Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Quit riding (Read 234 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Quit riding
03/01/13 at 14:55:01

I quit riding because I am not sure about my legs holding up a bike. They give out for no reason at any time they feel like it. I've been to a Doctor and had an MRI and blood tests. Doctor doesn't know what it is.  I also had a stupid accident because I wasn't paying attention. I got away with a sprained knee and some bumps and bruises. I think I'll buy one of these.   http://www.eliomotors.com/

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Quit riding
Reply #1 - 03/01/13 at 15:47:04

That looks like a fun car/bike... Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 03/01/13 at 15:50:33

Not available til next year, but I'll have to wait until 2015 anyway.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 03/01/13 at 16:15:47

http://www.dmcsidecars.com/
$600 for mount for Savage
$1300 for sidecar frame
Build a cargo box, maybe $500.

WWW   IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #4 - 03/01/13 at 16:23:26

Sorry, don't like sidecars and I've had 2 bikes changed to trikes. One was a Voyager and one was converted by Cass County Trikes. Definitely hated the Voyager and the other one with the added weight didn't have enough power. Both of those were Yamaha 650's. Don't suggest Yelvington, because I asked them and they don't do Suzuki Savage  anymore.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 03/01/13 at 16:29:55

Well, hope you and the Doc's figure it out - if only for your peace of mind. We all face the this decision and surellly if you aren.t reasonably sure, you shouldn't ride a  motorcycle.
Best wishes for a long healthy future and perhaps a return to two wheels ifn you all get the leg thing fixed. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #6 - 03/01/13 at 18:48:03

I hope you get the leg thing straightened out.  Always sad to see someone who wants to ride not be able to.

My brother had problems like that.  He found out later that it was liver problems...of his own making, but still.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #7 - 03/02/13 at 04:10:04

Thanks. The blood tests didn't show any liver problems. My Doctor now thinks it was the Cholesterol medication I was taking, but I'm not so sure.

« Last Edit: 03/02/13 at 09:35:39 by BOBD »  
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/02/13 at 10:18:23

Sorry to hear of your problems.  Between the leg problem and lack of attention I can understand your decision.  A neighbor of mine has dropped his bike several times lately, he is nearly 80.  He plans to buy one those three wheelers with the two wheels in the front as soon as he can find a good used one.

You might ask a doctor to prescribe some physical thearapy for you.  If you have a tendancy to fall that is considered adequate cause for most insurance companies and they could work your legs for strength which might help.  I was in a major accident many years ago and go in for PT once a year for several weeks.  I tell them I want to ride and they work on that, getting my leg over the seat, building strength and so on.  It helps.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #9 - 03/02/13 at 10:40:47

Paladin. wrote on 03/01/13 at 16:15:47:
http://www.dmcsidecars.com/
$600 for mount for Savage
$1300 for sidecar frame
Build a cargo box, maybe $500.

Smileyhmm...the familiar sidecars...Oh, how I missed my Ural
http://cs308721.vk.me/v308721316/714f/pgcjjFOau7g.jpg (NSFW)

« Last Edit: 03/02/13 at 13:27:50 by verslagen1 »  

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #10 - 03/02/13 at 13:20:04

engineer wrote on 03/02/13 at 10:18:23:
Sorry to hear of your problems.  Between the leg problem and lack of attention I can understand your decision.  A neighbor of mine has dropped his bike several times lately, he is nearly 80.  He plans to buy one those three wheelers with the two wheels in the front as soon as he can find a good used one.

You might ask a doctor to prescribe some physical thearapy for you.  If you have a tendancy to fall that is considered adequate cause for most insurance companies and they could work your legs for strength which might help.  I was in a major accident many years ago and go in for PT once a year for several weeks.  I tell them I want to ride and they work on that, getting my leg over the seat, building strength and so on.  It helps.

I don't have a tendency to fall, if my legs start to give out, I just sit down for a few minutes and I'm OK. I do tend to lose my balance sometimes though. Think it may be some of the prescription drugs I take. Just don't know if it will get worse. I'm on Medicare and AARP. Don't think I'm covered. Think I'll just wait for the Elio to come out.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 03/02/13 at 19:00:01

Search this

Vitamin C strengthens blood vessels cholesterol drops

OUr ancestors ate better,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #12 - 03/02/13 at 20:48:33

i've heard of rhabdomyilosis caused by statin drugs. a remedy for it is 100mg of coenzyme Q10 a day. ask your doctor about it.

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #13 - 03/03/13 at 03:31:44

None of the blood tests showed that, but I'll ask him.

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #14 - 03/03/13 at 04:24:55

I'll be 69 next month. I've had years of riding and had fun. I think it's time to try something else. I'll always have the memories. Stay safe and keep the rubber side down.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:45:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › Quit riding

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.