Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
why does this have to be so difficult?¿? (Read 545 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: why does this have to be so difficult?¿?
Reply #30 - 05/15/13 at 18:02:23

See response #68 in the Double RYCA Build thread here:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1304722902/60

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #31 - 05/15/13 at 19:03:57

Awesome thnx. but this just brings up more questions for me.
For instance:  That plate that holds the Jet needle (i have a Dina jet needle) and eclip and spacer etc,,, the bump on mine is nowhere near the center for it to be pushing down on any washer. as mine sits I just raise that eclip up to where the top of the spacer would be (spacer being that spacer mod everyones talking about shave down white spacer). so I could see how if the dimple sat closer to the center where the needle is it may be pushing down on that washer, but that's not even possible on mine. I am interested To know if I have the wrong plate or what.

Secondly, that led me to an interesting thread where people were cutting the enrichment spring deeley.... so are you telling me that I should put my 55 w/bh back in and a 160main in there and just cut the spring? that sounded like it had some pretty nasty consequences when gone wrong. I guess it wouldn't really apply to me anyway seeing as how I couldn't get a proper Idle messing with mixture screw, had to close it all the way for the 55w/bh.

And thirdly, that carb rebuild kit they're talking about,, would that happen to contain a new plate where the dimple is close to the center? actually what would that kit contain that I couldn't just take apart clean off and reuse? I could see how you would read this and think I'm an ass for asking the questions the way I do, but I'm actually just really intrigued.
 what else do you know that I don't know?

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #32 - 05/15/13 at 19:12:36

From the picture you posted, your plate is the stock plate. the dimple is in the same position as mine.

I do not mess with the enrichment spring. I have never needed to. The only way I would take it apart is to clean it. But thats just me.

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #33 - 05/15/13 at 19:44:17

oh wait im an idoit,, ya the dimple on my plate is all good.

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #34 - 05/16/13 at 06:28:25

For what it's worth...
When I was all into messing with this carb I had a guy on the forum send me a lighter spring for the enrichment valve (he had great luck with eliminating his backfire on shutdown)...
Anyway, I installed it rather than cut my spring (which meant not going back)...bike ran like crap...smoked like crazy, no power etc, etc...
I removed it...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:24:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › why does this have to be so difficult?¿?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.