Send Topic Print
Extremist Religions (Read 111 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Extremist Religions
04/26/13 at 09:16:30

An extremely disturbing trend in the US military apparently continues – a trend toward identifying Christian organizations as potentially hostile or dangerous. And this latest example of the top-down indoctrination of our military borders on the unbelievable.

Todd Starnes of Fox News has the story:

The U.S. Military has blocked access to the Southern Baptist Convention’s website on an unknown number of military bases because it contains “hostile content” — just weeks after an Army briefing labeled Evangelical Christians and Roman Catholics as examples of religious extremism, Fox News has learned.

The Southern Baptist Convention is the nation’s largest Protestant denomination known for its support of the pro-life movement and its strong belief in traditional marriage.

Southern Baptist chaplains reported that SBC.net had been blocked at military installations around the nation. The censorship was made public after an Army officer tried to log onto the denomination’s website and instead — received a warning message.

“The site you have requested has been blocked by Team CONUS (C-TNOSC/RCERT-CONUS) due to hostile content,” the message read.

Team CONUS protects the computer network of the Dept. of Defense. The SBC’s website was not blocked at the Pentagon.

It’s unclear what the “hostile content” might have been. The SBC is pro-life and opposed to same-sex marriage.

LibertyNEWS will investigate this situation and publish a more in-depth story later today.

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/04/us-military-claims-christian-website-conta...

--Steve

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Extremist Religions
Reply #1 - 04/26/13 at 18:06:06

FOX news eh?............ Grin Grin Grin Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/26/13 at 19:18:57

All religion is extreme!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #3 - 04/26/13 at 19:41:39

Sad,but not unexpected! Christians have to come to grips with the fact(myself included)that many people that claim to be of our faith have this "hostile" attitude. I grew up in the Southern Baptist churches and...sure enough.....we were taught that "we" were the only "right" ones,and everyone else was going to burn in Hell. Even while preaching forgiveness and tolerance this doctrine was being spouted!

Stop and think about it....we call ourselves "Christian Soldiers". We donate millions of dollars to "fight against sin. We denounce homosexuality and other practices that are against our beliefs.

How else are we to be viewed? Have we forgotten that Jesus walked beside and sat down to meals with the "unclean and lost"? Have we forgotten that He taught "hate the sin but love the sinner"?

And just in case you're wondering.....serving the homeless Thanksgiving dinner at the soup kitchen once a year does not qualify as "loving the sinner"!

I agree that it's not right to prevent our Armed Service personnel  from accessing the Southern Baptist site...or a Buddist site, or other site relevant to their beliefs as long as it does not endanger the American way of life.

And one last thought.......remember it was Christians that waged one of the bloodiest wars in history...the Crusades......and all in the name of Christ!

If I've offended any Christians with this.....then GOOD!!! It's time we rethink our percieved Christian values and got back to the teachings of Christ!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Doug

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texarkana, AR
Reply #4 - 04/26/13 at 20:10:28

I don't really get which direction ZAR is going. People are dangerous. Religion -to me- has it's uses, but ultimatly is a distraction from responsibility in most cases. When I went to church as a lad, all I heard was, "be good ...but if you're not, don't worry about it, you're forgiven ...so long as you donate and talk to some guy in the porta potty looking thing over there in the corner." LOL -back on subject. I think the military is a threat to our saftey because it is controlled by the government, whom tries to control us... So crappity smack their rights!

"Can't do + won't do = don't do. Can do + will do = do do." xD
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 04/26/13 at 23:28:10

Its not whether you're religious or not, does not have anything to do with religion. Its a Direct Violation Of The Constitution!!!!!! How much more of their sh!t are we gonna take?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/27/13 at 06:54:49

And one last thought.......remember it was Christians that waged one of the bloodiest wars in history...the Crusades......and all in the name of Christ!

that is not even remotely close to the truth. The Crusades were far from the bloodiest wars. In fact, if the exact same war had been conducted by any other group and the death toll the same, I doubt you'd even have heard about it.

It's common to say religion has started more wars and killed more people than all others combined, but that's just not true.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/27/13 at 06:56:30

How else are we to be viewed? Have we forgotten that Jesus walked beside and sat down to meals with the "unclean and lost"? Have we forgotten that He taught "hate the sin but love the sinner"?

all true Zar, but he also got up and left saying "go forth and sin no more."

The healthy don't need a doctor, but the point of a doctor is to cure. Don't confuse compassion with tolerance. they are not the same.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 04/27/13 at 07:26:57

Religion is about which fairy tale you believe.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 04/27/13 at 09:51:14

Midnightrider wrote on 04/26/13 at 23:28:10:
Its not whether you're religious or not, does not have anything to do with religion. Its a Direct Violation Of The Constitution!!!!!! How much more of their sh!t are we gonna take?

when you're in the military your constitutional rights aren't the same as a regular citizen

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 04/27/13 at 11:56:26

The military use to have pastors and priest. As far as classified information the military has different rights but to shield an individual from Christianity is unconstitutional unless they (the religion) threatens violence. I'm not fighting for religion, I'm fighting for the Constitution. It is being attacked more and more everyday.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 04/27/13 at 12:06:01

Do schools have the freedom of religion,No so I don't see the military should either,If your in the military you have your week ends and you can spent all that time praying if you want too. The constitution was made many years ago It should be updated to 2013.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 04/27/13 at 15:37:09

Well, your first post in this thread actually made sense... whether you choose the term myth or fairy tale is irrelevant.

You have your weekends in the military... have you ever served on active duty in peace time, let alone in an on call status as they are in now? Your time off is IF, not when, the unit says you can have time off. I was active duty stationed in Spain during the Bosnia mess. We had guys pulled back from leave in the States when the unit was called to standby status. Our detachments to Italy, Crete, Iceland, England and Germany were ALL pulled back to NSA Rota for main body mandatory field ops training.

When you go active duty, you are on borrowed time. Forget "normal" schedules.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 04/27/13 at 16:26:12

1962-1964 in Fort Knox  45 days in 1966 Fort Leonard Wood.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 04/27/13 at 17:22:07

Okay, different era. I was stationed in Europe in 95/96.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:10

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Extremist Religions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.