Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Cavi's Mikuni TM40 and Lancer's header thread (Read 664 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Cavi's Mikuni TM40 and Lancer's header thread
12/25/12 at 01:41:43

I think the bore is Teflon coated. I've never seen that before. It's pretty slick. *ba-dum-tss*

This is the main benefit a flat-slide has over the round-slide. It's as close to a perfectly smooth bore that you're gonna get from a carburetor.

Float bowl removed. I was actually pretty surprised to see plastic floats.

The bowl has a nice little access screw so the main jet can be changed without removing the bowl which means you don't have to pull the carb off the bike. That round thing in the bottom right is the pump.

A couple close-ups.

I think my favorite feature is that white knob. It's the idle adjustment. This is going to come in really handy.

It will be a while before I fire up me bike so if you want any more pictures of this I'll be more than happy to snap them and post them up.

« Last Edit: 12/29/12 at 10:38:39 by Cavi Mike »  
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re:  A few pics of my Mikuni TM40 flat-slide pumpe
Reply #1 - 12/25/12 at 02:24:58

Very nice, aren't new toys fun ?
How much did you get it for ?

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 12/25/12 at 02:30:54

Oh yeah I love new toys. I paid $250 for it from XCBob's.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #3 - 12/25/12 at 05:20:13

How did you decide on the size?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 12/25/12 at 07:47:11

If you have an interest check out the Quad Flow Torque Wing by Thunder Products.  I just got it with my latest order from them and am going to test it in my VM carb.  It can be used in the TM flat slides as well.

www.thunderproducts.com

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 12/25/12 at 10:42:53

I was actually looking at the VIP. If this carb does turn out to be too big in the end - which it very well may be - I'm gonna get one of those. It also has a turbulence arrester in it.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/VIP.htm

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #6 - 12/26/12 at 09:56:17

Very Nice. Looking forward to hearing more once installed and road tested. Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 12/26/12 at 11:14:50

Cavi Mike wrote on 12/25/12 at 10:42:53:
I was actually looking at the VIP. If this carb does turn out to be too big in the end - which it very well may be - I'm gonna get one of those. It also has a turbulence arrester in it.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/VIP.htm

You should give Lonn a call at Thunder Products and talk to him about what you are doing and get his take on what might work best for you.  He  created the products and can point you in the best direction.  He is quite the innovator.  I have been doing business with him for many years and he has always been very helpful and straightforward.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #8 - 12/26/12 at 11:53:40

LANCER wrote on 12/25/12 at 07:47:11:
If you have an interest check out the Quad Flow Torque Wing by Thunder Products.  I just got it with my latest order from them and am going to test it in my VM carb.  It can be used in the TM flat slides as well.

www.thunderproducts.com

These gizmos are worthless 90% of the time.  It will be interesting to see how it works out when someone like you who knows what he is doing gives it a valid test, without any kind of a marketing agenda involved.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 12/28/12 at 02:00:39

Gyrobob wrote on 12/26/12 at 11:53:40:

www.thunderproducts.com

These gizmos are worthless 90% of the time.  It will be interesting to see how it works out when someone like you who knows what he is doing gives it a valid test, without any kind of a marketing agenda involved.

The theory behind it is the same as the Guide Vanes on the intake of a jet engine, to stabilize and straighten the air flow that results in less turbulence and higher air velocity/volume, boosting performance of the engine.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #10 - 12/28/12 at 04:38:32

LANCER wrote on 12/28/12 at 02:00:39:

www.thunderproducts.com

The theory behind it is the same as the Guide Vanes on the intake of a jet engine, to stabilize and straighten the air flow that results in less turbulence and higher air velocity/volume, boosting performance of the engine.

I know the theory.  I am just really interested to see what your results are,.. since you have nothing to lose other than the purchase price and a tiny bit of pride if it turns out to be just another gizmo.  Most of what you read about these things is generated by those make/market/sell them.  You have no agenda like that, so if it doesn't work as advertised, I'm confident you'll let us know in brutally honest terms.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 12/28/12 at 05:44:11

Gyrobob wrote on 12/28/12 at 04:38:32:
LANCER wrote on 12/28/12 at 02:00:39:

www.thunderproducts.com

I know the theory.  I am just really interested to see what your results are,.. since you have nothing to lose other than the purchase price and a tiny bit of pride if it turns out to be just another gizmo.  Most of what you read about these things is generated by those make/market/sell them.  You have no agenda like that, so if it doesn't work as advertised, I'm confident you'll let us know in brutally honest terms.

Yep, that is my intent.  My only interest is FUNCTION.  
Some stuff to do this next week or so that has priority but should be able to do a carb swap on one of the S40's after that.  Will start with a standard 36VM, then add the UFO, then the Torque Wing.  
I'm having a prototype header being made now and hope to have it soon.  It is 1.65"OD/1.5"ID; standard length and similar shape as stock, with a 10 deg adapter piece similar to what RYCA has.  No price details yet.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #12 - 12/28/12 at 17:13:00

The worst part about the BCB and RYCA exhausts is that horrible bend.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 12/29/12 at 02:40:49

Cavi Mike wrote on 12/28/12 at 17:13:00:
The worst part about the BCB and RYCA exhausts is that horrible bend.

Do you like it left straight or is it the hassle of messing with the small bend piece and would prefer the bend to be part of the header, so it is all one piece ?

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 12/29/12 at 04:20:18

It's all about the aesthetics. The kink is an eyesore. If you were gonna design a custom header I think the first thing you should do is eliminate that kink.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 15:17:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cavi's Mikuni TM40 and Lancer's header thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.