Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You need a mass shooting. (Read 124 times)
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: You need a mass shooting.
Reply #15 - 04/30/13 at 15:37:16

[quoteWow ... so you're saying that is not in the amendment ... or what else ?
Read the whole amendment and get back to me.
Cool.
Srinath. [/quote]

From my copy of the Constitution:

"A well regulated Militia,being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That's the whole Amendment. Nothing about standing armies in there that I can see. You sure you're talking about the US Constitution Roll Eyes

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 04/30/13 at 17:29:48

You 2 may want to read the entire document - and not just the parts you like -

Section 8

1:  The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2:  To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3:  To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4:  To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

5:  To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

6:  To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

7:  To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

8:  To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

9:  To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

10:  To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

11:  To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

12:  To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AKA ... army only when needed.

From a reputable source - not NRA news -

However you are correct - its not the second amendment - its in the constitution - appears before the 2nd amendment both in chronology and in the order in which is it presented.

And when reading the text of the second amendment - you are missing this bit - being necessary to the security of a free State ... since they already have mentioned there wont be a standing army - its referred here in the 2nd.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 04/30/13 at 17:31:00

I got it from - http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #18 - 04/30/13 at 17:41:17

[quote]so you're saying that is not in the amendment ... or what else ?
Read the whole amendment and get back to me.[quote/]

Yeah, it's not in the amendment.  And You're the one who said it was. Get slapped with the facts and you just change the conversation. Bye.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 04/30/13 at 17:54:12

Correct OldNSlow, in the constitution not the amendment.

However you are still ignoring the fact it is in the constitution ... I am not changing the conversation. Its still part of the constitution and was part of it before the 2nd amendment was even introduced.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #20 - 05/01/13 at 15:13:20

One positive thing has happened in my area because of Newtown. NC is building a new mental hospital in my town. Mental treatment is the only hope we have to keep people from killing each other.  No written law will ever accomplish that. Anything can be used for a weapon and the law abiding citizens deserve to keep their guns. They've earned the right to , not to mention shooting and hunting are enjoyable sports just like golf.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 05/01/13 at 16:54:06

Wait till the TEA baggers start screeching about govt expense and how the librull are committing the citizens and disarming them.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 05/06/13 at 09:50:13

Starlifter wrote on 04/29/13 at 18:58:47:
The NRA used to be like an extension of "Field And Stream". There was a time the NRA was all about preserving wilderness areas,

They even advised farmers to set up their fence lines so migrating herds of deer would be able to pass.

They were about promoting healthy herds and promoted the idea of father and son spending quality time walking in the woods together. There were even articles on setting up a duck blind and training your dog to fetch the ducks without crushing them.

Now they are nothing but a catalogue of guns with articles about arming up against the government and the United Nations.

The NRA promotes no restrictions on gun availability or ownership
The NRA actively works to repeal any and all gun legislation
The NRA opposes all additional regulation
The NRA coerces legislators by openly *grading* responses to bills
The NRA puts false information in their ads for candidates

The NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Organization.

The NRA tactics are nothing short of terrorism. Probably because they have a combined IQ of a shoe. They are a bull in the china shop while hiding like a coward behind the Constitution.
Virtually every part of the Constitution has reasonable restrictions while still maintaining the spirit and intent of it. It MUST be no different for the second amendment. I am a gun owner and I support the second amendment, but just not unrestrained like the neandertals in the NRA.

The Second Amendment has become an object of idolatry instead of what it is - a flawed document written by flawed human beings at a time when the worst firearms society had were flintlock muzzle-loading pistols and muskets with very questionable accuracy. There is no way the Founders could have foreseen AK-47's or AR-15's.

The "militia" clause has been stood on its head by crackpots who buy survivalists junk at their local Army/Navy, blast hell out of their back 40, listen to Limbaugh, watch Fux, and call themselves a "militia." We've had enough of that here in Michigan.

The "militia" IS:

The Army and Air National Guard
The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard Reserve
Legally-constituted State Guards controlled by State Governors and Adjutants-General.

Buying an AR-15 and joining the NRA does not make you part of "a well-regulated Militia."

The NRA promotes no restrictions on gun availability or ownership
Show me

The NRA actively works to repeal any and all gun legislation

No, they dont. The NRA is really Not a Patriots friend. They aided in the 68 gun laws.
The NRA opposes all additional regulation
The NRA coerces legislators by openly *grading* responses to bills
Coerces? REally? YOU mean it is Coercion to make Public what Public Servants DO? REally?

The NRA puts false information in their ads for candidates

Well,, IF they do, thats wrong, they shouldnt do that.. NOt aware of too many who dont, but, thats not justification.

The NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Organization.

Thats YOUR opinion.
A terrorist is anyone or group who behave in the same way governments behave without their approval.

The MIlitia is The People. There was no provision for a standing army. In fact, Having a standing army wasnt desired.

The RIGHT of the People to Keep & Bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed.

Now, you go read that other part however you want, but, if you come back & try to tell me that somehow in that other part of the 2nd Amendment there is a call to keep arms OUT of the hands of the average person then you will have found a place where they 100% contradicted themselves.. IT doesnt mean what you want it to mean. Get over it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:37:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › You need a mass shooting.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.