Send Topic Print
How many (Read 130 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
How many
04/04/13 at 11:06:48

How many people on here have had to use a gun against an intruder. And did you kill the intruder.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: How many
Reply #1 - 04/04/13 at 11:19:46

I have had to use my gun one time against an intruder in my life. No i didn't kill the intruder but got a good wound in that disabled the intruder. This was years ago when I was living in the city in Dallas, before I moved back out into the country side were I prefer to live.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/04/13 at 11:44:38

not personally, my dad did, when threatened with a crow bar, he wounded him.

WWW   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 04/04/13 at 11:51:07

I have not used a gun on an intruder.. but I have had cause to enter into a situation with my gun in hand. ( It was my mothers house and not mine...) The "intruder" was  man she hired to so some work. He was attempting to "shake her down" for more money.. when my presence convinced him it was time to move on.

I also was in route to a situation.. with my double barrel 12 ga in tow. My sisters boyfriend stated on the phone that he had a .357. I decided it was time for her to come home (and she at that point was agreeable). Her boyfriend decided to run away (on foot) rather than deal with the situation at hand. (note: double barrel shotguns with 28" barrels will not fit in the front seat of a '76 Pinto... and therefore you drive around with the side window down and the barrel sticking out.) Welcome to Mississippi.  

I cannot tell by your query, what you expect to show. I am in favor of personal ownship of legal fire-arms. I have equipped them as indicated above, and was well ready to use the tool needed for the job at the time. I suspect, that you hope to indicate that ownership exceeds the need. I tried that with my Algebra teacher, history teacher, and literature teacher... I failed.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/05/13 at 06:17:29

I was the victim of an attempted mugging.
I never fired.
It allowed me to create a buffer which allowed me to get to my vehicle and remove myself from the situation.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 04/05/13 at 07:06:31

More than once. No fatalities.

I carry every day on my farm. I've had to pull several times to run off trespassers, poachers and scrappers raiding my iron pile (I have a blacksmith shop, what they see as scrap to swap for crack, fortified wine  and malt liquor is money coming out of my pocket). I've had to run people out of our gardens and orchards at harvest time, they see that we've started shaking the trees and decide to help themselves to high dollar pecans. Or to the heirloom organic produce.

If I'm faced with the choice of pull and bluff or pull and shoot, no problems with either option. My standard farm carry large bore handgun can hit a paper plate at 100 yards. I practice, a lot. With a target sight equipped 7.5" barrel single action .45 revolver that has been modified to hold between 50 and 60 grains by volume FFFg black powder... that's rifle specs.

With the cost of ammunition these days, if I need to shoot, there are no warning shots.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 04/05/13 at 07:27:17

I am the weapon ...
I have a rifle got from a friend back in 95, seeing as he thought I lived near a few undesirable people. No one ever troubled me then, or now. There are people selling drugs in my hood, there was a shooting next door, there have been thefts next door, no one has come to "visit" looking for trouble. However I do suppose with the vertiable junkyard in my driveway people assume I am armed to the gills ... as well as the ones that dont know who assume a "bike gang lives here"

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 04/05/13 at 15:49:44

6'2" and 230lbs, I have just started to carry but did dislocate some guy's sholder when in a quick fight a few years ago but I was a different person then. Now I will try to walk away if possible, there are too many crazies out there so I'm not picking fights anymore.
To answer the question, no I've never pulled a gun or shot a human being yet.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #8 - 04/05/13 at 19:15:07

does mowing down rag heads with a 240 bravo in afghanistan count?

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 04/05/13 at 20:03:41

Just being offensive doesnt make one a "weapon"..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 04/07/13 at 13:11:27

Just carrying is a deterrent. I am a supply teacher and I have found that if I carry a meter stick (yard stick to you metrically challenged) as I walk around the classroom I get a lot less attitude from the tough kids. I put one end on my toe and walk around with it like a cane. Works a charm. I NEVER raise it as a threat. (could get into trouble).

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 04/07/13 at 14:32:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/05/13 at 20:03:41:
Just being offensive doesnt make one a "weapon"..

This wasn't directed @ me was it ?

If so - I guess disagreeing with your point of view makes me disagreeable ? Yea sure, the whole world revolves around you ...

The underlying reason people dont mess with me is that there is always a reason to hope that I can help them. I've had cops stop by and ask me if I can help them get their bike working ... I've also had drug dealers ask me if I can help their scooter/car ... and I say I cant work on it, I'm not a "mechanic" but try this or that ... in fact I tell cops that too.

I am useful to both sides, and I am likely armed to the teeth as they look @ me. Its like, there is no way this guy cant blow us away dialing the right number on his phone ... so we better not give him a reason to. It does not make sense to try to fight me.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 04/08/13 at 10:18:29

Sikh, thuggi or hashishan?

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 04/08/13 at 10:40:22

WD wrote on 04/08/13 at 10:18:29:
Sikh, thuggi or hashishan?

What ? I am not sikh, no idea what Thuggi is, hassishstan ? No Idea, but I am not from any of em "stan's"

I am from South India. I have the reputation I do in my hood cos I have been outside every daylight hour in the 10 years I've lived here that I have seen everything. I have achieved "grand old man" status inspite of being only 44.
No idea if any of this was what you were asking, but there it is.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 04/08/13 at 11:02:32

Thuggi were the thieves and murderers in the Kali cult of the 18th and early 19th centuries.

Hashishans are assassins... you might  know them as dervishes...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 01:58:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How many

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.