Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Question for Ryca guys? (Read 441 times)
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Question for Ryca guys?
Reply #15 - 02/18/13 at 15:26:12

says 40psi on both...so I have around 40...maybe a little bit more...41 or 42...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 02/18/13 at 18:24:33

braveteacher wrote on 02/18/13 at 15:26:12:
says 40psi on both...so I have around 40...maybe a little bit more...41 or 42...

What it says on the side of the tire is pretty much irrelevant.  That is just a number the feds force the manufacturers to put on there to show what load the tire can carry at that arbitrary pressure.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #17 - 02/24/13 at 20:59:02

87mph with tuned carb, cone muffler, and fully tucked. Running 30 psi front and rear. Bike turns into a wet noodle when hitting tight sweepers over 75mph. Going to replace the crappy OEM IRC front tire soon to see if its the tire that cant track when leaned over. Need to get rid of those chickens strips.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #18 - 02/25/13 at 05:50:25

s40fan wrote on 02/24/13 at 20:59:02:
87mph with tuned carb, cone muffler, and fully tucked. Running 30 psi front and rear. Bike turns into a wet noodle when hitting tight sweepers over 75mph. Going to replace the crappy OEM IRC front tire soon to see if its the tire that cant track when leaned over. Need to get rid of those chickens strips.

I changed the jets back to stock yesterday.  I have been using RYCA-supplied richer jets up until now.  It did 82 mph on the GPS with me sitting up but in the somewhat leaning forward posture demanded by the RYCA clip-ons.  I have a lot of drag, I'm sure, because I have the sitting height of a 6'6" person.

32 psi f & r, Avon Speedmaster 19" front and 18" rear.

I also scare myself sometimes when leaning the thing over at 60+ mph.  It doesn't do a tank slapper, it just sort of weaves in and out about twice per second.  Casey says a fork brace cured his bike of that situation.  I'm ordering a TKAT brace.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 02/25/13 at 06:25:43

BuckRYCA wrote on 02/17/13 at 07:50:34:
LANCER wrote on 02/17/13 at 02:25:01:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/16/13 at 23:07:01:
you guys need a tuner... I do that uphill.

Yep, my S40 with Apollo Cone muffler and rejetted carb will hit the mid 90's any day, and peg the needle on a good one.

Lancer and Verslagen, I've got to ask -- How are you measuring your speeds? Not with that optimistic stock speedo, are you?

Skelly15, you got your 90 mph reading on the Ryca kit speedo?

This was using the stock speedo in this case

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #20 - 02/26/13 at 03:51:49

LANCER wrote on 02/17/13 at 02:25:01:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/16/13 at 23:07:01:
you guys need a tuner... I do that uphill.

Yep, my S40 with Apollo Cone muffler and rejetted carb will hit the mid 90's any day, and peg the needle on a good one.

Lancer, you being the Guru of S40 tuning and hot-rodding around here, what is your estimation of the K&N air filter RYCA supplies with their kit?  I'm wondering if it is too restrictive.

IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #21 - 02/26/13 at 10:12:44

I found this thread interesting as I'm wondering if I should mess with the jets at all when I finally get to the carb. I bought my Savvy over a month ago and the day I brought it home I had it over 80mph on a highway straight with some wind resistance. It had more room to go but I've since been tearing it down to modify and lighten it some. I've done a great deal of reading about different peoples setups as well as Lancers jetsets on here etc and found one guy with a similar setup to what mine is from the previous owner. I believe he said he had the carb open but I forgot to ask if he switched anything because it does have a Jardine slash on it and runs and sounds sweet. My question to you guys who have been messing with different factors and Ryca kits is: What filter do you feel is best to replace the airbox and also if it seems to be running fairly top as is should I dive into the carb and see whats up for the hell of it? Afterall it does backfire here and there and I read doing the Ryca spacer mod or even using the washers may help with that?

Thanks, J

J-Bird
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 02/28/13 at 09:18:22

where do you buy the TKAT brace? I cant find a phone number for them and the email address on the web site dosnt work.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #23 - 02/28/13 at 09:40:38

MShipley wrote on 02/28/13 at 09:18:22:
where do you buy the TKAT brace? I cant find a phone number for them and the email address on the web site dosnt work.

I've been corresponding with him at tkat@tkat.com.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 02/28/13 at 17:38:02

Sticks16 wrote on 02/26/13 at 10:12:44:
I found this thread interesting as I'm wondering if I should mess with the jets at all when I finally get to the carb. I bought my Savvy over a month ago and the day I brought it home I had it over 80mph on a highway straight with some wind resistance. It had more room to go but I've since been tearing it down to modify and lighten it some. I've done a great deal of reading about different peoples setups as well as Lancers jetsets on here etc and found one guy with a similar setup to what mine is from the previous owner. I believe he said he had the carb open but I forgot to ask if he switched anything because it does have a Jardine slash on it and runs and sounds sweet. My question to you guys who have been messing with different factors and Ryca kits is: What filter do you feel is best to replace the airbox and also if it seems to be running fairly top as is should I dive into the carb and see whats up for the hell of it? Afterall it does backfire here and there and I read doing the Ryca spacer mod or even using the washers may help with that?

Thanks, J

Hey Man!
There are lots of answers to these questions here on the forum; everyone has their opinions about what works best.
In general though, most folks don't mess with the carb jetting unless they are also changing the air filter and exhaust.
Forgive me if I am over-simplifying, but Carb jetting determines the correct mixture of air and fuel going into your engine. A completely stock bike should come properly jetted from the factory (Although a little lean to meet emission control standards, but that's a whole 'nother ball of beans)
If you add a K&N or similar, more free flowing air filter, along with a more free flowing exhaust; such as the Harley Dyna pipe which is popular with these bikes, then you need to change the carb jetting accordingly because you have changed the air/fuel mixture flowing through the engine.
Simply changing the carb jetting on an otherwise properly running bike will almost always make it run worse, and won't give you any advantage all by itself. You have to consider the whole system; air intake, carb jetting, and exhaust. They all work together.
Cheers!

IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #25 - 02/28/13 at 20:51:01

Understood thanks for the response. I know having the jardine exhaust and eventually changing the filter to a k&n will force me to mess with the carb so I'll dive back into other threads and see what combo jets work best with my final choice.

J-Bird
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #26 - 03/01/13 at 05:47:21

Sticks16 wrote on 02/28/13 at 20:51:01:
Understood thanks for the response. I know having the jardine exhaust and eventually changing the filter to a k&n will force me to mess with the carb so I'll dive back into other threads and see what combo jets work best with my final choice.

Do you expect the K&N to flow better or worse than stock?

IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #27 - 03/02/13 at 00:18:49

Not sure? that's why I was asking because I've read mixed reviews....I'm keeping the stock box for now but when I decide to hide the wires better I'll need space. Seeing how I have the seat nearly as low as it gets I would like to utilize the space where the airbox is and give it that open look.

J-Bird
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 21:30:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Question for Ryca guys?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.