Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What is the most likely time (Read 255 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
What is the most likely time
04/03/13 at 12:36:27

that you would just straight up drop your bike?
For me, its stopping.
Ive dropped it at stop signs twice, I think, Once I am certain of. Sand & gravel, front brake, down.. I was standing there, it was on its side, between my legs, My butt was lined up with the seat, grabbed the bars, picked up & rode off,, no damage I can recall,It didnt slide,

Ive even nearly dropped it just because I kinda lost my balance, on good, clean, dry asphalt,, but that was when I first started. It finally got 2nd nature..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: What is the most likely time
Reply #1 - 04/03/13 at 13:36:20

Knock wood.. so far only once... dropped it on me.

Was washing the bike and had it out of gear... it dont take much to roll and poof .. off the kickstand and down she goes. I threw my shins under her... only scratches were on me.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 04/03/13 at 13:41:43

Moving it around in the garage......before I throw a leg over it or even start it.  That is when I feel the most vulnerable.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 04/03/13 at 13:54:03

I have dropped two different bikes when, having stopped and extended the sidestand, I discovered the sidestand was not as fully deployed as it should have been. One of those cost me a clutch lever. I dropped my KLR650 the first time I tried to get on it while wearing heavy winter clothing. Another clutch lever.

I usually feel most vulnerable just when I put my foot down at a stop and discover gravel or slippery pavement under foot.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/03/13 at 17:56:58

Ahhh,, NOW we are getting somewhere,, buncha guys, talking, sharing when we feel most vulnerable,, bonding,, ohh the joy..Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #5 - 04/03/13 at 18:07:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/13 at 17:56:58:
Ahhh,, NOW we are getting somewhere,, buncha guys, talking, sharing when we feel most vulnerable,, bonding,, ohh the joy..Smiley

LMAO

The only time I have dropped a bike was the last time I parked it at the MSF course last spring. I just completed the last excercise, the dreaded figure eight followed by the emergency stop, and was so excited I kind of sort of forgot to put the stand down. They let me pass anyway.

In anticipation of more interaction with old man gravity, I just ordered a Cobra engine guard for the new C50.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 04/03/13 at 18:14:43

When I'm trying to hold it perfectly vertical while I bend over with a flashlite clenched in my teeth so I can look in the stupid sight glass to check the oil. Suzuki never heard of a dipstick?!!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #7 - 04/03/13 at 18:23:38

oldNslow wrote on 04/03/13 at 18:14:43:
When I'm trying to hold it perfectly vertical while I bend over with a flashlite clenched in my teeth so I can look in the stupid sight glass to check the oil. Suzuki never heard of a dipstick?!!

Easy way to prevent that oldNslow....... I kneel beside the bike(right side of course)reach over the seat with my left hand while holding the worklight in my right hand and pull the bike toward me until it's straight up. Works better than the other ways I've tried.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 04/03/13 at 18:40:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/13 at 17:56:58:

Yep, Male Bondage......or something like that!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 04/03/13 at 18:46:55

I've dropped or crashed every bike I've ever owned,... except this one,..
This one, I'm gonna' keep shiny side up...

...(frantically knocking wood all over the place)... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 04/03/13 at 19:03:21

ZAR wrote on 04/03/13 at 18:23:38:

Easy way to prevent that oldNslow....... I kneel beside the bike(right side of course)reach over the seat with my left hand while holding the worklight in my right hand and pull the bike toward me until it's straight up. Works better than the other ways I've tried.

Yup, thats pretty much what I do. I need to hold the flashlite in my mouth though, cause I need one hand on the ground to keep ME from tipping over Smiley Getting my head that close to the ground isn't as easy as it used to be. I haven't actually dropped THIS bike yet, but there's still time.

Lot my bikes from the(somewhat distant) past were dirt bikes. Since yer supposed to fall down ridin' them I'm not countin' those crashes.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 04/03/13 at 19:07:22

mine is normally on asphalt that has just started to be rained on when I'm coming to a stop, where all the oils are starting to come up out of it, and get really slick. That's when I have the biggest issue, but I do try to avoid that situation by keeping an eye on the weather reports.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 04/03/13 at 19:20:41

oldNslow wrote on 04/03/13 at 19:03:21:

Yup, thats pretty much what I do. I need to hold the flashlite in my mouth though, cause I need one hand on the ground to keep ME from tipping over Smiley Getting my head that close to the ground isn't as easy as it used to be. I haven't actually dropped THIS bike yet, but there's still time.

Lot my bikes from the(somewhat distant) past were dirt bikes. Since yer supposed to fall down ridin' them I'm not countin' those crashes.

You guys are silly, place a brick or block of wood under the kickstand so that's nearly vertical, then get on you knees use both hands on the flashlight.

WWW   IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #13 - 04/03/13 at 19:49:53

verslagen1 wrote on 04/03/13 at 19:20:41:
oldNslow wrote on 04/03/13 at 19:03:21:

You guys are silly, place a brick or block of wood under the kickstand so that's nearly vertical, then get on you knees use both hands on the flashlight.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKIapTtLmux1JozV5gpBGwG...

Versy if I used a flashlight THAT BIG my neighbors would have the State Police visiting me.....and my closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away  Grin!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 04/03/13 at 20:07:12

What is the most likely time for me to drop it?

I had just lit up the '88 for the 1st time on a saturday morning and shut it off to a resounding boom... I grinned, I chuckled... then the neighbors came out one by one looking up and down the street... I laughed so hard I nearly lost my balance and pulled the '88 on top of me.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:36:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › What is the most likely time

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.