Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No Homeschooling says the Justice Dept. (Read 93 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
No Homeschooling says the Justice Dept.
06/13/13 at 20:57:31

http://www.naturalnews.com/040316_home_schooling_government_censorship_educat...
(NaturalNews) Individual liberty is being burned at the stake, as governments set fire to people natural rights. This time it has everything to do with homeschooling.

It all started in Germany. Uwe and Hannelore Romeike were raising their five children in the German state of Baden-Wurttemberg, when they decided to remove their children from the public education system. In 2006, the Romeike's illegally withdrew their children from the German public schools system and began homeschooling. Believing that the public education system was undermining their Christian faith, the Romeike's began breaking the law and teaching their kids at home. By exercising their natural rights, the Romeikes were fined over $10,000 by the German government and at one point their children were forcefully removed from their home. In 2010, after getting their children back, they chose to flee Germany and move to the United States.

Finding freedom in the US, only to be challenged again, this time by the US

Upon arrival in Tennessee, the Romeikes were granted asylum. A federal judge rebuked the German policy and ruled that the Romeike's had a reasonable fear of persecution for their personal beliefs if they returned to Germany.

Nothing much was said about the issue until the Obama's Administration's Department of Justice got involved.

Attorney General, Eric Holder came out and opposed the federal court ruling, siding with the German government. He pleaded that the Romeike's be denied their asylum. Holder believes that governments may legitimately use force and authority to make parents comply with government-sanctioned schools.

With statements like these, the United States, once a beacon for liberty, is now endorsing force and mandates in regard to education. The right to homeschool and teach one's own children is a fundamental human right is now at stake. It doesn't matter what beliefs each family has. It's liberty that matters. According to Holder, that liberty should be supervised by the federal government.

Government supervised education

The German policy that's currently in place says that the upbringing of a child is a parent's natural right but the government's duty is to watch over them in the performance of this duty. The law also states that: "The entire school system shall be under the supervision of the state."

The policy in the United States is currently one of freedom. The Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution secures homeschooling as a fundamental liberty. The Constitution enables each individual state to regulate homeschooling in its own way. Is this idea under attack?

Very much so. The Attorney General currently seeks to deport the Romeike's. Their right to home school their children their own way doesn't matter to the Department of Justice. The government is more concerned with compliance: Everyone giving away their liberty and free will, and absorbing the education laid out by federal law.

From the failed No Child Left Behind Act to the new federally implemented Common Core program, the government is socializing the public school system. The new Common Core program is based on a one-size-fits-all approach that school Board President Michael Faccinetto condemns, saying:

"All we care about are these high-stakes tests and numbers and data instead of the kids." Faccinetto continues, "Standardized tests don't define the success of a child."

Homeschooling typically allows for a broader, more creative, and more self-disciplined approach to learning

Will federal compliance be the way forward for education in the United States, or are people catching on and learning that the freedom of homeschooling allows for the exploration of alternative ideas, engaging children more effectively with their society and themselves?

Indeed, homeschooling in the US is on the rise. Since 1999, the number of homeschooled children has increased by 75 percent.

Typically, a parent-involved education lays the groundwork for a set of core values that helps children become more productive and principled later in life.

More times than not, homeschooling is not a close-minded, antisocial way of educating. It's actually a more integrative, creative approach, with opportunities outside the classroom.

Homeschooling isn't anything to be ashamed of, and there should be nothing criminal about it. It is a parent's natural right to teach their children what they want as long as they are not harming another. A family that flees a county's educational control to find liberty in the United States is a testimony of freedom and the Attorney General should be ashamed for wanting to strip the family of asylum and deport them back into the hands of the controlling German government.

Sources for this article include:

http://theaquilareport.com

http://blog.acton.org

http://familyrights.azproject.org

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: No Homeschooling says the Justice Dept.
Reply #1 - 06/13/13 at 21:00:37

Homeschooled kids are winning contests, like spelling bees. The goobs hate it, because they dont get the chance to indoctrinate the kid with all the raah raah raaah crap,, & they dont get to create another Cog in a Wheel,, The goobs hate the family & dont want happy, well adjusted kids, No money in that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/14/13 at 06:17:14

We got into this the other night in class. About if people should be informed and/or engaged.
Everyone agreed but I had to play Devil's advocate and argue the other side just because I like to argue that ill informed people are easier to control.
If I ever have kids I am about 80% sure I'll be home schooling.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/14/13 at 07:49:42

You guys have been asleep @ the wheel for years on this.
SC has all but banned home schooling ... yes hardcore 100+ year republican state, and a state that RMoney won by 20+ points, and one that put Mark "my argentinian mistress is now my wife, and I'm hiking that mountain everyday" Sanford in congress by 20 points ... yea hard core republicans, and they dont like home schooling ... cos they then cant train them to be bible thumping welfare queens or kings if that happens and they actually get educated and can live on their own.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 06/14/13 at 09:08:22

Here is some facts - and even I am surprised @ this - SC and NC are the same ... I'm thinking this classification isn't fine enough to separate an eleph-ant from a fire-ant.

Easiest states - TX, ID, OK, MO (red states) and MI, IL, NJ, CT (blue) and IN (undecided).
Hardest states: PA, NY, RI, MA and VT all blue.
The rest are all inbetween, TN, and SC and NC are in the same category of moderate.

