Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: Nothings Changed
Reply #15 - 02/05/13 at 20:33:03

bill67 wrote on 02/05/13 at 13:34:31:
houstonbofh wrote on 02/05/13 at 13:09:04:
bill67 wrote on 02/05/13 at 12:43:48:
The real true isn't usually very interesting

Not always...  Read The Hot Zone by Richard Preston.  Totally true and totally scary.  And nothing to do with this, but a darn good read, and still all true.

How do you know its true.I don't read books.

Hmmm...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 02/06/13 at 16:30:54

bill67 wrote on 02/05/13 at 12:43:48:
JOG don't believe everything you read,books are written to make money,The real true isn't usually very interesting,So they have to make it good  and beyond the truth  to sell it.

When I can look at what I call "Observed Reality" & it doesnt line up with
all the stuff "Everybody KNows is TRue" & I can read a book that explains things & see how it makes more sense than the "Truths" offered up by every easily accessed info source, then I have REason to believe the book. I read the book because I see loose ends in the Official Version
of the story. I didnt understand how the fed worked.

Think about it.
12 years, count them,, Twelve YEARS they have a kid in school. Why do they want us to go to school? I THought the reason they gave was so we would be able to live successful lives. Why is it that during those 12 years, they never REally explain how the economy works? Where $$$ comes from & all that? So, having these questions & Seeing the Monumental Failure of the Fed in its meeting of its goals, which were to maintain the strength of the dollar & make sure the economy didnt go thru wild swings up & down. What have we seen? What WAS a $20.00 coin, commonly in circulation, is now around $1,700.00 worth of green paper. IOW, 4 quarters, one lousy dollar out of my Grampas pocket now requires Eighty Five dollars out of mine. Yea, our economy is Steady, baby.

IF anyone here has ANY desire at all to understand whats happening instead of bloviating continually about your vast wisdom & grasp of the subject, READ something that explains the Mandrake Mechanism. Understand HOW money really comes into existance. Then, once you understand the process of the creation of money, youll shake in your boots when you realize, the Fed is buying its own paper.. Its an economic impossibility. YOu cant write yourself a check & create more $$$ in your account, can you? YOu cant buy your car from yourself, pay off the loan & keep the car, can you? THATS the equivalent of the Fed buying the T-bills, signing Me & You up for more debt & printing the bills up.

Bill I dont believe everything I read. In fact, when I see your name on it, Im fairly certain its either gonna be funny or just wrong. Your proud proclamation that you dont read books actually didnt stun me. I can believe that you dont read books, no problem.,..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 02/07/13 at 14:18:48

JOG it looks like we pretty much view each other the same way.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #18 - 02/09/13 at 19:27:45

OMG - does anyone think that the very wealthy, who run for office in campaigns funded by the very wealthy, get elected into office and then put people in strategic positions of almost uncontained power might chose a wealthy insider for those positions......my goodness, i am shocked.  As my mother from Maine used to say, when someone from the federal government drops you a line to help, lookout for the hook at the end.
When I returned home from Vietnam, waiting for me was letter from the CIA.  My mom said I don't know what you did over there in your Army Intelligence positon, but DO NOT work for the  CIA...I'll disown you (and she had previously backed me in buying motorcycles soI figure she got it right several times.) Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #19 - 02/09/13 at 19:34:17

You know the Social Security fund is used to buy up lots of this great paper debt from the US Government- and then Congress has the gall to say the fund is gonna go broke....

even basic accounting makes no sense.  If I buy a car for 40K paying 4K down,  the 36K difference is an asset of the motor company or bank ( a debt owed them) if I can pay it off or not.  Really I don't get it. Lips Sealed

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 02/13/13 at 08:55:59

Trippah wrote on 02/09/13 at 19:34:17:
You know the Social Security fund is used to buy up lots of this great paper debt from the US Government- and then Congress has the gall to say the fund is gonna go broke....

even basic accounting makes no sense.  If I buy a car for 40K paying 4K down,  the 36K difference is an asset of the motor company or bank ( a debt owed them) if I can pay it off or not.  Really I don't get it. Lips Sealed

Well that's not the only reason why the fund is going broke.

Have you heard of the case of the first social security recipient ... she paid like 13 bucks and received 29,000 or some such ...
Inspite of that there were nearly a 1000 times as many people paying into it as there were being paid out, so SS was raking it in ... however in the last few years that number is closer to 1-1. I think its going to go soon into more drawing than paying in.
So its insolvent ... its not just the fact they bought US govt bonds.

