Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Biotech Leader Covered Up Animal Deaths From GM Co (Read 125 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Biotech Leader Covered Up Animal Deaths From GM Co
05/12/13 at 14:45:43

Biotech Leader Covered Up Animal Deaths From GM Corn

By Anthony Gucciardi, Natural Society

16 June 12

n a riveting victory against genetically modified creations, a major biotech company known as Syngenta has been criminally charged for denying knowledge that its GM Bt corn actually kills livestock. What's more is not only did the company deny this fact, but they did so in a civil court case that ended back in 2007. The charges were finally issued after a long legal struggle against the mega corp initiated by a German farmer named Gottfried Gloeckner whose dairy cattle died after eating the Bt toxin and coming down with a ‘mysterious' illness.

Grown on his own farm from 1997 to 2002, the cows on the farm were all being fed exclusively on Syngenta's Bt 176 corn by the year 2000. It was around this time that the mysterious illnesses began to emerge among the cattle population. Syngenta paid Gloeckner 40,000 euros in an effort to silence the farmer, however a civil lawsuit was brought upon the company. Amazingly, 2 cows ate genetically modified maize (now banned in Poland over serious concerns) and died. During the civil lawsuit, however, Syngenta refused to admit that its GM corn was responsible. In fact, they went as far as to claim having no knowledge whatsoever of harm.

The case was dismissed and Gloeckner, the farmer who launched the suit, was left thousands of euros in debt. And that's not all; Gloeckner continued to lose many cows as a result of Syngenta's modified Bt corn. After halting the use of GM feed in 2002, Gloeckner attempted a full investigation with the Robert Koch Institute and Syngenta involved. The data of this investigation is still unavailable to the public, and only examined one cow. In 2009, however, the Gloeckner teamed up with a German action group known as Bündnis Aktion Gen-Klage and to ultimately bring Syngenta to the criminal court.

Using the testimony of another farmer whose cows died after eating Syngenta product, Gloeckner and the team have charged the biotech giant for the death of over 65 cows, withholding knowledge of the death-link, and holding the corporation liable for not registering the cattle deaths. The team is even charging Hans-Theo Jahmann, the German head of Syngenta , personally over the withholding of knowledge.

The charges bring to light just how far large biotechnology companies will go to conceal evidence linking their genetically modified products to serious harm. Monsanto, for example, has even threatened to sue the entire state of Vermont if they attempt to label its genetically modified ingredients. Why are they so afraid of the consumer knowing what they are putting in their mouths?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Biotech Leader Covered Up Animal Deaths From G
Reply #1 - 05/12/13 at 17:38:57

Why are they so afraid of the consumer knowing what they are putting in their mouths?

Geee,,, thats quite a question, innitt?
YOu dont spose its because they KNOW what theyre selling is deadly, do ya?

Globalists make $$$ selling toxic foods to their victims. Its a 3D chess game, They make $$$ when the product sells. Some people are more affected than others. All are affected over time. They make $$$ when the victims go to the Dr & then the pharmacy, to pay for the drugs to treat the symptoms. Its a wealth transfer scheme created by eugenicists.
They make $$$ while they cull the herd,, its pure evil.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 05/14/13 at 20:54:19

New App Lets You Boycott Monsanto And More By Scanning Your Shopping Cart

http://www.realfarmacy.com/new-app-lets-you-boycott-monsanto-and-more-by-scan...

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/15/13 at 05:47:36

Monsanto wins Supreme Court case on GMO soybean seeds

you're gonna be pulling a lot of stuff out of that shopping cart....

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #4 - 05/21/13 at 16:21:05

Hungary destroy all Monsanto GMO Corn Fields

Hungary has taken a bold stand against biotech giant Monsanto and genetic modification by destroying 1000 acres of maize found to have been grown with genetically modified seeds, according to Hungary deputy state secretary of the Ministry of Rural Development Lajos Bognar. Unlike many European Union countries, Hungary is a nation where genetically modified (GM) seeds are banned. In a similar stance against GM ingredients, Peru has also passed a 10 year ban on GM foods.

