Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
When you squeeze me I make bad people go away (Read 314 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: When you squeeze me I make bad people go away
Reply #30 - 12/06/12 at 06:17:02

Starlifter wrote on 12/05/12 at 20:15:30:
[size=12]Mr. Paraquat, if you find truth and inspiration in the book "The Turner Diaries", then you concern me very much...That book is the "Bible" for every racist, white supremist, neo-nazi hate-group and organization in the country. This being the case, I would find it not only unpleasant to associate with you, but downright dangerous. I suggest you educate yourself.

I'm flattered.
You take what you take from this book... from any book whether it be"Catcher in the Rye" or any other book.
Am I so far off base that I could potentially see our rights degrade to a door to door weapons search as described in the book? That was my only intention in referencing the book.

If McVeigh learned how to mix up fertilizer bombs from Sesame Street would you still denounce the book? (The book doesn't really describe the methods, just that it was done)

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #31 - 12/06/12 at 08:43:40

Turner Diaries is an interesting read. So is Children of the Ice (Aryan Nations Press), Candidate for the Order, and a few other books in the same genre.

I (and a friend) have several reprints of Mien Kampf (not the sanitized version), Nazi-Soci, The Aryan Youth Primer (entry level Hitler Youth manual)... several other real and reproduction 3rd Reich books, pamphlets, leaflets, etc.

I have books from Imperial Japan; Czarist Russia; Elizabethan, Georgian and Victorian Britain; books from the Confederacy (both major ones, CSA and Iroquois)...

Just because it is in a book doesn't make it true (or real).

Stupid is stupid, be it Black Panthers, Aryan Brotherhood (who really need to take a long hard look at themselves, jail birds contribute what exactly to white culture?), Muslim extremists, extreme fundamentalist Christians or Jews...

We have new neighbors out here, they fled Memphis after the last 2 election cycles. Blacks and whites who could afford to get out of the war zone (think Mogadishu or Liberia, that's the average Memphis 'hood).

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #32 - 12/06/12 at 13:36:47

srinath wrote on 11/28/12 at 11:50:49:
Isolated examples ... besides who is against level headed people owning guns ...
Cool.
Srinath.

many groups that want to ban guns are, they do not discriminate. They need a total ban as a partial ban would not work within theory of what kills.  Didn't you hear about the kids diying from guns found in their own home?  

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #33 - 12/06/12 at 17:16:48

"many groups that want to ban guns" Pine

Who in the hell are all these groups that want to ban guns?? I'm as ultra liberal as they come and I would never give up my guns (too many right-wing lunatic fringe crazies out there).

There are about as many "gun banning" groups as there are groups that claim they have been abducted by aliens and taken for a ride in a flying saucer.

To think that Obama or any other politician would advocate banning guns is crazy talk, it would be political suicide (if not assassination) for any US govt. entity to do so.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #34 - 12/06/12 at 23:11:11

Starlifter wrote on 12/06/12 at 17:16:48:
"many groups that want to ban guns" Pine

Who in the hell are all these groups that want to ban guns?? I'm as ultra liberal as they come and I would never give up my guns (too many right-wing lunatic fringe crazies out there).

There are about as many "gun banning" groups as there are groups that claim they have been abducted by aliens and taken for a ride in a flying saucer.

To think that Obama or any other politician would advocate banning guns is crazy talk, it would be political suicide (if not assassination) for any US govt. entity to do so.

Still in shock that I just agreed with everything you said...  Shocked

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 12/07/12 at 05:01:05

NBC’s editing of the 911 audiotape in the Martin case became a public fixation after the media-monitoring Web site NewsBusters.org noted editing oddities on a “Today” show broadcast March 27. Here’s how NBC News portrayed the audiotape:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

I hope he sues them into Chapter 11......

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 12/07/12 at 05:03:41

who? well due to redistricting in Missouri, this guy is my Congressman now:
        Rep. William L. Clay (D-St. Louis, Mo.), said the Brady Bill is "the minimum step" that Congress should take to control handguns.  "We need much stricter gun control, and eventually we should bar the ownership of handguns except in a few cases," Clay said.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #37 - 12/07/12 at 05:29:58

Anyone who already has guns - I'd say all the guns they want, but I dont think there ever is such a thing, but if guns were very very restricted ... wont the guns you have become more valuable ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #38 - 12/07/12 at 07:10:11

Perhaps one of our Canadian contributors can help enlighten us.  As we know, handguns are banned in Canada except for target shooting under very controlled conditions.

