WHOA....... (Read 189 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
WHOA.......
03/13/13 at 15:56:52

Left work in a pretty good down pour. but hey, I bought the S40WF model cuz you need it here to commute. I was on the speedway, going about 45 when up in front of me in moderate traffic I saw the "sheen" in my lane. I already stay out of the middle, so I just eased her a tad over, to the outside hump of the wheel track, as  I slowly rolled off the throttle. This slick was a good 100 foot long, not oil, some type of fresh fuel (not gas) or hydraulic  fluid more likely, as the smell was really strong. But I made it with minimum squirrel.... keeping my feet on the pegs.

Now my radar was sweeping big time, and I searched for higher ground on the roadbed, glad I did, for I came across a virtual pool of this stuff that was well over 200 feet long, and took up both lanes of traffic....a few hundred yards further.

Even the cagers were having issues with it. I didn't witness any accidents, but again, I think it had just leaked very recently and this was pretty much a first pass for traffic.

I'm so glad I don't get stupid and rush to my ferry, my window to get from work, to the ferry dock, is only about 20 minutes, w/ a few minutes to spare. I'd rather wait the extra half hour for the next one than be forever sorry I got in a hurry to trouble!

Be safe all, please, you just never know whats up ahead when we ride.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: WHOA.......
Reply #1 - 03/13/13 at 19:15:25

Yikes!... Shocked...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #2 - 03/13/13 at 20:01:40

Glad you made it ok dawg! Just proves once again we need to always be thinking(and looking) several seconds ahead at all times and plan out our options ahead of time!

And I'll bite.....what the heck is the "S40WF model"?

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 03/14/13 at 03:26:34

ZAR wrote on 03/13/13 at 20:01:40:
And I'll bite.....what the heck is the "S40WF model"?  

It's the webbed fender job  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 03/15/13 at 15:40:16

Yikes glad your ok, all I can think of is that Chevy Chase movie Modern Problems with the truck spewing toxic waste. Did your tires melt afterwards? LOL

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 03/15/13 at 16:49:01

ToesNose wrote on 03/15/13 at 15:40:16:
Yikes glad your ok, all I can think of is that Chevy Chase movie Modern Problems with the truck spewing toxic waste. Did your tires melt afterwards? LOL

Nah, but they grip better now  Grin

Found out it was a big truck who lost a seal in its transmission....guess that explains the smell too.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 03/19/13 at 12:08:14

Oh baby, tranny fluid what a mess   Shocked

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 03/19/13 at 12:34:20

ToesNose wrote on 03/19/13 at 12:08:14:
Oh baby, tranny fluid what a mess   Shocked

That wouldn't be tranny fluid it's gear oil, same stuff you put in your rear end of your rwd vehicle.  Nice smell stuff.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #8 - 03/20/13 at 14:15:38

Awe, the smell of burnt 80/90 GO!  Yummy! Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home