Almost 1000 acres of maize found to have been ground with genetically modified seeds have been destroyed throughout Hungary, deputy state secretary of the Ministry of Rural Development Lajos Bognar said. The GMO maize has been ploughed under, said Lajos Bognar, but pollen has not spread from the maize, he added.

Unlike several EU members, GMO seeds are banned in Hungary. The checks will continue despite the fact that seek traders are obliged to make sure that their products are GMO free, Bognar said.

Read more at http://www.realfarmacy.com/hungary-destroys-all-monsanto-gmo-corn-fields/#S8k...

Also banned in:

France
Germany
Austria
Luxembourg
Greece
Bulgaria
Poland.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/22/13 at 06:11:10

Connecticut wanted to start with labeling... but was shut down.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/324345

There must be a LOT of dollars in play. More than I originally assumed.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/22/13 at 18:17:28

Gee,, I wunner why Bammy doesnt just straight up pull the plug on these creeps.. Talk about SUPPORT!!! He would score HUGE.. If he would crush Monsatan & drive labeling thru I would send him a thank you letter..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 05/22/13 at 18:37:08

Can ANY politician  stand up to a billion and billions dollar monster corporation?...No, but hey, that's "Capitalism" at it's powerful finest. The Corps. run the show and call the shots, It's the American way, you know, the "United States of Corporations.

And this is the NEW Capitalism where people are forced to work 39 hours a week instead of 40 hours just so the corporations don't have to pay benefits...job security?? Ha ha, that was your grandfather's Capitalism. Today you may be hired one day and gone the next....phfft. Today's Capitalism in it's current form is a crime against the working 90%. Capitalism indeed.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #8 - 05/22/13 at 20:13:58

Could the Monsanto Protection Act get repealed?
By Claire Thompson

Smuggled into the bill President Obama was forced to avert a government shutdown in March was a sneaky little rider called the “farmer assurance provision.” It’s since come to be known as the Monsanto Protection Act, being very assuring to the biotech giant, if no one else. It allows farmers to plant genetically modified crops before they’ve been declared safe by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in defiance of court orders suspending planting until environmental reviews can be completed.

Once food-advocacy groups and then the general public found out about the quietly passed provision, outcry against it spread, in the form of petitions and even rare displays of bipartisan solidarity. On Monday, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) announced that he’s introducing an amendment to the Senate version of the farm bill that would repeal the Monsanto Protection Act in its entirety.

“The Monsanto Protection Act is an outrageous example of a special interest loophole,” said Merkley in a press release. “This provision nullifies the actions of a court that is enforcing the law to protect farmers, the environment and public health. That is unacceptable.” ...................(more)

The complete piece is at: http://grist.org/news/could-the-monsanto-protection-act-get-repealed/

Monsanto is a cancer on this planet.

And none of that Capitalism at work creating jobs crap.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #9 - 05/22/13 at 20:39:14

How many employees has Monsanto killed? Jog can you answer that?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/23/13 at 04:15:16

And this is the NEW Capitalism where people are forced to work 39 hours a week instead of 40 hours just so the corporations don't have to pay benefits...job security?? Ha ha, that was your grandfather's Capitalism. Today you may be hired one day and gone the next....phfft. Today's Capitalism in it's current form is a crime against the working 90%. Capitalism indeed.

This is an attitude I can't understand. I guess that's why we will always see things differently Star. Cut down to 39 hours, lost your benefits and what do you do? Sit there, pregnant dog and moan; take it 'like a man"?

Screw that, walk away and work someplace else. If you're gonna let youself get screwed over; then whose fault is it really? We're all free agents. You don't like we're you're working, find some place else. If everyone did that, the laws of supply and demand would come into play and employers would be forced to alter what they do in order to attract workers. When we sit back and allow unions or government rules to do our dirty work for us, this is what we get.