But my question really relates to public attitudes up there.  While Canada has no 2nd Amendment, per se, back 150 or so years ago, there was little difference between those in Canada and we in the U.S. when it came to public opinions about virtually anything.  We had a common heritage from British colonial days, common language, except for the small part of Canada that speaks French, and a common hertitage of self determination and expression.

But in the last 40 or so years, Canada is no longer much like the U.S.; philosophically or politically.  What happened up there to change the country so much and the attitudes of its people?

If it happened to our close neighbor, why can't the same happen here?  The 2nd amendment could be legally repealed, given public support to do so.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #39 - 12/07/12 at 07:26:01

The shift in canada is due to immigration policy. Canada seems to be filled with eastern europeans, the points based system sorta favors that, and they dont have the right jobs cos they dont have the economy to get anything going right. They have software engineers (a field I know about cos I am in it) driving taxi cabs and other random things just to make a living. That usually isn't happening in the US cos he us has an employment based system. Of course it also is ponderously slow in the US and we have illegals ... canada does too, but they dont know who or how many are illegal ... here, we see mexican, we know illegal, in canada they may be legal ... you never know, so the count of how many there are is unknown.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 12/07/12 at 11:17:06

srinath wrote on 12/07/12 at 05:29:58:
Anyone who already has guns - I'd say all the guns they want, but I dont think there ever is such a thing, but if guns were very very restricted ... wont the guns you have become more valuable ?

Cool.
Srinath.

30 years ago a fully automatic M16 was 250 dollars.
Now it's ~20k.
It's only going to become more expensive.

--Steve

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #41 - 12/07/12 at 16:47:36

Canada...well, I live up here among them eh?, it's quite simple...Canadians are more civilized than us...their south is our north...if you get my drift...

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 12/10/12 at 09:23:36

Starlifter wrote on 12/06/12 at 17:16:48:
Who in the hell are all these groups that want to ban guns??

Senator Dianne Feinstein - the bane of my existence.
Then President Clinton passed the AW Sunset ban in 1994.
Obama's gun ban list:
http://www.republicmagazine.com/news/just-released-obamas-gun-ban-list.html
2009 too old? How about last August:
http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/08/white-house-confirms-obama-wants-to-ban-guns/

In fact, the assault weapons ban will have no significant effect either on the crime rate or on personal security.  Nonetheless, it is a good idea . . . .  Its only real justification is not to reduce crime but to desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation.

Charles Krauthammer (columnist), Disarm the Citizenry. But Not Yet, Washington Post, Apr. 5, 1996 (boldface added).

We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. . . .  [W]e'll have to start working again to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen the next law, and maybe again and again.  Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice.  Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. . . .  The first problem is to slow down the number of handguns being produced and sold in this country.  The second problem is to get handguns registered.  The final problem is to make possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition-except for the military, police, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors-totally illegal.

Richard Harris, A Reporter at Large: Handguns,  New Yorker, July 26, 1976, at 53, 58 (quoting Pete Shields, founder of Handgun Control, Inc.) (boldface added, italics in original).

Rep. William L. Clay (D-St. Louis, Mo.), said the Brady Bill is "the minimum step" that Congress should take to control handguns.  "We need much stricter gun control, and eventually we should bar the ownership of handguns except in a few cases," Clay said.

Robert L. Koenig, NRA-Backed Measure May Derail Brady Bill, St. Louis Post Dispatch, May 8, 1993, at 1A (boldface added).

[Peter] Jennings:  And the effect of the assault rifle ban in Stockton?  The price went up, gun stores sold out and police say that fewer than 20 were turned in.  Still, some people in Stockton argue you cannot measure the effect that way. They believe there's value in making a statement that the implements of violence are unacceptable in our culture.

[Stockton, California] Mayor [Barbara] Fass:  I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about, is that it will happen one very small step at a time, so that by the time people have "woken up" -- quote -- to what's happened, it's gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be.  But it does have to go one step at a time and the beginning of the banning of semi-assault military weapons, that are military weapons, not "household" weapons, is the first step."