This is the link - http://www.hslda.org/laws/
I dont know how biased or credible ot up to date that is.

However this incident happened in TN, which is a long running republican state.

It may have something to do with how much $$ is paid to the school per student, and if home schooling actually results in a loss and if so, how much of a loss.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/14/13 at 10:14:25

So, because the bus have shat on homeschooling there, dems are good?

Bammy just sent some people home, to Germany, where the state will likely take their kids,, to school them,, theyll certainly not be allowed to home school..
If dems were pro home school, America would have more of it,
\Both sides are bad,, get used to it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/14/13 at 11:45:01

Yup, both houses of parliament need to take their kids.

One of those "As soon as Bushies did it, both parties are bad mantras". We will set "fire to the feet for the parties to conform to our constitution" Yeaaaa .

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 06/14/13 at 11:53:37

srinath wrote on 06/14/13 at 11:45:01:

One of those "As soon as Bushies did it, both parties are bad mantras". We will set "fire to the feet for the parties to conform to our constitution" Yeaaaa .

Cool.
Srinath.

Sri .. your last couple of posts in several TT threads have been very hard to fathom/ follow.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 06/14/13 at 11:54:16

We are home schooling starting next school year. What was interesting was some of the other new parents of the kids in our home school group are public school teachers and a public school principal. This is California were talking about so the State is already bad off from the start.

Looks like I gotta get to Texas to get some rights back!!!  Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #9 - 06/14/13 at 12:27:45

As one who has known many home schooled kids, I have mixed feelings about it.
One of the families we knew had a wife/mother who herself was a PhD in biochemistry.  Obviously, she is qualified by education to teach most general courses, maybe not history.
But most home schooled kids are taught by their mothers - a plain fact.  And most of these women are not PhDs in biochemistry or anything else.  They don't even have to have had one day in college.
So I have no objection to home schooling thru the elementary years, when most moms, even those with no college education themselves, can probably do an OK job of teaching the elementary level material.
But when it comes to high school, how many ordinary moms can teach the gamut of courses from history, civics, algebra, geometry, physics, trigonometry, music, English composition, etc.?
You see why I have mixed feelings?  Freedom to parent as we wish, within the obvious limits of child welfare isn't the real issue to me.
I worry about the real level of education a kid gets if home schooled for 12 years by the average mother.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 06/14/13 at 12:33:32

Pine wrote on 06/14/13 at 11:53:37:

Cool.
Srinath.

Sri .. your last couple of posts in several TT threads have been very hard to fathom/ follow.

Oh I am following the this brilliant line of logic here ... If Obama is remotely looking like may have actually been some how implicated in the point that has been pulled up I revert to the position of "we need to have both parties, and houses of congress, and in deed north and south korea or carolina or varginia or what not be held accountable and made to light fire onto their feet ... or some such philosophy".

Example: Ooo you think Obama made some problem - say Toilet paper shortage in Venezuela - my response is - we need to have both political parties held accountable for toilet paper in venezuela so the good people of venezuela will have toilet paper shoved up their aZZ ...

See how brilliant logic it is.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 06/14/13 at 13:01:01

srinath wrote on 06/14/13 at 12:33:32:

Cool.
Srinath.

Oh I am following the this brilliant line of logic here ... If Obama is remotely looking like may have actually been some how implicated in the point that has been pulled up I revert to the position of "we need to have both parties, and houses of congress, and in deed north and south korea or carolina or varginia or what not be held accountable and made to light fire onto their feet ... or some such philosophy".

Example: Ooo you think Obama made some problem - say Toilet paper shortage in Venezuela - my response is - we need to have both political parties held accountable for toilet paper in venezuela so the good people of venezuela will have toilet paper shoved up their aZZ ...

Cool.
Srinath.

I thought it might be something  to that effect... maybe you should end the post with

/sarcasm

or something. I tend to take things rather literal, so your logic... was escaping me.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #12 - 06/14/13 at 13:18:05

Schooling in MS is its own little universe, full of racism, religions concerns, and darnright security issues.

I purposefully selected the town we live in as one of the best public schools in the state. Which, one learns still leaves a lot to be desired.

http://www.clintonpublicschools.com/cms/lib04/MS01001946/Centricity/Domain/4/...

Homeschooling here does not mean a "better" education, though the kids do often have higher grades. I am not at all sure I can say Holder is right or wrong in his position legally, though I can say its a very sad sad state of affairs. I will say I think Holder is NOT a person that should be a position of power.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 06/14/13 at 13:19:30

Pine wrote on 06/14/13 at 13:01:01:
srinath wrote on 06/14/13 at 12:33:32:

Cool.
Srinath.

Cool.
Srinath.

I thought it might be something  to that effect... maybe you should end the post with

/sarcasm

or something. I tend to take things rather literal, so your logic... was escaping me.

Its is not sarcasm ... It is serious.

I think both houses of parliament need to address the issue of where there is sarcasm when there is no sarcasm, not to mention North and south florida. Both florida's.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/14/13 at 13:30:19

Youve become impossible to follow, again. Im done for a while.,,. when you get back to being able to transmit a thot process again, maybe Ill be lucky enough to read it. Till then, Im avoiding your posts, a few days, anyway. Good luck regaining what you had a week agao.,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 01:00:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No Homeschooling says the Justice Dept.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.