Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Teaching my wife on a S-40 Suzuki Boulevard. (Read 273 times)
TobyJug
YaBB Newbies

Kamloops, BC, Canada
Re: Teaching my wife on a S-40 Suzuki Boulevard.
Reply #15 - 05/26/13 at 16:39:40

Speaking as an ex instructor, my advice is to do what's already been said and give her lots of positive reinforcement and be prepared to bite your tongue even more.

IP Logged
Dodgeman
YaBB Newbies

Wallaceburg Ontario, Canada
Reply #16 - 05/26/13 at 16:56:49

Thanks TobyJug.  I'll try to remember that Tip!!  LOL.  I asked her if she would want somebody else to teach her, and she said that  she trusted me because I taught her the first time also.  There has been a lot of good positive suggestions on here which I will incorporate in teaching her.  Thanks to all who gave tips and ideas!!!    Wink

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #17 - 05/27/13 at 03:02:47

The best thing I ever did, after a twenty seven year absence from motorcycling, was to have a two hour refresher course with a professional instructor. I'm sure Canada must have similar courses to the American MSF course, and no risk of domestic disputes.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dodgeman
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 05/27/13 at 03:27:22

If the idle setting is not enough to let her work the clutch, and get the bike moving without touching the gas, is it hard to adjust the idle speed??

IP Logged
DavidOfMA

Getting back in gear
after a long time
away

Beverly, MA
Reply #19 - 05/27/13 at 07:03:55

Dodgeman wrote on 05/27/13 at 03:27:22:
If the idle setting is not enough to let her work the clutch, and get the bike moving without touching the gas, is it hard to adjust the idle speed??

A pretty good substitute for the course, if that's not available, is these books: "Proficient Motorcycling" and the MSF's "Guide to Motorcycling Excellence." I read them both (and also the sequel to "Proficient Motorcycling") before I got on the saddle again after a 33 year hiatus, and they were both really helpful, particularly at learning to anticipate hazards.

- David
  IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #20 - 05/27/13 at 07:13:54

You could change the throttle to a longer pull ( have to twist more to get the same pull has stock) we used to use short pull on our drag bikes for years ( less twist to full throttle) hope it helps. Cool

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #21 - 05/27/13 at 07:29:27

She just needs to practice and learn throttle control. Smiley

I keep mine in a building down in the back yard. I rode it up to the house in wet grass this morning. Clutch and throttle control keeps me out of trouble. Cool

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Dodgeman
YaBB Newbies

Reply #22 - 05/27/13 at 08:39:52

apache snow-FSO wrote on 05/27/13 at 07:29:27:
She just needs to practice and learn throttle control. Smiley

I keep mine in a building down in the back yard. I rode it up to the house in wet grass this morning. Clutch and throttle control keeps me out of trouble. Cool

Yep!  I will work with her with patience.  I'm glad I found this forum.  I will teach her to fether the Clutch, and the throttle until she gets accustomed to it.  Thanks for the info!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 21:28:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Teaching my wife on a S-40 Suzuki Boulevard.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.