Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
will this work ? Headwinds Rocket Turn Signal (Read 104 times)
zwiggybo
YaBB Newbies

I love my s40!

Arizona
will this work ? Headwinds Rocket Turn Signal
02/09/13 at 17:21:49

Today, somebody broke my rear turn signal while I was parked. Now I see this as an opportunity to replace the stock lights with something really cool.

I found the "Headwinds 1-3/8″ Rocket Turn Signal" http://www.jpcycles.com/product/3-1900CAP, but am not sure if they will work. This will be my first modification to my bike. If these work work, are there any other similar *metal* lights with a visor one could suggest?

Thanks for any help!!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: will this work ? Headwinds Rocket Turn Signal
Reply #1 - 02/09/13 at 17:30:30

Jeepers!,..Those are some pricey turn signals!...
... but, they should work...  (I don't think you can mount them in the stock hole,... but you can make any signals work)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
zwiggybo
YaBB Newbies

I love my s40!

Arizona
Reply #2 - 02/09/13 at 19:32:31

Serowbot wrote on 02/09/13 at 17:30:30:
Jeepers!,..Those are some pricey turn signals!...
... but, they should work...  (I don't think you can mount them in the stock hole,... but you can make any signals work)...

Yeah, they're a lot more than I would like to spend, but I love the style... a short mount with a visor - and made of metal. Other suggestions and/or vendors would be most appreciated.

Thanks again!

IP Logged
zwiggybo
YaBB Newbies

I love my s40!

Arizona
Reply #3 - 02/09/13 at 19:46:05

Another option I am considering, which may look better is:
J&P Cycles® Deuce Style Custom Turn Signal Rear Dual Filament Assembly
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/3050127

....and then use:
Rear Turn Signal Mounting Brackets for Deuce Style
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/305-693

is this something I should be able just bolt on, and wire, or would a converter be needed?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/09/13 at 22:50:30

Honestly,.. if you are looking to replace the stockers in the same hole,... I'd recommend pulling one and studying the mounting system..
Most aftermarket signals,.. will mount with a threaded shaft, going through a fender hole, and tightening with a nut...
Very common,.. but not at all like a factory signal,... which is more of a,.. shaft in a tube,... pinned with a screw...
... but,.. as I said,... any signal can be adapted...
You simply must find a hole,.. or create one...

Search Ebay for motorcycle turn signals... and you will see the full range of options and prices...
LED's will require a an electronic flasher module,... to modulate the blink rate... They are available at any auto parts parts store for $10 or so...

I prefer incandescent over LED,... for guaranteed visibility, and availability of replacement bulbs...
Amperage savings on a blinker, is minimal...
I also recommend a light that takes 1156 or 1157 bulbs... for availability and visibility... (smaller bulbs are useless,.. and LED's are an iffy proposition... Some can be bright, but, many are barely visible)...
JMHO... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
zwiggybo
YaBB Newbies

I love my s40!

Arizona
Reply #5 - 02/10/13 at 11:40:52

Thank you! That's very good advice. I pulled the light off, and it was exactly as you said.

So I could basically enlarge the stock hole, then fit a Harley light with a hollow screw (included in their mounting kit)?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 02/10/13 at 16:08:13

Yep, that works fine. Don't forget a wave washer or loctite in the nut, as shipped the nut WILL vibrate loose. I used 50's style rear signals on mine for 10 years with no problems, other than they are all made with substandard soft chrome and rust really quickly. Most aftermarket lights are repackaged Emgo or similar Taiwan/Red China produced knock-offs in different packaging... Even expensive ones.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/10/13 at 19:12:52

Those are nice signals. I went with J&P's Capsule Marker lights, dual filament 3300027. I put them on my vulcan 800a front and rear. They are bright (1157 bulb) and small.  Check them out, they work well...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:20:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › will this work ? Headwinds Rocket Turn Signal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.