Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2006 Boulevard s40 hesitation issues (Read 339 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: 2006 Boulevard s40 hesitation issues
Reply #15 - 05/29/13 at 19:01:06

There is a simple test you can conduct for the irratic running you are experiencing, its called the "choke" or "power inricher"

While the engine is running irratically, pull the choke 1 knotch.
If that helps, or fixes it, it is suffering from a lean fuel condition in the low to midrange throttle position, same as many of these bikes suffer from.
As said above, the white spacer mod usually fixes this problem very well.
I know it fixed mine.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 05/30/13 at 09:18:31

I dunno, my '06 acted the same way when I bought it...put a raptor on and it went away...
you can test by running it on PRIME and see if it helps...but it's not the complete test...that would be this...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429/1

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Rembrandt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Reply #17 - 05/31/13 at 19:05:57

So Bubba you had the identical symptoms with your 06 and the Raptor completely cured it? When did you buy your bike and with what mileage? I have wondered if the petcock may be an issue already. Thanks for your input.

A hundred years from now, none of this will matter.
  IP Logged
Rembrandt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Reply #18 - 05/31/13 at 19:16:59

So just another question regarding setting stock petcock to Prime. Other than not having a reserve, I won't flood the carburetor or do any kind of damage to the bike running it completely on prime for a couple of days or longer? I religiously watch my mileage so it never gets to reserve other than the twice it's happened. First time literally two blocks from the stealership I stalled out and had to switch to reserve...nice shock...not impressed and no apology or concern from the place I bought it. Second time I was purposely trying to see how far I could get on gas before needing reserve. Both times it took a bit of cranking to get the bike fired up again. Thanks for the advice and help.

A hundred years from now, none of this will matter.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 05/31/13 at 20:34:25

As long as the carb float valve is working properly there is no problem with Prime, except as noted,, youve got No REserve,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #20 - 06/01/13 at 06:05:53

Well they sound similar anyway...when I first got the bike (owned it maybe 2 weeks) it ran great...as the weather started to cool around here I began riding to work and in the mornings I would notice it starting to stumble and lurch a little.
The first couple times I rolled up to a light and rolled off the throttle it would just die...I'd fire it back up and it would get me to work but I found myself feathering the throttle whenever I came to a light.
When I would leave work the temperature was warmer and the bike ran great.
did this for about a week...got fed up, ordered the raptor (my very first mod) and it has never happened again... it was a cheap easy fix and wasn't going to hurt anything so why not?

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #21 - 06/01/13 at 06:14:44

Mine did the same thing when I first got it. Ran fairly well till it got cold out side. Then I discovered the fuel screw was only turned out 1 & 1/2 turns. Turning it out to 2 & 1/2 turns really helped. Of course I re jetted later and added a raptor. Smiley

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 17:13:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2006 Boulevard s40 hesitation issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.