Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Purpose of the Dept. Of Homeland Security (Read 42 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
The Purpose of the Dept. Of Homeland Security
06/01/13 at 20:41:20

Whats its purpose. Why did Bush create it. We aready have a National Guard. They have armoured vehicles, tanks, fully automatic weapons, rockets, almost every weapon known to man. Whats their purpose beside eating up our tax dollars. Remember the special citizen targets made up for them. The veterans from the middle east are being denied gun permits. Sounds like they plan on gunning us down in the streets. Reminds me a little of the German Gestapo. They're celebrating their 10th anniversary this year.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re:  The Purpose of the Dept. Of Homeland Security
Reply #1 - 06/01/13 at 21:44:35

Item:

"We must start thinking differently" said Air Force Gen. Ralph E. "Ed" Eberhart, the newly installed commander of Northern Command, the military's homeland security arm.

Before 9/11, he says, the military and intelligence systems were focused on "the away game" and not properly focused on "the home game." "Home," of course, is the United States, and we will be providing "military assistance to civil authorities" when authorized by the secretary of Defense or the president.
It's all part of the "militarization" (as in jack booted thugs) of federal law inforcement agencies, and all US police forces.
At the time of 9/11 I worked for the United States Customs Service. Shortly afterward we became the United States Customs and Border Protection Dep. of Homeland Security....('Homeland? sounds like the old USSR with that Fatherland stuff).

We were retrained to be more aggressive and our 9mm Glocks were supplemented with personal tazars and then shotguns in the inspection booths. Our inspection stations became equipped with all the latest James Bond kind of information gathering computer systems. The officers coming out of FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) in Georgia since 9/11 are now trained in hand to hand combat situations.

What's going on?? I don't know, but I don't like it...glad I was able to retire a few years after.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 06/02/13 at 10:30:09

Quote:
The Purpose of the Dept. Of Homeland Security

The purpose of the DHS, and its bastard stepchild the TSA, is to acclimate the citizens of this country to living in a police state- to get everyone used to being manhandled by agents of the government. It's working.  Angry

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/02/13 at 17:42:18

Starlifter wrote on 06/01/13 at 21:44:35:
when authorized by the secretary of Defense or the president.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/02/13 at 20:27:17

Starlifter wrote on 06/01/13 at 21:44:35:
Item:

"We must start thinking differently" said Air Force Gen. Ralph E. "Ed" Eberhart, the newly installed commander of Northern Command, the military's homeland security arm.

Before 9/11, he says, the military and intelligence systems were focused on "the away game" and not properly focused on "the home game." "Home," of course, is the United States, and we will be providing "military assistance to civil authorities" when authorized by the secretary of Defense or the president.
It's all part of the "militarization" (as in jack booted thugs) of federal law inforcement agencies, and all US police forces.
At the time of 9/11 I worked for the United States Customs Service. Shortly afterward we became the United States Customs and Border Protection Dep. of Homeland Security....('Homeland? sounds like the old USSR with that Fatherland stuff).

We were retrained to be more aggressive and our 9mm Glocks were supplemented with personal tazars and then shotguns in the inspection booths. Our inspection stations became equipped with all the latest James Bond kind of information gathering computer systems. The officers coming out of FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) in Georgia since 9/11 are now trained in hand to hand combat situations.

What's going on?? I don't know, but I don't like it...glad I was able to retire a few years after.

What's going on?? I don't know, but I don't like it.

Well,, IF youd stop being so determined to hold onto the beliefs ytouve held so tightly for so long, you MIGHT be able to learn some new ideas that would help you understand what IS going on..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:42:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Purpose of the Dept. Of Homeland Security

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.