Monsanto is just a company doing business. They are no different than the federal government for that matter. I wish Star were as upset as what the IRS has done as he is about Monsanto. Uncle Sam is far more dangerous to you than Monsanto....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 05/23/13 at 06:13:00

Wouldnt know how many Monsatan has killed, employee or otherwise, but theyre responsible for many deaths. Farmers in other countries have killed themselves after being ruined by Monsatan. Their products are toxic & killing & injuring people all over the place. Slowly,, so, you dont eat a burger & die & the doctor says, LOOK, it was the Burger,, no,, you develop chronic illnesses,, any evidence of that? Naaawwww,, except for all the people who are weak & sick,, we are a healthy nation.
What I dont understand is how the hayull do we find people to play sports..

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 05/23/13 at 10:29:34

WebsterMark wrote on 05/23/13 at 04:15:16:
This is an attitude I can't understand. I guess that's why we will always see things differently Star. Cut down to 39 hours, lost your benefits and what do you do? Sit there, pregnant dog and moan; take it 'like a man"?

Screw that, walk away and work someplace else. If you're gonna let youself get screwed over; then whose fault is it really? We're all free agents. You don't like we're you're working, find some place else. If everyone did that, the laws of supply and demand would come into play and employers would be forced to alter what they do in order to attract workers. When we sit back and allow unions or government rules to do our dirty work for us, this is what we get.

This is a BS line of reasoning. Why ?
1. If you walk away - you will starve to death in short order.
2. The other companies in your town have all got the memo, and they have done the same thing.
3. The employment policy usually is last in - first out, as in it rewards seniority.
If we had an infinite life span, as well as an ability to pay our bille and live and continue our normal life when looking for work, this idea is feasible.
You dont want employees to collude and collectively bargain.
The companies are colluding and collectively bargaining. Lets try this - how did citi group, B of A, JPMC, wachovia, wells fargo, GMAC, countrywide, washington mutual, lehmann brothers, Bear stearns and AIG all demand for a bail out on the same day or within a few days of each other ?

Yea ... the management of those companies have 100% collusion.

A non unionized single worker will starve to death if he walks away from a job in protest just cos they cut his hours and benefits.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/23/13 at 14:42:01

2. The other companies in your town have all got the memo, and they have done the same thing.
3. The employment policy usually is last in - first out, as in it rewards seniority.
If we had an infinite life span, as well as an ability to pay our bille and live and continue our normal life when looking for work, this idea is feasible.
The companies are colluding and collectively bargaining. Lets try this - how did citi group, B of A, JPMC, wachovia, wells fargo, GMAC, countrywide, washington mutual, lehmann brothers, Bear stearns and AIG all demand for a bail out on the same day or within a few days of each other ?

Holy Crap! I can't believe you typed that nonsense. Did you grow up in communist Russia or something? This is what I mean; I don't recognize the world  you live in.

1)      Starve to death?! Seriously! Get another job!
2)      BS!
3)      Again, go find someplace else to work.
I’ve walked away from probably 10 jobs in my life. Companies don’t control you….

The bailout stuff you are talking about has nothing to do with what the conversation is about. The people at the top of those companies don't get involved with hiring people at the level we deal with.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 05/24/13 at 07:45:08

WebsterMark wrote on 05/23/13 at 14:42:01:

Holy Crap! I can't believe you typed that nonsense. Did you grow up in communist Russia or something? This is what I mean; I don't recognize the world  you live in.

1)      Starve to death?! Seriously! Get another job!
2)      BS!
3)      Again, go find someplace else to work.
I’ve walked away from probably 10 jobs in my life. Companies don’t control you….

The bailout stuff you are talking about has nothing to do with what the conversation is about. The people at the top of those companies don't get involved with hiring people at the level we deal with.

I've walked away from several jobs too, including most recently from JP morgan.
However I also wont say its an answer to employers trying to shaft you. Sometimes you can not walk away. I have tried to walk away quite a few times, and failed.
I am not leaving one job that puts food on the table without another one in hand.
You're in a whole other world Mr Ceo - The companies collude with each other at a level we rank and file employees dream about. That bail out was the biggest example of that.
Have you walked away from 1 job only to find your new employer wants to call the previous one ?
I dunno, I didn't grow up in russia, I have however been unemployed enough to not chance walking away without the next job lined up.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:58:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Biotech Leader Covered Up Animal Deaths From GM Co

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.