ABC News Special, Peter Jennings Reporting: Guns, April 11, 1991, available on LEXIS, NEWS database, SCRIPT file (boldface added).  
http://www.gunscholar.org/gunban.htm

Former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, San Antonio Mayor Henry Cisneros and Baltimore Mayor Kurt Schmoke signed the Communitarian Network's The Case for Domestic Disarmament, which among other thing said:

There is little sense in gun registration.  What we need to significantly enhance public safety is domestic disarmament . . . .  Domestic disarmament entails the removal of arms from private hands . . . .  Given the proper political support by the people who oppose the pro-gun lobby, legislation to remove the guns from private hands, acts like the legislation drafted by Senator John Chafee [to ban handguns], can be passed in short order.

I shortly will introduce legislation banning the sale, manufacture or possession of handguns (with exceptions for law enforcement and licensed target clubs). . . .  It is time to act.  We cannot go on like this.  Ban them!

Sen. John H. Chafee (R.-R.I.), In View of Handguns' Effects, There's Only One Answer: A Ban, Minneapolis Star Tribune, June 15, 1992, at 13A.  

Maryland Attorney General J. Joseph Curran is proposing a wide-ranging package of laws that would make the state's gun control regulations among the strictest in the nation and says his ultimate goal is a ban on handguns.

Daniel LeDuc, Tough Laws For Guns Proposed In Maryland; Attorney General Says Goal Is Ban, Wash. Post, Oct. 20, 1999, at A01.

I now think the only way to control handgun use in this country is to prohibit the guns.  And the only way to do that is to change the Constitution.

Michael Gartner (then president of NBC News), Glut of Guns: What Can We Do About Them?, USA Today, Jan. 16, 1992, at 9A (boldface added).

The [American Academy of Pediatrics] believes handguns, deadly air guns and assault weapons should be banned.

American Assocation of Pediatrics, Where We Stand, available at http://www.aap.org/advocacy/wwestand.htm (visited Jan. 21, 1999) (boldface added).

I believe you specifically asked what groups?
http://dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Culture/Issues_and_Causes/Firearms_Policy/Gu...
These groups.

I could do this all lunch break.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 12/11/12 at 06:11:36

--Steve

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #44 - 12/13/12 at 05:22:42

Paraquat wrote on 11/28/12 at 09:30:15:
http://www.whoisthemonkey.com/videopics/fggunsafetyandyou.jpg

There's this dude who I consider a family friend. He has a step son. Three, in fact, but let's just focus on one.
So this step son has a kid and a girlfriend. He's good people. A hard worker. He works his ass off to provide for them. He lost darn near everything and was staying with my friend while going through a divorce (with the wife, not the present girlfriend)
He wanted custody. He fought for custody. He won custody. He spends every weekend with his kid and gf. I know because he posts the pictures at the zoo or what have you on facebook. He and his girlfriend post lovey dovey crap all day long to each other. He's dedicated.
He just moved up in the world, bought a house for his family. He took up a second job to help provide and make the ends meet.
He's delivering pizzas at night after his full time job.

So last weekend he's delivering and gets jumped by 5 Black people. Near the college campus in Middletown. (Possibly students?) Fortunately for him he had gotten his pistol permit and purchased himself a Glock this summer.
That changed their decision rather quickly.

You probably won't hear about it on the news. I didn't even hear about it on the local news. Not sure it was even reported. No shots fired.

Last year there were 2 or 3 pizza drivers killed and about a dozen roughed up here in CT. For what? I worked doing pizza delivery. Sure you get a "bank" at the start of the night but it's like 50 dollars and mostly in singles. Any time a driver had more than 100 on them it was dropped off (where I worked anyway).

The picture and title of the thread are from an episode of Family Guy. I can't find the video online.

--Steve

I dunno what's going on... compared to Europe (Mediterranean Europe most of all) you guys have a tremendous amount of crimiality.

Maybe it's because we eat wheat and you guys eat a lot of meat (eat your heart out, Gyrobob)

Maybe it's because we have more "organized crime" who make sure petty criminals keep a low profile - fewer police on the prowl...

Or maybe it's simply because we're different... but it startles the European TV viewer to hear of a shootout at the local mall, we don't even have roadside shootouts among mafia hitmen... Undecided

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:16:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When you squeeze me I make bad people go away

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.