Send Topic Print
battery vent tube (Read 67 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
battery vent tube
12/04/12 at 09:47:09

Does anyone know the size(inside diameter) of this hose ?  If I can get a response in the next half hour I would be appreciative. Otherwise, I'll just get 2 or 3 different sizes off of the bulk spools at my nearest auto parts store(instead of just one).

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: battery vent tube
Reply #1 - 12/04/12 at 10:32:01

I think a vent tube is a vent tube, why not measure the vent nipple on the battery that they have in the store.  Of course, I can always find a use for a piece of hose, especiall when I don't have any.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 12/04/12 at 11:20:54

prechermike wrote on 12/04/12 at 10:32:01:
I think a vent tube is a vent tube, why not measure the vent nipple on the battery that they have in the store.  Of course, I can always find a use for a piece of hose, especiall when I don't have any.

My guess would be that he would measure the nipple if he were near the bike......but he is probably at work and going to pick one up on the way home.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 12/04/12 at 12:52:15

3/16 i.d.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 12/04/12 at 12:55:34

Dave wrote on 12/04/12 at 11:20:54:
prechermike wrote on 12/04/12 at 10:32:01:

My guess would be that he would measure the nipple if he were near the bike......but he is probably at work and going to pick one up on the way home.

That was why I suggested he measure the battery they have IN THE STORE.   Smiley

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 12/04/12 at 23:05:20

Sometimes the slight difference in what comes with a product and buying replacements makes for a difficult install. Hot water to soften plastic and dishwashing liquid (where advisable) help a lot.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:26:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › battery vent tube

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.