Send Topic Print
My 86' Restoration (Read 68 times)
T-Ruxx
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

My 86' Restoration
05/08/13 at 19:43:51

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. I got a Savage last summer for next to nothing,it had been wrecked, but was all there. I tore it apart this last winter. Now the sun has appeared the last couple days and the riding bug has bit me hard.

Been scrubbing on it, planning on building a bobber.I wanted to stretch the frame a bit, at 6'4" I feel a bit cramped, but I'm broke, so I'm just going with a stock build.

Long story short,I painted the frame a couple days ago, just got done painting the sheet metal, and have been polishing the shiny stuff in the evenings. On top of that, I got a 1954 international pickup restoration I'm up to my elbows in, not to mention several other various projects.What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger I guess. Wink

I wanted to thank you all here for the fantastic web site! What a valuable and seeming endless amount of information and knowledge to be found here. For that I am deeply indebted to everyone here,Thanks!

See you on the road soon, Greg

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: My 86' Restoration
Reply #1 - 05/08/13 at 20:44:42

the pre'95's have a flaw, the one way clutch for the starter.
if the engine spins backward on shutdown, that big piston has enough power to bust out the mounts or gear teeth.

either snub out the spin when you shut down or do this...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1288911670

WWW   IP Logged
T-Ruxx
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: My 86' Restoration
Reply #2 - 05/08/13 at 23:31:00

Thanks for the heads up. I am aware of the cam chain tensioner,the leaky plug in the head, and the petcock problems, are there any other things that need addressed while the engine is out?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:33:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My 86' Restoration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.