4000 miles..... (Read 73 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
4000 miles.....
04/09/13 at 03:32:04

I'm about to clock it on my new scooter, I believe service is recommended, but I misplaced my owners manual, anybody recall if that's right and what it is I should do? Thus far she has pulled her weight (and mine too) with nary a whimper...a few farts, ok, a lot of farting, but I sorta did that, its like its talking to me  Tongue

Thanks

BTW....30 years today wifeo and I have been married  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: 4000 miles.....
Reply #1 - 04/09/13 at 04:28:41

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 04/09/13 at 06:32:11

According to my owners book, and assuming the first service was done at 600mi, the only thing that needs to be done at 4000 is an oil and filter change, and a cleaning of the air filter - blow off the surface dirt with low pressure compressed air. Everything else is just inspections... CHECK valve clearance, cable adjustments, drive belt,brake fluid, brake lining wear, tires etc. Check for loose fasteners.

Next service according to book is at 7500. Oil and filter, new spark plug, replace air filter, repeat the checks.

Happy Anniversary !

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 04/09/13 at 07:33:39

Gotta love that bit about "check valve clearance." At that point, you have already done everything except the actual adjustment.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/09/13 at 08:27:53

I have a hard time believing that valve adjusting system could make 4,000 miles & not need adjusted. The adjusters have small tips that get pushed onto the valve ends. Theyre not heat treated. They flatten down & work harden & over time,will run more miles & require fewer adjustments, but initially, until I had about 12,000 on mine, it needed adjusted every 4 or 5 K miles.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 08:38:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 4000 miles.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.