Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
I was once stuck on the highway! (Read 1508 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: I'm stuck on the highway.  Reply quick plz
Reply #75 - 11/29/12 at 21:38:54

Conversely, I have to agree with Cavi's earlier thoughts instead of Serowbot -- the gas went from full to just about full to just about empty -- instantly as needed.   The petcock went (first part of first previous thread) from Raptor over to stock petcock & Prime position then over to "I don't know what I've got" when the pictures were required.    

I guess "I don't know what I've got" and "I don't know how to fill up a gas tank" is supposed to excuse everything, you see.

Serowbot has accepted this explanation and will now be mulleted back & forth endlessly because ANYTHING can be changed at will now and can be excused by "I don't know what I've got" & "I don't know how to do that".  

Suggestion:  Make him show pictures and correctly name his pieces before giving him any instructional thread to read.  

Then make him ask questions based on the new understanding gained from the instructional thread.
  If his excuse is he doesn't know anything, then he has some work to do to get knowledgeable enough to run a motorcycle.

================

So, the entertainment continues unabated.  Pop a beer, get your popcorn bowl and pull up your comfy Barca-lounger -- this will be a long one as a brand new moderator gets broken in the hard way.  

You see, I own a Raptor as do about half of us now-a-days and we all are sitting here knowing full well his pics don't show any kinks in his hose and a Raptor simply can't do what he says it was doing.

Tell him to put some gas in his gas tank and try again .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Qball52087
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike starts up, dies, then fails to stay on?!?!?!
Reply #76 - 12/05/12 at 12:39:59

Hey everyone, this is a continuation of my last post about a week ago, i just took some pics like I was advised. Pretty much for everyone who doesnt know, My bike started dieing on me almost everytime i released the throttle all the way, like as if i was shifting to a lower gear or coming to a stop light.  After dying, the bike wont start for another 10-15 min.  After starting, it will stay on while in neutral but once i get back on the road and start shifting gears and down shifting, its like it runs outa gas and sputters out.  The bike does have gas, and the idol has been raised so it idols higher.  Started it up this mornign pulled out the black knob like i always do for a cold start, started right up, after a feww minutes, i  pushed in the black knob cause it was getting warmed up and the bike died. Its happend before and it always starts back up but this time it didnt, so like i was told previously, it could be a petcock issue so i took pics and the petcock looks fine to me, does anyone see anything out of the ordinary??

1_002.JPG
  IP Logged
Qball52087
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike starts up, dies, then fails to stay on?!?
Reply #77 - 12/05/12 at 12:40:21

2_001.JPG
  IP Logged
Qball52087
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 12/05/12 at 12:40:35

3_001.JPG
  IP Logged
Qball52087
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 12/05/12 at 12:40:48

4_001.JPG
  IP Logged
Qball52087
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 12/05/12 at 12:42:11

#5      Aslo in picture number one, this plugs into my engine but as you can see under the gas tank, it was very loose.   I tighted it but i dont think that was my problem since the bike still dies.  what is it??

5_001.JPG
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #81 - 12/05/12 at 13:34:05

That's called a speedo cable.

next, that petcock is not stock. thatsa raptorcock.

verslagen1 wrote on 08/07/12 at 21:19:33:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/30/12 at 15:41:46:
If you need help with a mechanical problem... Ask your question in the Rubberside section...
We will need to know a bit about your bike, and you...
Year, Miles, modifications that apply to the problem.
Your mechanical experience, and let us know if English is not your first language...
Where you are located is helpful, too...
Also,...
What was done just before the bike started acting up, including filling up with gas.

Symptoms?
Ran fine for months, now it won't start, cuts out at speed, or what?

if its a clutch problem, what oil is in it?

1... Clymers has errors... Suzuki/Clymer Manual Errors

2... Owners will sell a bike rather than do maitenance... Cam Chain Adjuster check

3... Lot's of info in the tech section.  The link is in my sig where the orange is pointing.  Control F will help you find what you're looking for.

4... Don't ask about oil, not even where it goes.  Especially not to bill.

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #82 - 12/05/12 at 13:43:51

How are the valve clearances ? a tight valve will do nearly what you described. Except you can rev it and keep it running. Let it idle and it will die when hot.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Qball52087
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 12/05/12 at 13:55:23

i have no idea about valve clearences. How can and shoudl i check those??

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #84 - 12/05/12 at 14:17:47

These need to be answered before we go on

We will need to know a bit about your bike, and you...

Year, Miles, modifications that apply to the problem.

Your mechanical experience

Where you are located is helpful, too...

Also,...
What was done just before the bike started acting up, including filling up with gas.

Symptoms?
Ran fine for months, now it won't start, cuts out at speed, or what?

if its a clutch problem, what oil is in it?

WWW   IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 12/05/12 at 14:29:11

Lets see!!    2001 ls650 with 19000 on it.  Only mod done is an aftermarket air horn.   I usually talk under the screen name robquarantello but I'm on my brothers today.   No mechanical experience except being addicted to tools and a general knowledge regarding mechanics.   I rode the bike about 40 miles before it cut out on me while going 50 mph.  I had just refueled with refusal gas and only up to 3/4 tank.  Oil was changed 1 month ago with proper oil.  I just forget the grade

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #86 - 12/05/12 at 15:13:57

So I've reviewed your posts and I see you mentioned that you had the head cap leak and that you're going to get into it.... DID YOU?

WWW   IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #87 - 12/05/12 at 18:16:22

rquarantello4232 wrote on 12/05/12 at 14:29:11:
Lets see!!    2001 ls650 with 19000 on it.  Only mod done is an aftermarket air horn.   I usually talk under the screen name robquarantello but I'm on my brothers today.   No mechanical experience except being addicted to tools and a general knowledge regarding mechanics.   I rode the bike about 40 miles before it cut out on me while going 50 mph.  I had just refueled with refusal gas and only up to 3/4 tank.  Oil was changed 1 month ago with proper oil.  I just forget the grade

You are leaving out some Mods like the raptor and the chain drive.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 12/05/12 at 18:19:26

O yes sry,   I just wrote what I did.   It is chain driven and from what I've been told also had a raptor.   The bike may have other mods but I'm not knowledgeable enough to notice then if they aren't an obvious mod.  Pretty much I think that is it.     I have not messed with the head cap.   I cleaned up the residue and the bike leak seems to drip so little that it doesn't bother me.  I think the previous owner never cleaned the bike so it looked like a worse leak than it really wad

IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Reply #89 - 12/05/12 at 18:28:52

What part of Houston are you in. I'm Pasadena/Deer Park local and might be able to help you trouble shoot this live if you want. Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:46:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I was once stuck on the highway!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.