The whole reason "govt spending is out of control" deal is due to 2 wars against 2 countries 1/2 way around the world and people getting older.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 02/13/13 at 16:12:43

bill67 wrote on 02/07/13 at 14:18:48:
JOG it looks like we pretty much view each other the same way.

Being deemed a fool by you is not a pain for me,, trust me,,Ive seen what you say. Your prod proclamation that you dont read books is supposed to do what? Impress me that youre so wise you need nbo further info?
I suppose youd like to explain how the fed works, OOO wise one?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #22 - 02/13/13 at 18:03:19

Oh no Bill67 ... JOG has reverted to his favorite topic ... Oh wait, what happened to monsatan ? Oh that is so last month ... gotcha ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 02/14/13 at 10:05:48

He can explain how Monsatan has done things , I dont care, Id like to see him have some thot other than pure support for authority & corporation.
BTW, YOu surprised me the other day,, congrats,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 02/14/13 at 12:30:56

The whole reason "govt spending is out of control" deal is due to 2 wars against 2 countries 1/2 way around the world and people getting older.

wrong on the war comment, partial credit for age comment.

Add up the cost of the wars and subtract the cost of the defense budget before the wars. That's the amount the wars cost.

(I'll even give you a break and not ask you to use President Hopey's formula for what value his economic stimulus money brought to the economy. If money sent to Union thugs to dig and fill in holes can be used as positive economic multiplier, surely buying bombs from Boeing has a similar positive multiplier....)

Now, look around and find federal expenses / programs greater than that number.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 02/14/13 at 19:30:06

WebsterMark wrote on 02/14/13 at 12:30:56:

wrong on the war comment, partial credit for age comment.

Add up the cost of the wars and subtract the cost of the defense budget before the wars. That's the amount the wars cost.

(I'll even give you a break and not ask you to use President Hopey's formula for what value his economic stimulus money brought to the economy. If money sent to Union thugs to dig and fill in holes can be used as positive economic multiplier, surely buying bombs from Boeing has a similar positive multiplier....)

Now, look around and find federal expenses / programs greater than that number.

More fuzzy math eh ... OK let me save you some trouble ...

Ramping up an attack force and attacking a country you use bombs that were made years ago and equipment that has been sitting round un used for decades maybe ... The real expense of a war comes in when your soldiers come back with missing limbs ... you need to treat them their entire rest of their life. So no .. you cant add and subtract your way out of the lies from Cheney and the 2 wars we have as a result.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 02/15/13 at 21:36:46

So, you dont think we are spending billions a month in these wars?

I mean on equipment & war making materiel, not just feeding & payinf soldiers. YOu think the bombs & equipment are old & when used, notr replaced? You think bullets are just stacked on shelves & when used, not replaced?  You clearly dont understand that there are people making fortunes on these wars, SELLING these things,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 02/18/13 at 17:48:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/15/13 at 21:36:46:
So, you dont think we are spending billions a month in these wars?

I mean on equipment & war making materiel, not just feeding & payinf soldiers. YOu think the bombs & equipment are old & when used, notr replaced? You think bullets are just stacked on shelves & when used, not replaced?  You clearly dont understand that there are people making fortunes on these wars, SELLING these things,

OK lets back up a little ...

In 2001 bush waged a war on 1 country and soon added another country to the list. The first few years we had fresh soldiers and lost of equipment that had till then sat unused.

So the first few years of the 2 wars were run off what the tax payer had funded prior to the start of the war.

Then there are casualties and need for fresh soldiers and the need to re arm what we used up.
That stage has been going on for 5-6 years ... smack into Obama's first and second term. Therefore, Obama is paying the bill for Bush's war. Bush used up the credit from Clinton administration's payments to the future war, then ran up a bill for Obama to pay.

Wont it have been cool to have let Clinton loose on the countries that did 9/11 ... he'd have slept with all the 42 wives of Bin laden and told him y'know when you fly these planes into the building your wife is screwing around on you with an infidel.

Yea yea yea defense contractors and halliburton etc etc making $$$ ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 02/18/13 at 19:12:28

In 2001 bush waged a war on 1 country  No; Bush did not wage a war.  Congress authorized and dozens of countries joined in so let's keep a little perspective here.

Therefore, Obama is paying the bill for Bush's war.  oh, poor little Barack.....    Tell me, do you have the same sympathy for Bush having to clean up Clinton's mess?...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #29 - 02/19/13 at 05:25:44

Are you talking about the USA bank account that Clinton had that GWB cleaned out.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/26/24 at 21:57:10

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Nothings Changed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.