Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Back in the Great Pacific Northwest (Read 141 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Back in the Great Pacific Northwest
Reply #15 - 06/16/13 at 21:05:06

Sure there is, that's when we used to bootleg the 105,500 plus pound combos up to the cold storages in Burlington, Anacortes, Lynden, Bellingham... the Alcoa plant northwest of Bellingham... Stanwood scale was almost never open at night, fudge the logbook the next morning and hope we didn't get stopped at the southbound scales just north of Burlington.  Grin

I of course had the misfortune of losing the computer on my 2001 Peterbilt's Cummins N14 right on the southbound scales one morning, with a full load of powdered milk on board...  Angry

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #16 - 06/17/13 at 14:18:50

kimchris1 wrote on 06/16/13 at 16:51:48:
Yes Dj is correct. Seems when the sun comes out so does most of the bikes.
Lots more riders than when the sun isn't around. I ride shade or sun as long as it isn't pouring. I have been caught in the down pours a few times, even hail.. NO thank you on that.
This a.m. I rode home with some nice bright sunshine on my shoulders as well as in my eyes at times.
Welcome back Dane.. Have you thought of moving back?
I do hope your visit was a pleasant one and your trip home is pleasant as well.. Come back and bring the bike, we could have a meet up and ride with some of the others in the area.. Smiley kim

Yes, I think about moving back all the time!! I must admit that I have become accustomed to the lane sharing they allow in California. There are day where Van Buren, a two lane arterial in each direction separated by landscaped median, is so jammed with traffic that it will be stopped for 3 - 4 traffic lights (each about a mile apart). I can just drive down the middle in 1st and pass it all.

The handlebars are about the same width as my shoulders so if there is space enough for me to walk through then I can nudge the bike through. Most people are cool with it and some even edge their cars over when a cyclist comes through. I've even had people move over when I wasn't even planning to lane share but didn't want to be rude so I went.  Smiley

Visit was great, my 7 year old daughter's first plane trip and first time seeing snow, courtesy of Mt. Baker. I would like to see if I could get the bike on Amtak but not for a year or two.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #17 - 06/17/13 at 14:22:57

WD wrote on 06/16/13 at 21:05:06:
Sure there is, that's when we used to bootleg the 105,500 plus pound combos up to the cold storages in Burlington, Anacortes, Lynden, Bellingham... the Alcoa plant northwest of Bellingham... Stanwood scale was almost never open at night, fudge the logbook the next morning and hope we didn't get stopped at the southbound scales just north of Burlington.  Grin

I of course had the misfortune of losing the computer on my 2001 Peterbilt's Cummins N14 right on the southbound scales one morning, with a full load of powdered milk on board...  Angry

I have friends that work at Commercial Cold Storage in Mt. Vernon. They put sensors on that side road that went past Kesselring, the name escapes me...darn went blank.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 06/17/13 at 14:48:56

Commercial Cold right on the riverbank? If so, been there... you have to know what you are doing to get in and out of that facility, it's tight. And if you have on a max load reefer container, shrink the chassis before trying to get in. Tolerable with a day cab, I drove a long wheelbase coffin box sleeper.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 06/17/13 at 15:54:52

WD wrote on 06/17/13 at 14:48:56:
Commercial Cold right on the riverbank? If so, been there... you have to know what you are doing to get in and out of that facility, it's tight. And if you have on a max load reefer container, shrink the chassis before trying to get in. Tolerable with a day cab, I drove a long wheelbase coffin box sleeper.

That's the one. The railcar tracks are all gone now and all paved over. Didn't fix the trucking space problem.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 02:34:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Back in the Great Pacific Northwest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.