Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Irreverent fun with Ballmer -- not serious (Read 90 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Irreverent fun with Ballmer -- not serious
04/05/13 at 18:13:20

I'm late with my annual April Fools day tribute to Steve Ballmer, the first snuck up on me so here it is on April 5th ....

Dell
http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/201...

Alienware
http://alienware.com/ubuntu/

Steam for Linux game titles have jumped from 4 to 60 to 120 already.

Nvidia cards support it, the big PC gaming boxes support it, Linus supports it, Ubuntu supports it.

Microsoft hates it (just a crying in their beer every weekend at the sports bars).

Grin

The future, she comes .... whether Ballmer likes it or not.

===========

What will happen when the new Nexus 7.7 that comes out next month supports it?

Will Ballmer start sweating then?

Or will he have to pay off on his "whenever pigs fly" bet from 8 years ago?

Perhaps he should pray to his Gates for guidance as he's floundering at the helm right now pretty durn badly.

Bill doesn't look very happy with Ballmer right now ....

..... Bill thinks Ballmer is a ludicrous buffoon and Bill begins selling off his Microsoft shares in larger packets.

The folks at CES have to drive Steve Ballmer off the stage when he steps up and steals the microphone from another vendor and starts telling folks lies about how great Windows 8 RT really is .....

What do you mean you don't want to install Microsoft Silverlight just so you can look inside my Windows 8 RT store?
No, we aren't trying to keep it a big secret (there's not really enough in there to even be called a little biddy secret) ....  

Yes, we cancelled over half of our initial order for RT units and left Samsung holding the bag for all the leftover parts.   Yes, Samsung has dropped the product completely and there won't be any more made, ever.   Heck, we are still trying to move the thousands of units the courts made us take back inside the first 30 days for charges of "false advertising".

Yes, we expect that Samsung will do something with the parts, maybe they'll can go into a Linux unit that actually works well with them ....

(but it will cost too much to sell with all our old overpriced stuff inside it).

« Last Edit: 04/06/13 at 10:03:13 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: Irreverent fun with Ballmer -- not serious
Reply #1 - 04/05/13 at 21:02:56

Gartner is predicting that Apple (ios and osX) will outship Windows (Win8, WinRT and WinPhone) this year for the first time.  Android already did...

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/06/13 at 04:11:15

I wouldn't doubt it, if not this year maybe next year   Shocked

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 04/06/13 at 10:34:26

I went to Barnes & Noble again this weekend (I get a cup of coffee and peruse the magazine racks while my wife goes shopping at the mall area).

Barnes and Noble has redone the magazine rack in the electronics section.  Front left is all Apple this and that, front row right is all Android tablets and phones.   Second row is the game boxes and all the monthly Linux magazines and stuff.  Third row is mostly Linux distro specific publications with lots of free CDs on the magazine fronts.

There isn't a Windows section any more .....  no PC World, no Maximum PC, no PC custom builder stuff at all.   I was actually sad, as I could see a whole generation of my life passing off into the dust of time.  

I remember when PC Shopper was as big as a phone book every month ...

Then I went with the wife to Office Depot to buy her some pens and I went to look at the machines.   Only 3 smallish desktop boxes there at all, and two of them were Lenovo boxes from China.  NO HP at all, one was Dell.   And all three of the ones there were marked down for quick sale.   Prices were $389-459, reasonable enough I guess for a CPU box with a DVD-RW/CD reader but with no keyboard or monitor.

Next, I looked at the two dozen laptops, and they all cost over twice what they used to cost.   The dollar is really dropping fast in the far east.

Tablets, they had a half dozen different ones, nothing really special or current.  IPad and Android with most being Android.

Office Depot has surrendered a third of their floor space in the building (two small boutique shops were taking up the extra space now).

Undecided

Now I just GOT to go over to Best Buy this upcoming Weds to see what they look like now -- just too too curious I am.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:23:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Irreverent fun with Ballmer -- not serious

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.