Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
change? better or worse? (Read 228 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: change? better or worse?
Reply #15 - 03/01/13 at 10:52:07

Very true JOG. I left my last job because we weren't compatible moral- and virtue-wise. They were lying to people and companies and ripping them off. It made me physically ill to participate. I had no where to go when I left. I can tell you my final 2 weeks were pure Hell. I initially accepted their offer because it was for lots more money and a crap ton of benefits. I guess they had to bribe their employees. I guess I wasn't for sale.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 03/01/13 at 14:06:24

I have made a similar decision a couple of times in my life. I left a high stress job that paid serious money with good benefits to pursue something I liked 22 years ago. I have not made as much money in a single year as I did the last year in the high stress job, and have no benefits, but I like to go to work in the morning. I am sure that decision 22 years ago saved my marriage, and my relationship with my kids, and postponed my heart problems. If I had stayed working nights I would probably be pushing up daisies now.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 03/03/13 at 07:36:54

Uh OHHH,, I guess I messed up Again.. Looks like I demonstrated operating out of principle. Giving up $$$ for something as useless as decency & peace.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #18 - 03/03/13 at 19:18:49

LostArtist wrote on 02/28/13 at 10:15:35:
WebsterMark wrote on 02/28/13 at 05:09:49:

I was being more metaphorical than anything else. I was saying it would be a shame to toil away in a job that makes you feel trapped and unfulfilled.

I've always made the choice to go with the job I was more comfortable and fulfilled in and it seems that's always been a mistake somehow, it always hurts financially, and now I'm not sure I can afford that choice anymore.  

LA I've screwed myself and my wife financally several times in my job choices and most of those involved going to "better" jobs that promised a good increase in salary and benefits. Every time I either ended up with less money or in an emotional bind. I'm almost 58 years old and have no fortune hidden away,no big retirement nest-egg and no mansion. BUT.....our land and trailer is paid for as are car,truck and bikes. We have learned to get by on less than $25K a year and be comfortable,if not in luxury. I've done this by working for small,private or family owned companies and working in areas I enjoy,mostly rural/farm related fields in service/transport positions.

I don't claim everyone should live like I do,but it seems that most of the "old school" bikers have followed this pattern. It's part of the freedom of the "biker lifestyle". And I ain't talking about the 1%ers or the "bike nights at Hooters" lifestyles either one. Just your average scooter tramps that quietly live and work and play,and rack up 8,10,12 or even 25 thousand miles a year on their bike while few people even notice they're around.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #19 - 03/03/13 at 19:27:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/13 at 07:36:54:
Uh OHHH,, I guess I messed up Again.. Looks like I demonstrated operating out of principle. Giving up $$$ for something as useless as decency & peace.

If ya messed up yer in good company Nolan. I sense this forum has more than it's fair share of good rebels. My,yours(and others round here)principals may not be mainstream but they serve us well.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #20 - 03/03/13 at 21:24:22

Hey, didn't read any of the responses, so consider that. I am nearly 60, but a friend of mine was discussing change with someone recently when she said this: "I don't like change for the sake of change. But if it's an actual improvement, count me in." I've used her line about a million times this year. Never too late to learn something. Especially when you're as dumb as I am.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #21 - 03/04/13 at 06:42:24

Lost - obviously the artist part of your monniker speaks volumes and do not doubt that we all think of ourselves to one degree or another in relationship to our professions and current job.  Night work will reduce your years (unless ye changeth into a vamp). I agree with the previous posters and say go for it;if your present nightime position was that fulfilling you wouldn't have started this post.   Best of luck..0

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:42:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › change? better or worse?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.