Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
the results of the year. your achievements. (Read 323 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: the results of the year. your achievements.
Reply #15 - 01/03/13 at 11:08:08

I can button my own shirts, walk without a cane, see well, drive myself, told my family how much I love them.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 01/03/13 at 12:28:50

It has been a bad/good year for me:

BAD:
I had a car buddy/friend for the last 30 years, and he died of Mesothelioma after a 4 year battle.  I spent a ton of time in 2012 getting his affairs in order and his property sold and/or disposed of.  There were two other of his friends helping, and we all pitched in and got to know each other better.

My Savage ate a crank bearing and needed to be torn down and rebuilt.

Work is slow - down to 4 day weeks for the 2nd year in a row.  The extra weekend day is nice, but the 20% pay cut sucks.

GOOD:
Just before my friend passed away - he gave me his 1951 MG TD that is completey restored.

I bought my Savage - and the engine rebuild went well and it now runs great!

When my friend started to decline from the Mesothelioma - I vowed to get healthier for each day he got sicker.  I have been hitting the gym hard every morning from 6:00 until 7:30.  I went from 172 pounds to 156, I went from 20.6% body fat to 11%.  I have won the Biggest Loser, Summer Olymics and Pump Off Competitions at our gym, I can run a 10K race in 47 minutes, and I am in great shape for my age!  I owe all the motivation to my old friend Dennis, and the Lord has blessed me with good health to make this possible.

Geez Dave!... You blew the sleeves right off yer' shirt!... -Serow   Shocked...

« Last Edit: 01/06/13 at 11:46:25 by Serowbot »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #17 - 01/03/13 at 14:02:24

Simply awesome.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #18 - 01/05/13 at 01:37:45

prsavage wrote on 01/03/13 at 10:27:39:
Continued to stay faithful to my wife.  But there's this much younger woman I am having an EXTREMLY difficult time staying away from.  Fifteen years and I've never been really tempted but I sure am now.

I'll take either off your hands man ... been 3 years alone and on my own now and it truly sucks Sad

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/05/13 at 15:20:08

Well good and bad here also. My son finally is setteling down with a girl I really like. Made another year through this bad economy and the business actually made some money. Had the pleasure of doing two mission trips to Nicaragua. However lost my wife suddenly to cancer. 19 days from her diagnosis to passing. We were married (or living together) 40 years. I sure do miss her. :'(

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #20 - 01/05/13 at 16:36:27

PerrydaSavage wrote on 01/05/13 at 01:37:45:
Continued to stay faithful to my wife.  But there's this much younger woman I am having an EXTREMLY difficult time staying away from.  Fifteen years and I've never been really tempted but I sure am now.

I'll take either off your hands man ... been 3 years alone and on my own now and it truly sucks Sad

Like my grandfather used to say: "You can look at the menu, but eat at home."

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #21 - 01/06/13 at 09:35:45

MShipley wrote on 01/05/13 at 15:20:08:
Well good and bad here also. My son finally is setteling down with a girl I really like. Made another year through this bad economy and the business actually made some money. Had the pleasure of doing two mission trips to Nicaragua. However lost my wife suddenly to cancer. 19 days from her diagnosis to passing. We were married (or living together) 40 years. I sure do miss her. :'(

I feel sorry for you..
believe that with the new year to start a new life with new joys...(sorry, but said, " how could...)

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #22 - 01/27/13 at 10:13:08

Good and bad here through the year.  Both of my sons are ok and healthy and happy. One is 19 the other is 10.  I made it to 49 with no major health problems.  I made it another year being faithful to my wife. Can't say the same for her being faithful to me. Economy is hitting hard. Been on 4 days at work for 2.5 years but we are squeaking by.  I got a savage. Much less investment than getting the old goldwing rideable again.  It's great to be on two wheels again after a little over 20 years.  I've only  been able to put about 35 miles on it so far due to cold, rain, ice, etc. I've had a 50cc scooter about 4 years now which just reinforced the need to get a good bike again.

I am sorry for those of you who have lost loved ones and friends over the year and happy for those of you who have had good fortunes.

I hope everyone has a great year for 2013.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #23 - 01/28/13 at 03:14:41

"Dangerous waters dude", it's time to stay focused on your course lest you CRASH & BURN.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #24 - 01/28/13 at 03:26:53

Quote:
 I have been hitting the gym hard every morning from 6:00 until 7:30.  I went from 172 pounds to 156, I went from 20.6% body fat to 11%.  I have won the Biggest Loser, Summer Olymics and Pump Off Competitions at our gym, I can run a 10K race in 47 minutes, and I am in great shape for my age!  I owe all the motivation to my old friend Dennis, and the Lord has blessed me with good health to make this possible.
http://i46.tinypic.com/5oio49.jpg

Yep, ripped those sleeves right off there!
Are you trying to throw down the gauntlet dude ?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #25 - 01/28/13 at 05:12:57

LANCER wrote on 01/28/13 at 03:26:53:
Quote:
 I have been hitting the gym hard every morning from 6:00 until 7:30.  I went from 172 pounds to 156, I went from 20.6% body fat to 11%.  I have won the Biggest Loser, Summer Olymics and Pump Off Competitions at our gym, I can run a 10K race in 47 minutes, and I am in great shape for my age!  I owe all the motivation to my old friend Dennis, and the Lord has blessed me with good health to make this possible.
http://i46.tinypic.com/5oio49.jpg

Yep, ripped those sleeves right off there!
Are you trying to throw down the gauntlet dude ?

Well....I do challenge everyone not to take whatever good health they have for granted.  I was snapped out of my complacency by a dying friend.  The first few months at the gym were painful and I wanted to quit.....but eventually my body got used to the challenge and now I feel great when being pushed.  The gym is loaded with people that have real health issues.....and I have a lot of respect for them as they are doing the best they can.  Some are recovering from strokes, heart attacks, bypass surgery, or obesity......and they are working to overcome it.  I was blessed with good genes, good health, and no current injuries......and I was just wasting that away by not taking advantage of it.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #26 - 01/28/13 at 05:26:01

I'm working it relatively well but not as much as I should...a good reason to buckle down and do it right.  My body does not respond like it use to but I need to make good use of the time God gives me and not waste the physical resources He provides.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #27 - 01/28/13 at 08:57:25

arteacher wrote on 12/29/12 at 14:04:16:
Congestive heart failure.

I had a triple bypass in '10, my E.F. is 25%.  I had a stroke and now have Aphasia and Apraxia, but as long as I think before I speak I am fine (yeah, like thats going to happen!)  But I am still alive.  And I can still ride.  That is all that really matters.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #28 - 01/28/13 at 09:03:08

v-pilot wrote on 12/31/12 at 21:21:30:
I got a Savage!  Cheesy
I got rid of my Savage!  No one told me how convenient it is to step through the frame.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:15:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › the results of the year. your achievements.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.