Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Whats your favorite firearm? (Read 277 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Whats your favorite firearm?
05/30/13 at 17:47:23

I have several but if you told me I could only have one it would be my Ruger 10/22. Its accurate, reliable and there are many aftermarket parts for them. People have a hard time believing a 22 is accurate out to 200yds.I have a few military style (assault rifles). The only reason I bought them is the government didn't want me to have them so I knew right then I had better get one or two. My favorite Pistol I own is a 6" barrel S+W 686 357 mag. I have a Bond derringer Snakeslayer with a 3" chamber I love to carry. It will shoot 3" 410 shells and 45LC. you only have 2 shots but those 410's will cover a lot of territory.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Whats your favorite firearm?
Reply #1 - 05/30/13 at 20:52:20

For all my saber rattling about having guns... I dont have anything that the government would take any great notice over...

4 Dan Wesson .357  these have not been made since the 90's.. and never were a big seller.

This is my favorite shot of two of them. The barrels and grips are custom. The grip was made to my order and is one of a kind.

This was my grandfathers 12g side-by-side Parker. I dont shoot it as it originally used black powder shot shells and they ate the inside of the barrel away. It would be sad but poetic if a bad guy stole it and tried to shoot it with a 3" mag load.... the gun would probably blow up.

My dads old model 53 bolt action ( single shot) .22. I refinsihed it myself in 1981 at the ripe old age of 17. Solid Walnut.

My first gun and rifle. A survival .22 single shot. this gun has not been shot since about  1970.

IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #2 - 05/30/13 at 21:53:08

is that last one a rabbit? there is a guy who comes out to my range sometimes that found one while cleaning a closet in a rent house he moved into.
22lr/410 right?

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #3 - 05/30/13 at 22:01:49

my favorite gun is my rock island armory 1911a1.
i cast and load my own bullets. it cost me about 3 bucks to load a box of 50 rounds, so i can still afford to shoot it.
number two is my rossi 3 inch 357 magnum revolver. my wife got it for me for our 9th anniversary.
number three. is a ruger old army 45 cal black powder revolver my dad passed down to me. he bought it in 1982 the first year they did one in stainless steel.  i just placed 2nd in ablack powder pistol shoot with it last sunday.

i have over 30 guns in my house and it is real hard to pick favorites, but if i have to those are them.  Wink

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 05/30/13 at 23:45:10

"have over 30 guns in my house and it is real hard to pick favorites, but if i have to those are them." I know what you mean. a lot of mine have never been shot. Its hard for me to put money in the bank. I tried investing in guitars and I've lost my a$$ doing that, got some nice guitars though. Guns are holding their value for the most part and are going up. The price on my 686 has almost doubled since I bought it. I have several nice 22's and they see the most action if I can find the ammo at a decent price. I ran into a guy who was a good friend of my brother who passed away. He's keeping me supplied with Winchesters at 10 cents apiece, not to bad. My Henry 22 is probably the most fun rifle to shoot. I love to shoot shorts in it but they're almost impossible to find around here. My health wont let me hunt anymore and I've lost that killer instinct but I still support hunting and I hope I live long enough to take my grandsons hunting as my grandfather did me. As for right now I'm happy to get out and punch a hole in a piece of paper every now and then. My wife is a semi retired cop who loves to go out and shoot her Glocks also.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/31/13 at 06:11:47

Not my rifle. Just typed it into google for a generic picture.

Pine - I like that top one. Very unique.

My favorite is a Remington 513T
It started it's life as a civilian training rifle. Bolt action, 10 round, it's a .22 with a LONG bull barrel. It's heavy as Hell but accurate as can be. I replaced the forward sling mount with a short section of rail for a bipod and I've removed the original peep sight in favor of a 3x9x40 scope. All the weight absorbs every ounce of recoil.

I've been trying to find a middle of the road bolt action rifle. Something more than .22 and less than a .308/30-06.

--Steve

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 05/31/13 at 06:25:50

Steve my wife has a Savage 243. Great flat shooting gun, very light recoil. At 100yds fire 3 shots and you have one hole.

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #7 - 05/31/13 at 06:27:11

Paraquat wrote on 05/31/13 at 06:11:47:
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/5822/8681801_1.jpg?v=8CC1C8FFBE22440I've been trying to find a middle of the road bolt action rifle. Something more than .22 and less than a .308/30-06.

--Steve

Are you looking for a bolt action or semi-auto rifle and what will you use it for? For a bolt action, consider the .243. If you want semi-auto, look at some of the intermediate cartridges such as the 300 Blackout, 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/31/13 at 09:12:22

I was looking at a Savage .17 HMR for the sheer novelty of it.
I'd like to keep it bolt action but I'm receptive.
All I ever do is punch holes in paper.
My club has 100 yard iron sights and optics events every once in a while.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 05/31/13 at 11:57:20

First year brass and blue Ruger Old Army, fairly rare, they did not put brass Super Blackhawk grip frames on very many of them. Modified cylinder can hold over 50g of FFFg...

Kind of partial to an equally rare Smith and Wesson 3rd Model .44 Hand Ejector, a.k.a., Model of 1926, a.k.a. Wolf and Klar. Factory full nickel plate including the grooved (target) hammer and trigger, with carved mother of pearl grip scales.

Jam-o-matics? Don't much care for them, but I do have a 1936 CZ24 in 9mm Browning/short (better known as .380). War trophy, came back from the European Theater in WW2. Father in law swapped an Arisaka submachine gun for it straight across.

Hmm, shotguns is a tough call, do I like the 1800s caplock 12g double, the 16g pump, or the 14" barreled .410 better... and yes, the A.O.W. is properly licensed...  Angry

Rifles is a serious tough choice, Stevens 44 Favorite in .22S/L, Marlin Glenfield M20 in .22S/L/LR, Canadian Centennial Winchester M6702 .30/30 (I actually hate this carbine), .50 T/C Hawken, .54 Lyman Great Plains... or the pre-64 M70 Winchester in .243 with a trigger pull measured in ounces.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 05/31/13 at 12:07:20

Much like beer,, which ever one I have handy when I need one..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #11 - 05/31/13 at 12:50:36

My favorite gun is a museum piece- in a museum. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 05/31/13 at 15:52:32

Paraquat wrote on 05/31/13 at 09:12:22:
I was looking at a Savage .17 HMR for the sheer novelty of it.
I'd like to keep it bolt action but I'm receptive.
All I ever do is punch holes in paper.
My club has 100 yard iron sights and optics events every once in a while.

--Steve

Wished you lived in NC. I have never been fired Savage HMR, BSA Sweet 17 Scope I'm selling tomorrow.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #13 - 05/31/13 at 16:31:59

Here's a lousy picture of one of the most wicked firearms I've ever held in my hand. Its a Bond Derringer. Made in Texas. Shoots 3" 410 shells or 45LC. I brought it home and my wife told me it was hers. I'll sell something and buy myself one. Its machined out of stainless, not a plastic part on it. Rosewood handles or you can order another exotic wood. Those new 410 defender shells will tear up jack. They're a combination of wafers and buckshot. If you ever hold one and look at the metal and workmanship its love at first sight. You don't have but two shots but with those 410's you only need one.                                                        

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #14 - 05/31/13 at 17:02:22

6.5 Swedish Mauser - A real nail driver. Eventually want a Ruger Redhawk to use for the 300+ cast bullets.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 08:53:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Whats your favorite firearm?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.