Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dyno results + pics of mods (Read 424 times)
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Re: Dyno results + pics of mods
Reply #15 - 01/02/13 at 21:07:29

JohnBoy wrote on 01/02/13 at 20:03:00:
The screen is sold as a flow regulator for a computer.

No kidding?  Have a link?  I just googled around a little bit and didn't hit anything, but I'd be interested in seeing what those cost.  I made something almost exactly like that out of black drinking straws to use as a flash modifier for my camera flash equipment, and was thinking about making another one but hadn't got around to it yet because it took forever.  Grin

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #16 - 01/02/13 at 23:20:21

Diamond Jim! Long time Dude!!
You inspired numerous changes on my bike.
Rermember this?

I don't have any data to support this, but it did seem to smooth out some of the rough spots. It has been installed between an 'Oldfeller's' air cleaner and the carb for three years.

Sweet. What are the dimensions of the individual diameters to length? A length to diameter ratio of 6-7: 1 was the magic number I found through exhaustive research regarding laminar flow dynamics.  I figure you already knew this through research.  Less than 6x:1 results in the design being minimally effective.  Greater than 7x:1 then resistance increases. Interesting stuff.

It helped with mine.  The way my bike was setup I had that large open space behind the carb.  Adding and tweaking the aluminum deflector plate on the floor of the frame cavity, combined with the wind normally deflected off your legs and inner thighs to the inside (into the bike)  helped create a pocket of turbulent air inside that frame cavitiy.

When riding, I could reach down and place my hand in that cavity and be amazed at how much airflow was there and how it felt as though it was forming a wave that followed along the bottom, then deflected upwards and then forward by the frame design, curling forward towards the carb.  One of those certainly improved my bike's feel.  I've always wondered what that setup combined with one of Lancer's high performace carb setups would be like.

It feels wierd talking about and posting pics of what is now someone else's bike but it allows me to talk about mods and keeps me in the loop a little.  I hope everyne can bear with me.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 01/03/13 at 03:49:39

diamond jim wrote on 01/02/13 at 23:20:21:
Diamond Jim! Long time Dude!!
You inspired numerous changes on my bike.
Rermember this?

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/russ_diamond_jim/turbulator2-1_zpseb...

I don't have any data to support this, but it did seem to smooth out some of the rough spots. It has been installed between an 'Oldfeller's' air cleaner and the carb for three years.

Sweet. What are the dimensions of the individual diameters to length? A length to diameter ratio of 6-7: 1 was the magic number I found through exhaustive research regarding laminar flow dynamics.  I figure you already knew this through research.  Less than 6x:1 results in the design being minimally effective.  Greater than 7x:1 then resistance increases. Interesting stuff.

It helped with mine.  The way my bike was setup I had that large open space behind the carb.  Adding and tweaking the aluminum deflector plate on the floor of the frame cavity, combined with the wind normally deflected off your legs and inner thighs to the inside (into the bike)  helped create a pocket of turbulent air inside that frame cavitiy.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/russ_diamond_jim/SMALLBIKEPIC_zpsff1...
When riding, I could reach down and place my hand in that cavity and be amazed at how much airflow was there and how it felt as though it was forming a wave that followed along the bottom, then deflected upwards and then forward by the frame design, curling forward towards the carb.  One of those certainly improved my bike's feel.  I've always wondered what that setup combined with one of Lancer's high performace carb setups would be like.

It feels wierd talking about and posting pics of what is now someone else's bike but it allows me to talk about mods and keeps me in the loop a little.  I hope everyne can bear with me.

I still have the original that DJ created

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #18 - 01/03/13 at 12:02:10

That thing looks pretty restrictive. I'd go for the honeycomb from a mass-air sensor.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 03:38:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyno results + pics of mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.