Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Oh yea one more whacko with guns. (Read 512 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Oh yea one more whacko with guns.
Reply #30 - 12/31/12 at 05:09:30

Gyrobob wrote on 12/30/12 at 19:01:19:
LANCER wrote on 12/30/12 at 17:27:40:
Starlifter wrote on 12/30/12 at 14:37:08:
Lancer why are you shouting at us with giant blue type?

I'm not shouting.  The slightly larger print is easier for me to read.
I like blue.
Review all my posts on this website and you will find that most of them are in the same color/font.  

I can relate.  Last year a few folks here gave me the same she-ite about putting all my posts in 14 rather than using 11.  Like you, I simply wanted to read it easier.  So now, to keep them from getting their panties in a wad, I use Arial and 14 on every post.  A little larger and clearer, but doesn't seem to generate the same amount of rage.  At least no one has bugged me about it lately.

That's what a FREE country is supposed to be about; having the freedom to do/write what you want as long as you do not harm others.  Others are free to read or not read what/how I write.  It is their RIGHT to do that.

« Last Edit: 01/02/13 at 03:26:44 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 12/31/12 at 15:38:08

Text shouting is upper case ... the bigger font in different colors, we use that @ work cos we get into these IM sessions with 20-30 people ... and we can sort of quickly parse our team members via font size and shape and color.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 01/01/13 at 23:03:56

What's the harm?

1. Why do you need to see your posts bigger and clearer than anyone else's?  Are you more important?  Don't you care to read what others have posted just as easily?

2. I'm nearsighted, my old eyes don't focus on the computer while wearing my glasses anymore, so I do sympathize with needing larger text.  I resize the text on the screen so I can comfortably see it, that's all the text.  Yeah I could resize for every post but that pretty annoying.  I don't even like doing that for pictures.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #33 - 01/02/13 at 03:21:51

verslagen1 wrote on 01/01/13 at 23:03:56:
What's the harm?

1. Why do you need to see your posts bigger and clearer than anyone else's?  Are you more important?  Don't you care to read what others have posted just as easily?

2. I'm nearsighted, my old eyes don't focus on the computer while wearing my glasses anymore, so I do sympathize with needing larger text.  I resize the text on the screen so I can comfortably see it, that's all the text.  Yeah I could resize for every post but that pretty annoying.  I don't even like doing that for pictures.

Are you asking this of me or someone else or just making a point ?

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 01/02/13 at 09:21:20

srinath wrote on 12/28/12 at 19:57:47:
Paraquat wrote on 12/28/12 at 14:41:48:
THE DECISION LIES WITH THE INDIVIDUAL.

--Steve

And this brilliant line of reasoning doesn't somehow apply to gays, abortion, religion ?

Cool.
Srinath.

These decisions SHOULD be the choice of the individual.

If you want to be gay then go be gay.
If you want to get an abortion go right ahead.
If you want to worship whatever God(s) you want to feel free.

Who am I to dictate what you can and can not do?
Who is anyone else to dictate what I can and can not do?
(This isn't a vote for anarchy so don't twist it in that direction. I support a basic societal set of rules)

At a minimum there should be a general set of laws by state.
Imagine a theoretical situation:
If I favored religion and California was pro gay marriage, pro marijuana and against religion and Ohio was pro gay marriage, pro marijuana and pro religion I could pack up and move to Ohio.
If Florida was against marijuana but pro gay marriage and pro religion I could move there but would have to sacrifice smoking dope.

That's simply choosing where to live based on the options available to me, but at least I'd have options to pursue my desires.

Let's go a step further; back in time to when California first wanted to legalize marijuana.
Why not? Because the federal government says no.
Why not have used California as an example. If California, as a state, wanted to legalize marijuana then let them. See how their economy, production, employment, crime rates all change as a result. Other states could use them as an example and then dismiss, accept, or adapt the findings based off of California's little experiment all while remaining a control group isolated from the experiment.

That's such a great idea it should be an amendment.
Giving the state that power would contradict what the federal government has previously imposed however. If only someone came up with that "amendment" in or around 1795 before the feds illegally seized their power. It could've be the 11th amendment.

(It is the 11th amendment)

--Steve

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #35 - 01/02/13 at 09:49:38

LANCER wrote on 01/02/13 at 03:21:51:
verslagen1 wrote on 01/01/13 at 23:03:56:
What's the harm?

Are you asking this of me or someone else or just making a point ?

Just 'spaining my point of view, as an equal, using small type like most everyone else.

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #36 - 01/02/13 at 11:28:50

Paraquat wrote on 01/02/13 at 09:21:20:
srinath wrote on 12/28/12 at 19:57:47:
Paraquat wrote on 12/28/12 at 14:41:48:
THE DECISION LIES WITH THE INDIVIDUAL.

--Steve

And this brilliant line of reasoning doesn't somehow apply to gays, abortion, religion ?

Cool.
Srinath.

These decisions SHOULD be the choice of the individual.

If you want to be gay then go be gay.
If you want to get an abortion go right ahead.
If you want to worship whatever God(s) you want to feel free.

