Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First ticket and Rice Krispies... (Read 116 times)
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
First ticket and Rice Krispies...
01/27/13 at 16:21:25

Well I done did it guys...got my first speeding ticket on the ol' rat bike.  Officer clocked me at 67 in a 55...that's a big $133 hole in the pocket now.  The funny thing is I had just checked my speedo and thought I was doin 60.

On a side note...my neighbor (rides a Hurley Heritage Softail Classic) named my ride for me last Sunday while we were riding.  He decided I should call it Rice Krispy cause she "snap, crackles and pops" (braveteacher reminded me of this).  I think the neighbor is jealous cause his bike doesn't talk to him when he rides.  Wink

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: First ticket and Rice Krispies...
Reply #1 - 01/27/13 at 18:04:32

Junkie it sounds like you are in VERY BAD NEED of a shot of Dragon  Roll Eyes !

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 01/27/13 at 20:05:14

Bet the neighbor starts asking stuff like, "How much did it cost?", "Vibrate much?", What kind of mileage ya' get?", FINALLY: "You can ride mine if I can ride yours?"  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 01/28/13 at 03:06:50

A little SNAP-CRACKLE-POP rolling out of a good healthy big single cylinder engine on decel is music to my ears.  It just does good things down in my soul.   Cool

IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #4 - 01/28/13 at 18:04:54

Yeah, I have to be careful. Our local police dept have put revenue collection into high gear.

IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Reply #5 - 01/28/13 at 20:00:12

Well I must have been going faster than I thought cause I checked the speedo against the one on my neighbor's bike yesterday while out riding and it's accurate at multiple speeds.  Guess I'll just have to watch more carefully from now on.  I'm looking forward to the Dragon trip more and more...on a side note I found myself in the "currently unemployed" category this morning and things are currently in the works to return to my last job which should allow me to leave earlier on the Friday!  Hey I'm trying to look at the whole situation in some kind of positive light...no matter how slim the light is.  Some days I feel like I'm running head long into the locomotive at the end of the tunnel instead of the day light.  I should find out by the end of the week if I'll be going back...it's a pretty big pay cut though so things are gonna be tight.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #6 - 01/28/13 at 20:19:51

Checking the speedometer against the neighbor's bike only tells you the two read alike. It doesn't tell you either is accurate. If you have or can borrow a GPS, or if you have a smart phone with a GPS app, check the speedometer against that. Be careful - it is only too easy to become absorbed in playing with the GPS and lose situational awareness. If your area has some of the "Your Speed is..." radar units you can use those. Problem with those is they tend to read motorcycles at fairly short distances, so make sure there isn't a truck in the adjacent lane.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 18:37:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › First ticket and Rice Krispies...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.