Send Topic Print
CO2=Good (Read 75 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
CO2=Good
11/20/12 at 19:01:16

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: CO2=Good
Reply #1 - 11/20/12 at 19:13:07

I try to breathe out as often as possible...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 11/20/12 at 19:27:03

Serowbot wrote on 11/20/12 at 19:13:07:
I try to breathe out as often as possible...  Huh...

I hope through your nose or mouth.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/20/12 at 19:35:24

I know the guy who wrote that. Once upon a time, he worked in a research lab, hes good at math & is married to a really good doctor.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #4 - 11/21/12 at 08:31:12

"This is an industry problem not a populus problem.
If industry cannot produce a product safely, then it should not be produced."

I'm not sure population doesn't ultimately beget the other problems?  We have finite resources, so there's only so much to go around.  This is what gets me about "mtn coal top mining" and frac-ing.   The jury is certainly still out, at best, yet we keep allowing the corps to do it while we decide if it's "safe".   Once things are upset it takes centuries or millennium to repair, if it can be done at all?

Where I live, you can drive around the area and still see evidence of hydraulic mining.   This was done back in the late 1800's to wash hillsides down into giant sluice boxes in order to extract the gold.   Within a mere 10 or 15 years it became clear that it would destroy the landscape, forests, and fisheries, and was subsequently banned.   But still, a lot of damage was already done.

The thing folks need to understand is that corporations have absolutely NO obligation to ensure your individual health or well being.  In fact, they are chartered, by law, to do one thing, and that is to make money for their investors.   In that endeavor, if they can bypass regulations to improve profit (ala BP), trust me, your safety is of no concern.

« Last Edit: 11/21/12 at 10:37:22 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 11/21/12 at 11:28:22

If a producy cant be made safely than it is produced in Mexico or China or Russia.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 11/22/12 at 06:45:00

Or Canada. Best chrome plating shop in the world is in Surrey British Columbia. Show chrome costs half of the price of a generic bumper shop re-dip.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 11/27/12 at 13:47:06

360k+ wrote on 11/21/12 at 08:31:12:
"This is an industry problem not a populus problem.
If industry cannot produce a product safely, then it should not be produced."

I'm not sure population doesn't ultimately beget the other problems?  We have finite resources, so there's only so much to go around.  This is what gets me about "mtn coal top mining" and frac-ing.   The jury is certainly still out, at best, yet we keep allowing the corps to do it while we decide if it's "safe".   Once things are upset it takes centuries or millennium to repair, if it can be done at all?

Where I live, you can drive around the area and still see evidence of hydraulic mining.   This was done back in the late 1800's to wash hillsides down into giant sluice boxes in order to extract the gold.   Within a mere 10 or 15 years it became clear that it would destroy the landscape, forests, and fisheries, and was subsequently banned.   But still, a lot of damage was already done.

The thing folks need to understand is that corporations have absolutely NO obligation to ensure your individual health or well being.  In fact, they are chartered, by law, to do one thing, and that is to make money for their investors.   In that endeavor, if they can bypass regulations to improve profit (ala BP), trust me, your safety is of no concern.

I bolded that one line - sooooo many people do not understand this. By LAW.. a corporation MUST do what is in the best interst of SHAREHOLDERS. There is no other mandate. This is why there are 'regulations" and  not laws that governt this, as the two laws would conflict.

It was only a short time ago that Toyota put out recalls ( several) .. doing so hurt the corporate image and thus shareholder values. THE SHAREHOLDERS SUED.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 11/27/12 at 19:33:28

Thats messed up, Pine,, not sayin youre not 100% correct, just sayin that thats messed UP..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:06:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › CO2=Good

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.