Who am I to dictate what you can and can not do?
Who is anyone else to dictate what I can and can not do?
(This isn't a vote for anarchy so don't twist it in that direction. I support a basic societal set of rules)

At a minimum there should be a general set of laws by state.
Imagine a theoretical situation:
If I favored religion and California was pro gay marriage, pro marijuana and against religion and Ohio was pro gay marriage, pro marijuana and pro religion I could pack up and move to Ohio.
If Florida was against marijuana but pro gay marriage and pro religion I could move there but would have to sacrifice smoking dope.

That's simply choosing where to live based on the options available to me, but at least I'd have options to pursue my desires.

Let's go a step further; back in time to when California first wanted to legalize marijuana.
Why not? Because the federal government says no.
Why not have used California as an example. If California, as a state, wanted to legalize marijuana then let them. See how their economy, production, employment, crime rates all change as a result. Other states could use them as an example and then dismiss, accept, or adapt the findings based off of California's little experiment all while remaining a control group isolated from the experiment.

That's such a great idea it should be an amendment.
Giving the state that power would contradict what the federal government has previously imposed however. If only someone came up with that "amendment" in or around 1795 before the feds illegally seized their power. It could've be the 11th amendment.

(It is the 11th amendment)

--Steve

You say this ... but the same side that "wants guns so people have the freedom to do as they please" is all about restricting the rest of the rights as you have outlined.

You are a pro gun liberal looks like.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 01/02/13 at 11:46:06

Next time you look in the dictionary for the definition of hypocrisy; here's what it will say:

A Clarkstown police report issued on December 28, 2012, confirmed that The Journal News has hired armed security guards from New City-based RGA Investigations and that they are manning the newspaper’s Rockland County headquarters at 1 Crosfield Ave., West Nyack, through at least tomorrow, Wednesday, January 2, 2013.

According to police reports on public record, Journal News Rockland Editor Caryn A. McBride was alarmed by the volume of “negative correspondence,” namely an avalanche of phone calls and emails to the Journal News office, following the newspaper’s publishing of a map of all pistol permit holders in Rockland and Westchester.

Due to apparent safety concerns, the newspaper then decided to hire RGA Investigations to provide armed personnel to man the location

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 01/02/13 at 12:54:53

I dont know what Bogus Bovine excrement this is webster ... but gun permits issued to people = permits issued to criminals and non criminals. Any one can get it, the NRA has made sure of that. Its what the NRA does.

Putting armed cops and security people around you = good guys carrying guns. Its what the NRA says.

Do as I say, not as I do ?

Its not hypocritical, its a reflection of the rather lax gun permitting/issual/sale process. Why doesn't it ever enter your head ... we want good guys to have guns ... we dont trust in the gun sale and permitting process to make that happen.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 01/02/13 at 13:09:48

So srinath, you are saying that it is NOT HYPOCRITICAL for The Journal to be aginst my rights to defend my home, and to go so far as to print my name and address in thier paper (as if I am a bad person) without my permission, because I own a gun to protect my home. When they hire guns to protect thier home..............sounds like hypocracy to me.

However, I will stand up for The Jounal here because the truth is we are all hypocrits to some degree....... it is our God given right to choose wrong. Smiley

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #40 - 01/02/13 at 13:15:50

They didn't say you are a bad person in the list of gun owners did they ?
If they did, they deserve the threats they got.

They put a list in the paper ... public record, much like the property owners lists and marriage records. If they got threats ... I think the people making the threats have made themselves to be what the paper's staff need protection from.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 01/02/13 at 13:25:09

Srinath; have you ever made a valid point in your entire life?.....

Trying to talk to you is like trying to talk to 5 or 6 different people at once and you can only make out  a word every now and then.

I don't think anyone has any idea what you are trying to say half the time.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #42 - 01/02/13 at 17:45:44

srinath wrote on 01/02/13 at 12:54:53:
... but gun permits issued to people = permits issued to criminals and non criminals. Any one can get it, the NRA has made sure of that.

This is just totally flat out wrong in every way.  Not a spec of truth in it at all.

All permit processes have a background check.  Felons are knocked off.  Adjudicated metal deficits (Legally judged nutbags) are also denied.  In Texas, anyone behind in child support, state taxes or student loans is also blocked.  Local law enforcement is notified and they can ask for "extended investigation" in some cases. (People under investigation)  In New Jersey, you have to have written approval of the local police chief.

So once again, you are full of it.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #43 - 01/02/13 at 19:44:44

Ooo yea we have afool proof method then ... Ok so the last 4-5 killers, Va tech, arizona parking lot, webster fire, sandy hook etc etc must have killed people with ... of course, ping pongs. Got it, ban ping pongs. Yea ping pongs are dangerous ... so are tennisses and baseketballs.

Webster, sorry, if you dont like the points I make and have nothing to counter that and prefer to hide under the guise of "unable to comprehend". As always, its only you who doesn't.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #44 - 01/03/13 at 05:51:24

srinath wrote on 01/02/13 at 19:44:44:
"unable to comprehend". As always, its only you who doesn't.

Cool.
Srinath.

Dude, I say this not as part of the discussion on guns but just as a conversational comment; many of your comments are unintelligible.  I'm not trying to be mean or confrontational here at all...just saying it is often hard to understand what you are trying to say.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 08:55:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Oh yea one more whacko with guns.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.