ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Headlight question
Reply #15 - 01/30/13 at 12:43:28

Dave wrote on 01/30/13 at 12:14:58:
Well....Until somebody with the Blue Lights on top of their car pulls him over and issues him a citation......he isn't going to stop.

Same reason I got HID's on mine... and if I stare at the spot mine shine's upon, most of theirs won't blind me.  That 4x guy must come around here too.

In fact, there was this goldwinger (at least I think it was) 2 fogs axle high and 2 headlights, all ultra bright.

When he gets ran over, the guy will claim he couldn't see, not that he didn't see him.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 01/30/13 at 13:20:19

MShipley wrote on 01/30/13 at 12:40:41:
wow....on secound thought maybe I will try that super-plazma.

Not me.....I don't want a purple headlight!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #17 - 01/30/13 at 14:14:05

Dave wrote on 01/30/13 at 13:20:19:
MShipley wrote on 01/30/13 at 12:40:41:
wow....on secound thought maybe I will try that super-plazma.

Not me.....I don't want a purple headlight!

The light it produces is not purple, and you have to really look to see the blue tint when it's in the lens.
All I know is, with the stock bulb I was considerably over-driving the high beam at 50 mph, and now I'me not.
Added note: I drove around for 15 years with 100 watt driving lights in my Land Cruiser set to go on with the high beams, and 100 watt bulbs in my fog lights set to go on with the low beams, and never got busted. I also had a switch that would put both fogs and driving on at the same time. The 'Cruiser had quad lights ( a low and a low- high) on each side).
Unlike north american quads, all for lights were lit when on low, and the highs lit as well when on high, so you had stock 340 watts running with the high beams on. Ad to that the 400 watts when both fogs and driving lights were on and you have 740 watts. I could see everything!
It all appeared legal, as long as I didn't have the driving and fog lights on at the same time. The key is to focus them properly.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 01/30/13 at 15:33:43

After the stock headlight bucket/mount broke, I replaced it with the metal version from a 450 Rebel. After it got squashed (stepson wrecked the bike) I switched to a 7" side mount. Much better... easier to aim side to side and up/down. Lets the aiming screw be for fine tuning instead of relying on it to set both vertical and horizontal and hold them there. I set the bucket as high as the ears would go toward the top triple tree. Works fine with a stock H4 bulb, is almost too bright with any of the upgrade H4 bulbs.

Looks better, works better. And lets me run a full sized tool roll off of the lower triple tree. Win win win as far as my bike is concerned.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #19 - 01/30/13 at 19:06:11

For the record, it looks like the Savage and the Marauder use the same mount pattern.  The Marauder also comes with a 7 inch headlight.  So this should work... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Suzuki-VZ800-Marauder-Chrome-Headlight-Lense-Buc...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 18:52:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Headlight question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.