Luggage Rack / Backrest (Read 70 times)
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Luggage Rack / Backrest
12/31/12 at 16:56:36

Anybody remember these.  I've got one on my Goldwing.  Would love to find one for the Savage.

The one I have has an adjustable position backrest on it as well.  That's where I am headed if I can find something that works.

I never realized just how little storage/carrying space there was on the savage.  I can carry a huge pile of stuff on my little 50cc scooter.  There's no place to put anything on the Savage but the saddle bags.  And, I really like having a backrest for riding solo.

Any ideas out there other than start welding and have it chromed when finished?

luggage_rack.jpg

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Luggage Rack / Backrest
Reply #1 - 12/31/12 at 17:18:03

Steve I have not found anything other than the factory rack,which seems to be too light to carry much more than a lunchbox. And it only fits with the factory passenger backrest. There are a few aftermarket racks out there but they are expensive ad would need to be modified quite a bit to fir the Savage/S40. If you find something that works with little modification and does not cost a small fortune please let the rest of us know!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Re: Luggage Rack / Backrest
Reply #2 - 01/01/13 at 20:08:18

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 17:26:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Luggage Rack / Backrest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.