered, unmarked, untraceable, that's easy.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #56 - 07/01/13 at 10:08:25

WD wrote on 07/01/13 at 08:09:36:
I specifically said LEGALLY. If I want an unregistered, unmarked, untraceable, that's easy.

That would be what the criminals want wouldn't they.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #57 - 07/01/13 at 21:25:53

Not just criminals. Serious collectors go for unmarked as well. Firearm serial numbers weren't standardized/required until the 1820s in the USA, and then primarily for military contract guns.

If I wanted a using untraceable, I'd just make one, it isn't difficult.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #58 - 07/02/13 at 07:37:17

WD wrote on 07/01/13 at 21:25:53:
Not just criminals. Serious collectors go for unmarked as well. Firearm serial numbers weren't standardized/required until the 1820s in the USA, and then primarily for military contract guns.

If I wanted a using untraceable, I'd just make one, it isn't difficult.

Yes you can make them ... and criminals dont. You can make 1 gun ... criminals need several 1000 a day ... guess what If they make them, sure let them, the law abiding can buy them and hold their advantage.

Criminals get guns from states without gun laws and drive them over. Several 1000 in a matter of hours and all of it goes to ... you guessed it, criminals. How long will they take to make them ? A lot longer, I'm guessing several tons of machinery will be needed and several man hours per gun. Now its a few 1000 in a day.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #59 - 07/02/13 at 07:46:45

Bring your son over, we'll fire up the forge and make one the right way. Hand forged barrel and lock, handmade springs, hand made stock. I think I have enough scrap brass to sand cast a butt cap and trigger guard... .44 caliber work for you, only spare round ball shot I have right now.

Or, we can cheat, use tubing and the drill press to make a couple single shot cartridge types. Again, not difficult, takes about 20 minutes to fab a throw down. Costs about $10 in materials.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:26:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.