Send Topic Print
Rescuing a Savage (Read 904 times)
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Re: Rescuing a Savage
Reply #30 - 03/22/13 at 15:29:00

Finally back! Now, i (or i might say my Savage) finally passed the emission test required by the italian DOT, and i realize that the rear fender that came with the bike was a real piece of junk, badly adapted to the bike by one of the previous owner, and also, it didn't fit with the brand new tire (the old one was "flat" on the top).
So, i got on ebay and bought from a german seller a brand new 150mm wide rear fender, and so here it is... finally it's done, waiting for some sunny day, that for murphy's law seems they never arrive...

1994 Suzuki Savage, mini ape, raptor petcock, lowered forks
  IP Logged
Borracho

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #31 - 03/22/13 at 17:26:03

nice bike! I like the color and rear fender setup.

2004, Jardine muffler, K&N drop-in, Corbin seat, Raptor petcock and Sportster handlebars with phony ISO grips.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #32 - 03/22/13 at 20:14:20

That's the same green as my 69 D100 and the 63 CL72 (248cc parallel twin Honda Scrambler). Looks great Max.

Emissions tests on a motorcycle? Where I live you don't even need a muffler or turn signals, there is only 1 mirror required AND no handlebar height limit... all per state law. And the state congress is working on a helmet law overhaul (over age 21, advanced rider course graduation certificate and $50 tax per year to ride w/o a helmet).

If they start to do emissions tests county wide, I'm 200m (maybe) from my other property over the county line... plus have property in 2 other states (Arkansas and Mississippi)...

You should come over, three weekends ago a treasure hunter found an 1800s child sized broad axe in my garden near the site of a Civil War doctor's office... I do have a spare metal detector... Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #33 - 03/23/13 at 10:04:48

Borracho wrote on 03/22/13 at 17:26:03:
nice bike! I like the color and rear fender setup.

Hey thanks man, the rear fender was a bit a pain in the a.. to fit, it was so tight that i had to cut it or the tire won't fit inside of it...
For the colour i had one of those few strikes of luck finding some rattlecans that were almost the same colour of the bike... at 3€ a pop it was the best deal that i had in a long time...

IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #34 - 03/23/13 at 10:44:32

WD wrote on 03/22/13 at 20:14:20:
That's the same green as my 69 D100 and the 63 CL72 (248cc parallel twin Honda Scrambler). Looks great Max.

Emissions tests on a motorcycle? Where I live you don't even need a muffler or turn signals, there is only 1 mirror required AND no handlebar height limit... all per state law. And the state congress is working on a helmet law overhaul (over age 21, advanced rider course graduation certificate and $50 tax per year to ride w/o a helmet).

If they start to do emissions tests county wide, I'm 200m (maybe) from my other property over the county line... plus have property in 2 other states (Arkansas and Mississippi)...

You should come over, three weekends ago a treasure hunter found an 1800s child sized broad axe in my garden near the site of a Civil War doctor's office... I do have a spare metal detector... Wink

Well my friend that's why you live in free country and i'm not...
Don't get me started on how here in Europe and especially in Italy we are so screwed with laws... can you imagine that? this place sucks BIG TIME! I can't even change the tire size of my Ranger or i end up with a confiscated truck and a huge fine... and no insurance cover in case of an accident.
For the bike, it must have two mirrors (and they have to be omologated, a.k.a. big as a tv set) the muffler has to be the original or if not it must be also omologated, and i cannot stretch the forks or change the frame, so no Ryca bobber kit for me, and not to mention that if you have a side mounted licence plate cops are allowed to shot on sight (just kidding, but again confiscated vehicle and HUGE fine)
About the emission i had to take it to the Suzuki dealer and wait almost a week to get the emission control passed... they had to change the jets of the carburetor in order to fit in to the parameters... and not one time but they had to try a few times.
Sometimes i wonder why i still live here (but that's another story)
I would love to come over; for what i've read in your state has been fought most of the Civil War, only Virginia saw more battles (according to Wikipedia).
About 12 years ago i did a couple of trips in the US, but both times in California, and now i'm much more into the southern states... love the accent, and from my humble point of view there lies the true America, the one that i wish to see sooner or later...
Anyway, thaks for the support and the nice comments, you guys have been so kind and helpful.. i will post some other pictures as soon as the weather allows me to take the bike for a spin.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #35 - 03/23/13 at 11:17:08

I used to live on the Andalucian coast. Naval Support Activity Rota Spain. Was a great place to live until the Euro was introduced, along with a ton of E.U. rules and regs that make absolutely no sense.

My wife and I are actually thinking of going the other way. Lithuania, Germany, Denmark or Holland... or Chile, Argentina, Paraguay...

Someplace with seasons that don't involve a lot of mosquitoes or ticks.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #36 - 03/23/13 at 12:18:02

WD wrote on 03/23/13 at 11:17:08:
I used to live on the Andalucian coast. Naval Support Activity Rota Spain. Was a great place to live until the Euro was introduced, along with a ton of E.U. rules and regs that make absolutely no sense.

My wife and I are actually thinking of going the other way. Lithuania, Germany, Denmark or Holland... or Chile, Argentina, Paraguay...

Someplace with seasons that don't involve a lot of mosquitoes or ticks.  Grin

Yeah, the Euro has been kind of a weird change... for some things it's been good but for many others has been a disaster... my wage in the early 2000's was basically cut in half with the introduction of the euro...
but without it right now we will move around with a buggy strapped to a donkey, 'cause the price of gas would be impossible for regular people...
If you plan to take a holiday in those places i suggest Denmark or holland, those two country are pretty cool... South America i've no clue, probably because never interested me... too similar to Italy i guess lol...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #37 - 03/23/13 at 12:22:43

Pine ...

Wife ?  
Girlfriend ?

It's against the law here to post a photo of a female without identifying her you know ?

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #38 - 03/23/13 at 13:57:57

The bike looks great Max, great job!  Glad that you got all the emissions ironed out  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #39 - 03/26/13 at 16:08:47

ToesNose wrote on 03/23/13 at 13:57:57:
The bike looks great Max, great job!  Glad that you got all the emissions ironed out  Wink

Hey thanks, just hope it will last... Here the emission check it's every two years and it seems that every time it gets harder to pass...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:23:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rescuing a Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.