Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Our Chrismas is going to be very low key this (Read 156 times)
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: Our Chrismas is going to be very low key this
12/21/12 at 17:21:53

I recommend a bottle of mulled wine, a warm fire, a fuzzy rug, and a significant lack of inhibitions.

Merry Christmas!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #1 - 12/21/12 at 22:03:53

I've learned to keep all holidays much lower key than I used to...
The faster the world turns,... the slower I want to go...
It helps differentiate the regular days from the special days...
.. which, in turn, makes me appreciate every day... Huh...

Profoundly circular logic... Uh huh?...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 12/22/12 at 03:15:31

houstonbofh wrote on 12/21/12 at 17:21:53:
I recommend a bottle of mulled wine, a warm fire, a fuzzy rug, and a significant lack of inhibitions.

Merry Christmas!

Wine ?
Fire ?
Soft place to lay ?
Significant other ..... Cool
Inhibitions ???  That is not in my vocabulary for this type of situation.   Cheesy

IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Reply #3 - 12/22/12 at 13:58:08

if I didn't have 4 children under 10 it would be nice

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #4 - 12/22/12 at 14:11:18

Except for the children, everyone on my wife's and my Christmas list got the same gift this year-a donation in their name to the local food bank. Our food banks are feeding more people that ever before, and their shelves are almost bare.  It bothers me that we are concerned about the "Fiscal Cliff," when we should be concerned about the fact that most of the people in homeless shelters are women and children. I know that I am an old fart, but what has happened to this country?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 12/22/12 at 14:12:53

clearush wrote on 12/22/12 at 13:58:08:
if I didn't have 4 children under 10 it would be nice

Relish these years when your kids are at home. Kids are what make Christmas special.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #6 - 12/22/12 at 14:50:19

Artteacher -

You hit it right on.  We have only one child, a 32 year old daughter.  The nice part now is that she and her husband live only 7/10ths of a mile down the road from us.  Far enough away that we all have our privacy, yet obviously close enough to visit often.  Tonite she invited my wife and me over for dinner, seafood linguine with mussles, shrimp, clams, and fish in an olive oil drizzle.  She has become an amateur gourmet chef.
I always feel bad for people whose kids move half a continent away.  I get along great with my son-in-law, we go out on a boys night at least once a week - I'm a lucky guy.

Merry Christmas.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 12/22/12 at 16:10:55

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/22/12 at 14:50:19:
Artteacher -

You hit it right on.  We have only one child, a 32 year old daughter.  The nice part now is that she and her husband live only 7/10ths of a mile down the road from us.  Far enough away that we all have our privacy, yet obviously close enough to visit often.  Tonite she invited my wife and me over for dinner, seafood linguine with mussles, shrimp, clams, and fish in an olive oil drizzle.  She has become an amateur gourmet chef.
I always feel bad for people whose kids move half a continent away.  I get along great with my son-in-law, we go out on a boys night at least once a week - I'm a lucky guy.

Merry Christmas.

My youngest is up da far nort (Whitehorse) this year and won't be home for Christmas. He is 33. My oldest who is 39 is taking the grandkids (4 and 7) to visit his in laws in Bracebridge over the holidays. We will go to my in-laws for Christmas dinner.
Merry Christmas to you.
P.S.- get me the recipe. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #8 - 12/24/12 at 03:40:28

houstonbofh wrote on 12/21/12 at 17:21:53:

Sounds like almost every X-mass before marriage for me LOL    Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #9 - 12/26/12 at 22:12:15

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/22/12 at 14:50:19:
Artteacher -

Merry Christmas.

Jerry, I believe you are wrong about being lucky. I was recently complimented on my wife and being lucky to have her. I replied that I waited and looked and waited and looked until I got what I wanted--the cream of the crop. And that's not luck. I think perhaps you show your wife and daughter respect, so she looked for someone who would do the same for her. A parent's life is the best instruction book for our children. Happy New Year, you lucky dog.! Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #10 - 12/26/12 at 22:15:13

Boofer wrote on 12/26/12 at 22:12:15:
I replied that I waited and looked and waited and looked until I got what I wanted--the cream of the crop. And that's not luck.

I agree with you to a point.  It takes patience and persistence to find the right one.  It took me 38 years to find Aida, the love of my life and my perfect match.  She was lucky though, since it only took her 22 years to find me.  Wink

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #11 - 12/26/12 at 22:30:23

Houston, Merry Christmas to you and Aida. Sounds like a perfect fit. As my cousin once told me as we paddled a canoe down a snakey creek when I was 15 he said there's nothing like finding the right woman--and after about 5 seconds he said,'Then again ther's nothing like finding the wrong one, either."  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #12 - 12/27/12 at 00:33:25

Gerald.Hughes, it's the same everywhere. In New Zealand the food banks are busier than ever, the womens refuges full to overflowing, the voluntary aid workers overworked and according to some, near overwhelmed. No doubt some will be watching what some "celebrities"child got for christmas and the boxing day sales were packed out. Trade Me the NZ equivalent of EBAY is packed with unwanted gifts for sale.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #13 - 12/27/12 at 07:12:31

This year my wife Patricia and I celebrated 23 years marriage on Dec.23, and rather than buying ourselves expensive presents we splurged (?) on two train tickets and a long weekend at the Officers' Club (cheapest place there is pricewise) in Venice.

No, not Venice, NY, rather Venice, IT !

Everybody deserves a 2nd honeymoon, especially when it ISN'T the right anniversary  Wink ... yet ...

Smiley

=== 000 ===

As for the kids, too many, not many enough, kids are like happiness, you only realize how much they're worth when they aren't around... anymore...

In order to allow ourselves that one long weekend, we accepted my siste-in-law's invitation (my wife's sister) and flew our son to Belgium for him to enjoy XMas with his cousins.
Else, he would have been alone (albeit with us) and no firnds/mates/siblings with whom to spend the Holidays - he's an only child.

By the time we returned home and unpacked, my wife and I looked at each other and agreed the house was sooo silent without him around...
Undecided
We enjoyed our three days so much, but now we can't wait for him to return !  Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:26:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Re: Our Chrismas is going to be very low key this

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.