Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ah, 4:20... which holiday is yours... (Read 245 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Ah, 4:20... which holiday is yours...
04/20/13 at 16:29:23

National Stoner Day?

-OR-

Adolf Hitler's Birthday...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag mein Führer
4/20/1889 - 4/30/1945

Inquiring minds want to know....

Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Ah, 4:20... which holiday is yours...
Reply #1 - 04/20/13 at 20:38:42

National Stoner Day!

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 04/21/13 at 10:36:36

I dont mind stoner day ... just that stoner means someone who's always stoned ... not one who does it for fun -

How about MotoGP austin day -

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/moto-gp

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 04/21/13 at 10:58:10

MotoGP? You actually watch that? I don't even thumb through Cycle World anymore with all its sport bike and dirt bike content.

Now if there had a been a nice vintage bike race on the tube yesterday... would have gone well with the Bavarian style brats, kraut, potatoes and hot bread... washed down with ice cold beer...

4/20 when I lived in the Seattle area was always a major league party. KISW radio used to have a gathering at Jimi Hendrix's grave...  Cool

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #4 - 04/21/13 at 14:24:18

On April 20th, I went to the Texas Association of First Responders cook-off.  It was a lot of tasty food!  So, how about Firefighter Appreciation day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kEdr4FmbwU

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/21/13 at 16:15:04

Yes I can dig that, though I sat @ home and scratched the MZ carbs, the B&K power amp boards and modding CD players and fixing assorted electronica ...

Oh yea, and a "shoot the terrorist bastige day ... "

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #6 - 04/21/13 at 16:18:13

How about none of the above,  I support neither of them. This of course is speaking to the OP of the thread, and another un-named self inhabited person of this area of the forum that thinks he's the king and solve it all of the worlds problems.  Grin

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 04/21/13 at 16:29:51

rfw2003 wrote on 04/21/13 at 16:18:13:
How about none of the above,  I support neither of them. This of course is speaking to the OP of the thread, and another un-named self inhabited person of this area of the forum that thinks he's the king and solve it all of the worlds problems.  Grin

R.F.

You do know that its your bias that makes you keep saying these things in every thread dont you ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 04/21/13 at 17:58:13

srinath wrote on 04/21/13 at 16:15:04:
Yes I can dig that, though I sat @ home and scratched the MZ carbs, the B&K power amp boards and modding CD players and fixing assorted electronica ...

Cool.
Srinath.

B&K made a nice amp. I used to have one (the deluxe st 100 with better components in it), but it wouldn't drive my Maggies very well. (4 ohms, 86 db efficiency). I traded it in on a Classe CA 300 (600 watts into 4 ohms), and got a lot of value for the B&K on the trade. At 105 db the Classe runs slightly warm. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/21/13 at 18:12:06

arteacher wrote on 04/21/13 at 17:58:13:

Cool.
Srinath.

B&K made a nice amp. I used to have one (the deluxe st 100 with better components in it), but it wouldn't drive my Maggies very well. (4 ohms, 86 db efficiency). I traded it in on a Classe CA 300 (600 watts into 4 ohms), and got a lot of value for the B&K on the trade. At 105 db the Classe runs slightly warm. Wink

B&K and maggies ... what's with B&K and maggies ... that's exactly how this poor beast met its maker. He drove maggies playing jazz. Apparently it was not loud enough, so he cranked it, and poof went the amp.

Anyway this is a B& avr 507. I dunno about yours but this is frucked up by design. Turning it off with remote ... yes that's like hitting mute, it leaves the amp powered on, only shuts off input. What ... yea ... that's powering it off for them. Stupid.

I have atleast 1 pair of fried smoothing caps (yes coke can sized screw top caps costing 70-80 bones a piece ...) plus atleast 2 output transistors.

Classe stuff is good, but no matter what equipment you got, I'd put em on a monster 5100 or similar power conditioner, and turn that sucker off atleast nightly. I dont believe in amps that go to standby when you turn it off any more. I think its a design flaw when the amp stays powered up, when you say off.
They power on in 3 stages so your lights dont dim when you switch on ... but when you say off ... it means OFF.

BTW My carver 7 monoblocks when you turn them on, not only do the lights dim, they actually killed the 15 amp breaker in that room ... had lots of trouble with that one in the past, its maybe tripped off 10 times in 10 years, and the rest of my house not even 1-2. Anyway those guys worked like a circuit fault finder. I had to run to the store get a new breaker and swap it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 04/22/13 at 00:43:37

R.F.

Guess you won't be showing up for the September gathering...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 04/22/13 at 05:12:17

WD wrote on 04/22/13 at 00:43:37:

R.F.

Guess you won't be showing up for the September gathering...

I wasn't referring to you specifically WD just your 2 specified cerebrations.

As for showing up in Sept. Most likely not, although I wish I could.  It's during the school year and I'm a single father so it's kinda impossible for me to make it.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 04/22/13 at 07:03:13

I was just messing with you anyway. Pot and I are a money wasting combination, I'm immune to it. Always have been, but we're herb friendly.

As to the other... remember the General Lee? I have a same shade of orange Super Beetle named "Standartenfuhrer"... car is too little to be a general, so it's an SS colonel... it's good for laughs at the right shows.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #13 - 04/22/13 at 09:26:24

srinath wrote on 04/21/13 at 16:29:51:

R.F.

You do know that its your bias that makes you keep saying these things in every thread dont you ?

Cool.
Srinath.

You're soo vain, you probably think this post is about you, lalalala. Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #14 - 04/24/13 at 16:13:01

srinath wrote on 04/21/13 at 18:12:06:
arteacher wrote on 04/21/13 at 17:58:13:

Cool.
Srinath.

B&K and maggies ... what's with B&K and maggies ... that's exactly how this poor beast met its maker. He drove maggies playing jazz. Apparently it was not loud enough, so he cranked it, and poof went the amp.

Anyway this is a B& avr 507. I dunno about yours but this is frucked up by design. Turning it off with remote ... yes that's like hitting mute, it leaves the amp powered on, only shuts off input. What ... yea ... that's powering it off for them. Stupid.

I have atleast 1 pair of fried smoothing caps (yes coke can sized screw top caps costing 70-80 bones a piece ...) plus atleast 2 output transistors.

Classe stuff is good, but no matter what equipment you got, I'd put em on a monster 5100 or similar power conditioner, and turn that sucker off atleast nightly. I dont believe in amps that go to standby when you turn it off any more. I think its a design flaw when the amp stays powered up, when you say off.
They power on in 3 stages so your lights dont dim when you switch on ... but when you say off ... it means OFF.

BTW My carver 7 monoblocks when you turn them on, not only do the lights dim, they actually killed the 15 amp breaker in that room ... had lots of trouble with that one in the past, its maybe tripped off 10 times in 10 years, and the rest of my house not even 1-2. Anyway those guys worked like a circuit fault finder. I had to run to the store get a new breaker and swap it.

Cool.
Srinath.

I put in isolated ground outlets for the audio stuff in my listening room, with a 20 amp line for the power amp. There is NO line hiss at full volume because of this, a fact that impressed my audio engineer sons. The common consensus on leaving amps on is so that there is not a big start up surge (as you are experiencing) when you start them up, and the caps stay saturated (good for them) so there is minimal warm up time. If I listen to the system after it has been completely off for a while it takes 1-2 hrs for it to warm up and sound it's best.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:09:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ah, 4:20... which holiday is yours...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.