Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Screw in bar end mirriors (Read 73 times)
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Screw in bar end mirriors
04/08/13 at 14:10:27

Hello,
I have some aftermarket handlebars (1") on my savage. They're pretty much like the Highway Hawk 1" bars that I've been using for well over a year now.  I bought some bar-end mirrors and adapters (here: http://www.jcmotors.com/p-33623-bikemaster-1-bar-end-mirror-adapters.aspx#.UW...) and they say they're 1". I slid them into the bars and they fall right out.  I don't have anything in the handle bars that would allow me to screw them in, I don't know if I am supposed to.  

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to use these? Thanks

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Screw in bar end mirriors
Reply #1 - 04/08/13 at 15:03:37

Looks to me like they expand as the nut is tightened...
You can try partially expanding them outside the bars, until it just barely slide in,... and then tighten to snug...
If they just won't expand enough... (like my bar-end mirror wouldn't),... just stuff something into the bars to take up some space...
(I tried several things... I think I ended up with some old innertube rubber. I can't really remember)...
(or it might have been wood shims)... Huh...

The point is,... to fill the space...
It seems hokey while yer' doing it,... but, once you get it snug, you'll forget the hokeyness and it'll be just dandy...
Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Screw in bar end mirriors
Reply #2 - 04/09/13 at 09:13:11

Thank you for that tip. I tried just that. I have the bikemaster mirrors that came with the 7/8" adapter already. I took pieces from that and used them to increase the width of the 1" mirrors (and used some muscle to expand the metal) then pushed it in. Rode about 1/4 mile at 50 MPH and didn't notice any sliding.  The place I ordered from sent one adapter though said to have been sold in pairs so they're shipping another by 4/12. I'll take a pic of my monkey job then. Cheesy  

Having the Highway Hawk bars and no big mirrors sticking up like antlers (more so because I had risers on those) makes for a totally different look on the bike. I'm pretty dang happy and someone who has seen my bike a number of times complimented me on "my new bike." So that was funny.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 08:28:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Screw in bar end mirriors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.