Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
"Gun Appreciation Day"
01/19/13 at 18:11:10

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Five People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day.

<snip>

If the gun advocates behind this year’s inaugural Gun Appreciation Day had hoped to use the day’s festivities to build support for their anti-regulation platform, they are going to have to wait another year.

Emergency personnel had to be called to the scene of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina after a gun accidentally discharged and shot two people at the show’s safety check-in booth just after 1 pm. Both victims were transported to an area hospital, and the Raleigh Fire Department announced that the show would be closed for the rest of the day.

Gun Appreciation Day is the combined effort of dozens of far-right organizations who have been vocal opponents of gun control advocates’ efforts to reduce the number of dangerous weapons on our streets and prevent them from ending up in the hands of people with criminal backgrounds or a history of mental illness.

In response to a renewed push for sensible reforms of gun laws after the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, groups like the National Rifle Association and the founders of Gun Appreciation Day have instead advocated for an increase in the number of guns in public places like elementary schools, arguing — falsely — that more guns will mean more protection for individuals.

But today’s unfortunate accident, which took place at a safety check in surrounded by hundreds of people who presumably have at least some training on how to properly handle a dangerous weapon, undermines that case. Earlier this week, an armed security officer at a Michigan charter school accidentally left his gun in a restroom that is regularly used by students as young as five years old.

A representative from Political Media, the group responsible for organizing Gun Appreciation Day, was not immediately available for comment.

<Update>

Two similar incidents occurred at entirely separate gun shows in the Midwest, one in the Cleveland suburb of Medina, Ohio and the other at the state fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana. In Ohio, the local ABC affiliate reports that one individual was brought to a hospital by EMS, and in Indiana Channel 8 WISH says that an individual shot himself in the hand while trying to reload his gun in the show parking lot. That brings the tally to 4 victims of gun violence so far at three different gun shows during the country’s first Gun Appreciation Day.

<end of snip>

Whoopsie...

...If only there had been someone with a gun there who could have stopped it from happening. Huh

....well anyway, good thing those whom where shot appreciate guns!

Seriously, the gun-nuts should do this more often. I'm actually starting to appreciate Gun Appreciation Day. Grin Grin

BTW If You Seriously Think the President Is Coming To Take Your Guns --- It's High Time Someone Did.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: "Gun Appreciation Day"
Reply #1 - 01/19/13 at 18:30:30

Us Carolina boys got itchy trigger fingers!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 01/19/13 at 18:40:05

Here's the thing... These kind of gun owners are the most dangerous type. Unlike the typical owner who may keep a pistol in a lockbox in the bedroom drawer, or a hunting rifle in a safe, these people have a strange need to show them off in public.

They want others to see their massive firepower, like the guy in the park wearing an overcoat who exposes himself to young girls. It's all about shock value. By that measure, they think it's so impressive they just can't keep it in their pants, and it's all too likely to go off and hit someone. Even worse, they knew the TV cameras were showing up.

It shames me as a gun owner that too many people may put me in the same boat with these perverted firearm exhibitionists. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but sometimes a handgun is an extension of the "wee-wee", and this firearm free for all was promoted to attract these types by the drove.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #3 - 01/19/13 at 18:40:47

By that argument we should all look at this video and then take away your motorcycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2mgHWZnCY

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #4 - 01/19/13 at 20:58:41

"By that argument we should all look at this video and then take away your motorcycle."

....?

What does this video have to do with gun safety or my or your Motorcycle??

...I don't get it... Huh

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 01/19/13 at 23:34:52

Starlifter wrote on 01/19/13 at 18:40:05:
Here's the thing... These kind of gun owners are the most dangerous type. Unlike the typical owner who may keep a pistol in a lockbox in the bedroom drawer, or a hunting rifle in a safe, these people have a strange need to show them off in public.

They want others to see their massive firepower, like the guy in the park wearing an overcoat who exposes himself to young girls. It's all about shock value. By that measure, they think it's so impressive they just can't keep it in their pants, and it's all too likely to go off and hit someone. Even worse, they knew the TV cameras were showing up.

It shames me as a gun owner that too many people may put me in the same boat with these perverted firearm exhibitionists. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but sometimes a handgun is an extension of the "wee-wee", and this firearm free for all was promoted to attract these types by the drove.

You seem to have a preoccupation going on here dude Roll Eyes

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 01/20/13 at 02:38:30

I can tell you most of the gun owners I know ... I wont trust them with a sharp stick ...
BTW my no license DUI friend got caught again. Someone must have called the cops on him. He blew a .06. Didn't get written up for DUI, but did spend 2 days in jail, and got written up for driving while licence revoked. Seriously I dont know if he's a bigger threat to himself or to others.

There is a few others ... seriously I should say atleast 50% of guns are in the wrong hands. And those that dont have them, should get them.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 01/20/13 at 05:58:20

It shames me as a gun owner

It shames me that  you ride a motorcycle....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 01/20/13 at 08:53:12

So much fun...  
I can't wait for biological/chemical weapons day...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 01/20/13 at 10:21:17

Teenage boys kills 5 in New Mexico with military type weapon,Thank you NRA and lame Republicans. This is just a start.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 01/20/13 at 12:41:59

"It shames me that you ride a motorcycle."...

Look who just crawled out of the woodwork. Grin Grin

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #11 - 01/20/13 at 12:48:58

I can't wait for biological/chemical weapons day...  Huh
Grin Grin Grin

I'm waiting for 'bullets passing through children' appreciation day... Shocked

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #12 - 01/20/13 at 18:09:03

Starlifter wrote on 01/19/13 at 20:58:41:
"By that argument we should all look at this video and then take away your motorcycle."

....?

What does this video have to do with gun safety or my or your Motorcycle??

...I don't get it... Huh

Because some people are stupid and showing off, you want to take away my gun.  That guy was stupid and showing off, so we should take away your motorcycle.  Same logic.  (I could have picked any number of squid videos with a lot more gore, but I didn't think we needed it.)

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/21/13 at 06:07:45

Anyone remember that video of the black cop who was the only one "trained and qualified" enough to handle a Glock and shot himself in the leg in a CLASS ROOM FULL OF KIDS?

Maybe the police shouldn't have guns.

Maybe one out of a million people make poor judgement calls.

After all, the head of the mental health department came out and said you can't stigmatize all mentally unhealthy people because of the actions of one extremist (regarding the Sandy Hook shooter) so why can't you use that argument for gun owners?
Hell, you could use that argument for darn near anything.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 01/21/13 at 13:06:07

Paraquat wrote on 01/21/13 at 06:07:45:
Anyone remember that video of the black cop who was the only one "trained and qualified" enough to handle a Glock and shot himself in the leg in a CLASS ROOM FULL OF KIDS?

Maybe the police shouldn't have guns.

Maybe one out of a million people make poor judgement calls.

After all, the head of the mental health department came out and said you can't stigmatize all mentally unhealthy people because of the actions of one extremist (regarding the Sandy Hook shooter) so why can't you use that argument for gun owners?
Hell, you could use that argument for darn near anything.

--Steve

Accidents happen. In some cases somepeople are very accident prone. Those are the guys that will hurt themselves trying to slice a tomato or shaving. Y'know what we recomend those people ... yea done have too many sharp objects around. Certainly those guys dont need to have guns. We dont need to "police" every accident. We however dont want someone who has 10 a week to get themselves armed.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 00:57:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › "Gun Appreciation Day"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.