Send Topic Print
S40 seat on '04 LS650 (Read 185 times)
MileHiRider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, Colorado
S40 seat on '04 LS650
04/02/13 at 07:55:00

Has anyone put the new style seat (one piece) on and old style (two piece) bike?   Thanks

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: S40 seat on '04 LS650
Reply #1 - 04/02/13 at 18:38:51

I certain I remember someone doing it before... it should work fine...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #2 - 04/03/13 at 20:27:29

I've got an '06 one piece on my '02.
Stays in place good with sissy bar and rails on it but it has
No hole for rear tab to bolt so without sissy bar the back can slide unless you drill a hole in fender and secure the rear to the fender.

IP Logged
MileHiRider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, Colorado
Reply #3 - 04/04/13 at 05:53:05

So, there are no side brackets on the newer seat to bolt it down?
Do you think the newer seat is more comfortable?
                                       Thanks

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #4 - 04/04/13 at 06:12:48

MileHiRider wrote on 04/04/13 at 05:53:05:
So, there are no side brackets on the newer seat to bolt it down?
Do you think the newer seat is more comfortable?
                                       Thanks

yes it has the main side bracket like the stock main seat does,  but the location for the 3rd bolt which is for the rear part of the seat is in a different place.  Instead of being at the front of the pillion seat like it is on the savage seat it's at the rear of the 1 piece seat.  The S40 seat flexes a little bit so if you don't make the new hole in the rear fender to bolt it down in the rear it may move a little on ya side to side as it flexes some especially when you have a passenger on board.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #5 - 04/04/13 at 06:16:12

I have a Corbin seat on my bike and it doesn't have the bolt in back. I lost the back bolt for the stock seat years ago and have never had any problems with the seat moving around. The two side bolts are enough to hold both the factory 1 piece and Corbin seat on the bike.

I had the front half of a Savage seat on while I had the bike bobbed and I didn't notice any difference between the Savage 2 piece and the S40 1 piece seats, they both are equally uncomfortable. The Corbin seat is a lot more comfortable than the stock seat.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
MileHiRider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, Colorado
Reply #6 - 04/04/13 at 07:17:20

I've noticed several of the Savage owners on this site have gone with the Corbin seat. From what I remember the Corbins are a hard low seat, the one's for other bikes anyway. Lower I don't need, but more comfort would be nice! Plus they're kinda expensive....

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 04/04/13 at 11:01:26

Yes the Corbin seat is very comfy.  It just takes awhile to break in to get the full effect of the comfort level of it. I to have the Corbin and love mine.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 04/04/13 at 11:29:15

If a person want the Corbin seat and wanted it to be a little softer you could tell them you weight 20 pounds less than you do.They are tailored for you.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 04/04/13 at 11:42:46

bill67 wrote on 04/04/13 at 11:29:15:
If a person want the Corbin seat and wanted it to be a little softer you could tell them you weight 20 pounds less than you do.They are tailored for you.

Yup that you could,  Or you could just tell them when you order it to make it on the softer side then normal.  They will tailor it to you anyway you want. They also have a policy that if there is something you don't like about the feel of it, you can send it back and they will redo it for free, unless they have to use a bigger piece of covering, then they charge a nominal fee for the new cover.

R.F.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 04/04/13 at 17:00:44

Before the corbin I couldn't ride for more than a half hour before I would have to get off and rest, now I can ride for a couple of hours at least. They are pricey, but worth every penny. It takes a while to conform to your bum bones- they say about 1000 miles, but mine didn't take that long.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 12:02:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 seat on '04 LS650

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.